turnke
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Cheesecake? Frozen yoghurt? Now you're talking!!! :D

Hi Sally,The Cheescake Factory is just across the road from our hotel in the Royal Hawaiian Center.

See you in October

Keith

Brenda K
(Member)
Hi ladies thank you for the tips layers sounds like a very good idea, and i wouldn't even have thought about gloves :thumbup:

I'm only about an hour from Heathrow so won't be staying the night before, but like Sally will get there in plenty of time so can arrange to meet if you want. Any ideas of a good place? I wont be wearing a pink carnation but I will have a copy of hawaii 5 O to go under my arm :)

Money wise thoughts were along the same lines, can always get more cash although i think it does cost to draw out when you're away. I'm assuming there will safes in the rooms there usually are?

10 weeks will fly by now so excited.

Bren x

Mandy G
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'turnke' wrote:

'sallyc' wrote:

Hi Sally,The Cheescake Factory is just across the road from our hotel in the Royal Hawaiian Center.

See you in October

Keith

Hi Keith

Wow we have a cheesecake factory across the road from our Hotel. I hope it has a shop as I love cheesecake chocolate is my favourite.

Mandy G
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sally and Brenda

Can I ask you a question. As this is my first Just You holiday what happens when you get to Heathrow. Do we wait fore everyone to arrive before booking in and will the tour rep be there. Or do we book in by our self and then meet some where else in the airport. I hope this is not a stupid question.

I would like to meet you both at the airport but I do not know Heathrow very well.

Mandy

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mandy - definitely not a stupid question. When we get our final paperwork (about two weeks before we go) there will be clarification of the plans. We may or may not have access to an airport lounge prior to our departure. This is simply a room within the departure terminal where you have comfy seating, nice toilets and free drinks and snacks, TV and newspapers. This is a nice way to meet everyone as we are all in a relatively small area. Usually access to this is allowed two hours or so before the flight leaves. If we don't have access to a lounge, it is a bit like pot luck if you find anyone else before you get to the departure gate. Some people prefer to stay anonymous and do their own thing, others display their Just You baggage labels in the hope of finding the others, or of course you can use this site to arrange to meet up.

The rep may or may not be travelling with us. If they are, they will often be found hanging around the check in desk. If they are not, there will be a JY rep to help you check in.

Essentially, you check in yourself as and when you want and make your own way either to the lounge or to the departure gate when your flight is ready.

I'm quite happy to meet you at check in, or if you are coming later than I plan to, I will let you know where I plan on having breakfast. Terminal 1 isn't particularly big so it shouldn't be too difficult. I can also email you my mobile number nearer the time so we don't miss each other. (This also applies to anyone else who would like to meet up beforehand).

Please feel free to ask any other 'stupid' questions - I remember how nerve-wracking my first trip was and am happy to help.

Sally

Mandy G
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sally

Thank you for your answer I just like to know what is happening and was thinking about it.

I would like to meet you at the airport at the check in. I will be staying in a hotel near the airport so I will be able to meet you what ever time you say, we can have breakfast together. We can set a time near the date when we go.

Mandy

Brenda K
(Member)
Hi Mandy and Sally

Mandy this is my first trip too and have had those same thoughts. Thank you Sally would be great to meet up somewhere.

You're both welcome to have my number so we can arrange something :thumbup:

X

Tinamarina
(Member)
Hi everyone or should I say Aloha... Really pleased to say I will be joining all of you on this holiday. Thanks to everyone for all the info about what to take, like warm clothes for the sunrise tour. Love the idea of going to San Diego zoo while we're there and nice of you Sally to suggest we all meet up with you at the airport. That would be great - I won't feel so nervous if there is someone there to meet up with - I don't know Heathrow very well either. Am so looking forward to this trip and meeting you all.
turnke
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mandy wrote:

'turnke' wrote:

'sallyc' wrote:

See you in October

Keith

Hi Keith

Wow we have a cheesecake factory across the road from our Hotel. I hope it has a shop as I love cheesecake chocolate is my favourite.

Hi Mandy,The Cheescake Factory is a chain throughout the States,if it is the same as the one in Boston,there is a dining area serving a large variety of dishes,and an area at the front where they display,and sell,all the cheescake you could want,to take away.

Keith

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi guys

Just 9 weeks to go now. Tina, glad to hear you are joining us and fancy a day out at the zoo. I've been watching the zoo webcams and it looks great. I got my ESTA sorted yesterday, just 10 minutes online - all very straight forward. Hayley - I think $1000 sounds about right, looking at average costs for food and drink. I usually take a pre-loaded cash card to save carrying so much cash around. I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding ATM's out there!

Sally

Ariya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I'd be happy to meet people at the airport. I'm one of the shy ones so find it hard sometimes going up to people I don't know, but will have my Just You label on display and will keep an eye out for others. I live in Kent so not too far away, although I've never actually been to Heathrow before, hoping to be there early enough to skip the M25 rush hour traffic.

I've been looking at the zoo webcams too, the baby panda is gorgeous!

Hayley

Brenda K
(Member)
'Ariya' wrote:

Hi, I'd be happy to meet people at the airport. I'm one of the shy ones so find it hard sometimes going up to people I don't know, but will have my Just You label on display and will keep an eye out for others. I live in Kent so not too far away, although I've never actually been to Heathrow before, hoping to be there early enough to skip the M25 rush hour traffic.

I've been looking at the zoo webcams too, the baby panda is gorgeous!

Hayley

Hi Hayley I'm so sorry I got your name wrong, great start eh! Bren x

Brenda K
(Member)
Hi

Keith sounds like you're our cheesecake expert :thumbup:

I'm looking at parking at Heathrow anyone seen any good deals?

Bren

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Mandy - definitely not a stupid question. When we get our final paperwork (about two weeks before we go) there will be clarification of the plans. We may or may not have access to an airport lounge prior to our departure. This is simply a room within the departure terminal where you have comfy seating, nice toilets and free drinks and snacks, TV and newspapers. This is a nice way to meet everyone as we are all in a relatively small area. Usually access to this is allowed two hours or so before the flight leaves. If we don't have access to a lounge, it is a bit like pot luck if you find anyone else before you get to the departure gate. Some people prefer to stay anonymous and do their own thing, others display their Just You baggage labels in the hope of finding the others, or of course you can use this site to arrange to meet up.

The rep may or may not be travelling with us. If they are, they will often be found hanging around the check in desk. If they are not, there will be a JY rep to help you check in.

Essentially, you check in yourself as and when you want and make your own way either to the lounge or to the departure gate when your flight is ready.

I'm quite happy to meet you at check in, or if you are coming later than I plan to, I will let you know where I plan on having breakfast. Terminal 1 isn't particularly big so it shouldn't be too difficult. I can also email you my mobile number nearer the time so we don't miss each other. (This also applies to anyone else who would like to meet up beforehand).

Please feel free to ask any other 'stupid' questions - I remember how nerve-wracking my first trip was and am happy to help.

Sally

Hi Sally, I'm booked on this holiday and plan to come down from Birmingham by coach, so I'll be arriving at Heathrow around 7.30am. I'd be very happy to meet you for breakfast - maybe you remember me from the South Africa trip last year?? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the holiday and meeting you again together with my other travelling companions. See you soon, Mike

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike - of course I remember you. Glad you are joining us. Only 8 weeks to go now. I'll post nearer the time about suggested meeting points.

Sally

Brenda K
(Member)
Hi Sally can't believe how quickly the weeks have gone by, only 7 weeks :thumbup:

Time to dust the suit case off and start chucking random things in soon I reckon, of course it'll all come out again and probably in again before I decide what to take!

Think the kids are planning a party as soon as I leave, as long as they tidy up I don't mind. Are you getting itchy feet yet, almost time for your next fix of JY? :cool:

Bren x

Brenda K
(Member)
'mikew' wrote:

'sallyc' wrote:

The rep may or may not be travelling with us. If they are, they will often be found hanging around the check in desk. If they are not, there will be a JY rep to help you

check in.

Sally

Hi Sally, I'm booked on this holiday and plan to come down from Birmingham by coach, so I'll be arriving at Heathrow around 7.30am. I'd be very happy to meet you for breakfast - maybe you remember me from the South Africa trip last year?? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the holiday and meeting you again together with my other travelling companions. See you soon, Mike

Hi Mike i'm looking forward to meeting everyone too. Have you been on many JY trips? Bren

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
A quick question for Eric 'the baron' if he's monitoring this post - could you possibly ask your other half how she got to San Diego Zoo? I've had a look at the public transport options but they all look a bit convoluted. Thanks.

Only seven weeks to go. Hopefully the sharks will have moved away from Maui by then............ :-/

Sally

Mandy G
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone yes only seven weeks to go. I have a 1 week holiday from 7th Sep so that week I will get my self all organized and get everything I need. Probably will pack then unpack as you do.

Hi Sally saw that on the news about the sharks lets hope they are not there when we go as I would like to go in the water.

mandy

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bren

Itchy feet? Itchy everything! I'm starting to struggle - particularly with my colleagues and friends going away at the moment. I'm hoping that once we get to September time will pass a bit quicker.

Mandy - I was hoping to snorkel as well, the general advice seems to be to stay out of the water at dawn and dusk and to go with other people so I think if we follow those rules we should be okay. The odds are definitely in our favour.

As regards packing - I always bring far too much. It always amazes me how much the non clothing items weigh. The shoes, toiletries, chargers etc seem to fill up the case before any clothes have gone in!

Sally