katy1717
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hello Will

I have to agree with Per aeternus and disagree with Bob and Hils. I think JY should be commended for giving the customer what they want and actually listening to us. I've travelled on the activity holidays with a competitor, but like Per aeternus want to do this type of holiday with JY.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Sylvia

I agree with you Sylvia. Enjoy the touring holidays but the introduction of walking holidays with JY (Yorkshire and I think some new ones) is very welcome. (+Am very much hoping that sometime in the near future JY would look at skiing holidays, would love a holiday that combined skiing in Vermont with a few days in Boston or similar - the competitors skiing holidays only go to duff European resorts.)

Katy

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

thanks Julia, one more question, do the dates for the new holidays overlap with ones in the existing brochure? I'm interested because if Jersey's in there it would be good to know the dates ranges in case I book something else that already exists, that may clash. Thanks, PA.

Hi PA,

In short yes.

You've probably seen in our current brochure that there are departures for many of our holidays throughout 2015. I can confirm that these new tours will be part of the 2015 programme, so dates may overlap with some of the existing holidays.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

'Puer wrote:

thanks Julia, one more question, do the dates for the new holidays overlap with ones in the existing brochure? I'm interested because if Jersey's in there it would be good to know the dates ranges in case I book something else that already exists, that may clash. Thanks, PA.

Hi PA,

In short yes.

You've probably seen in our current brochure that there are departures for many of our holidays throughout 2015. I can confirm that these new tours will be part of the 2015 programme, so dates may overlap with some of the existing holidays.

Kindest regards,

Julia

thanks Julia. As I tend to be a 'last minute' booker, September isn't too long to wait!

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

How does the expression go, something like this.

You can please some of the people some of the time,

But you can't please all the people all of the time.

I don't worry about the tours I don't want to go on, there are some fantastic tours in this new brochure but they are not for me, the same as full on sightseeing tours I do are not for others

Cindy

Well said Cindy! As you can see from my interview with JY (News section Home page under February "Go and see the world....") I am very much committed to booking nearly all my holidays with JY - I have now done 12, with 2 more booked for this year. In order to see as much of a country as possible in a limited time, it does necessitate a certain amount of time travelling by trains, planes & automobiles - this particularly applies to Long Haul tours. I actually don't mind all this travelling as you see so much of the country, which is one of the main reasons I book with JY. As long as JY continue to do these wonderful tours, I will continue to book them. I appreciate that JY's customer profile has changed quite a bit over the last couple of years (is definitely attracting younger travellers - not a bad thing) and the younger element want different types of holidays. Hopefully JY will be able to keep us all happy!

Cheers,

Hils

Puer aeternus
(Member)
I too enjoy the tours and in fact have done the Golden West one Twice as I enjoyed it so much! mind you it was the destinations I enjoyed, not the coach travel. I also enjoy more activity based holidays like gentle cycling, walking, etc etc which make holidays more varied, exciting and interesting. I'm not 'young' by any means and I don't think the Just You's client base is getting 'younger' I think some are just getting more adventurous and active in their later years!
JY Will
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
did someone mention gentle cycling holidays?

UserPostedImage

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JY wrote:

UserPostedImage

WILL!!!!!!!:D

You are never ever going to get me in LYCRA:blush:

I would need to take an oxygen cylinder with me on a tour like this..10/10 for trying.

:thumbup:

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
If it's gentle could it be Holland?
Kezzer46
(Member)
'JY wrote:

UserPostedImage

Will,

Just the thought of getting my leg over :s the bike is enough to give me palpitations heehee.

Kezzer

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'JY wrote:

UserPostedImage

This looks brilliant!, sign me up. (Tip, lycra is not compulsory when cycling!)

These new breaks look really good, Jersey, Cycling, walking/rambling, I think 2015 is going to be pretty busy for me and Just You! ;)

Now, all thats needed is some SKI-ING!

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
I agree a cycling holiday does look good. If its in holland even better!

Mark

the_baron1
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

'JY wrote:

UserPostedImage

I would need to take an oxygen cylinder with me on a tour like this..10/10 for trying.

Cindy

I bet you would look great in LYCRA Cindy!

Although I do cycle to work and back I would not specifically go on a cycling holiday. Prefer to relax when on holiday, but saying that JY holidays can involve a fair amount of travelling and sightseeing !

Eric

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'the_baron1' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

'JY wrote:

UserPostedImage

Cindy

I bet you would look great in LYCRA Cindy!

Although I do cycle to work and back I would not specifically go on a cycling holiday. Prefer to relax when on holiday, but saying that JY holidays can involve a fair amount of travelling and sightseeing !

Eric

Eric

take my word for it I wouldn't ! :thumbup: perhaps 30 years ago I would.

Like you I think the touring holidays can be tiring, I tend to go for the multi hotel tours and that's exhausting. I remember being in NZ and thinking where am I what hotel what room number, so me on a bike would be lethal!

Cindy

JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
here's a non lycra pic this time. This one is for the people who don't want to walk, cycle, or indeed anything that requires much energy!

UserPostedImage

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JY wrote:

here's a non lycra pic this time. This one is for the people who don't want to walk, cycle, or indeed anything that requires much energy!

UserPostedImage

That looks truly stunning Will! Somewhere in the Caribbean I reckon! And definitely a lycra free zone!

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Learnt from someone else on this site that you can right click on an image to find out where it is. Honeymoon picture Will 😉 St Lucia sounds lovely :cool:

Jan

Kezzer46
(Member)
Looks amazing Will, however unless there was some exploring included I'd be bored after an hour!! 🙂
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI Kezzer,

I agree, I would love to stay in a beautiful beach location but I would need excursions to keep me occupied - I can't lie on a beach as I don't tan but that wouldn't stop me taking relaxing walks etc! I await this new St Lucia holiday with interest. Hope it wouldn't be humid there as it's a real killer!

Cheers,

Bob

sookie222
(Member)
Hi Will, that's just what I've been waiting for! Kezzer/Bob, you head off on your walk and leave me to my private beach 🙂. Haven't been to St. Lucia since 1991 when they were just waking up to tourists and it wasn't wise to go walking anywhere at that time (even in small groups), so I didn't see much beyond the hotel complex. I'm sure things have moved on a lot since then and I'd love to return with hopefully one or two built-in tours to the townships and different parts of the island.
JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Let's see who can get today's pic with cheating!

UserPostedImage