Avocet64
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a big fan of free speech and we're all having fun guessing where JY Will and the team are planning to take customers in 2015. However, there have been comments made privately from those that they feel that certain posts are getting a little personal.

So (…and this IS a friendly warning), whilst some things may be said in jest, please be aware that some may not interpret them as such. Please consider your response before posting it.

Now that’s out of the way - back to the guessing game everyone!

Julia

Think, from what Will says, the guessing game has finished anyway.

Perhaps Will could come up with a different type of clue next time, where everyone who wants to take part, has an equal chance of guessing without the use of "technology". I like cryptic clues myself, but that would probably take far more time than Will has to spare. Either that or just tell us where it is, that would be a shame, but it would stop it all getting so silly.

Thanks to Will anyway for trying to add what was a bit of fun to the forum, I know how much he likes to tease.

Avocet

JY Will
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I just like to give the forum the first taste of what's to come!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JY wrote:

Will:rolleyes:

We do appreciate it, :thumbup: you know us all so well, can't wait for the new brochure to plop through the letter box:D, it might come before I go away 23rd Sept if not let's hope it's waiting for me when I come home!:P!! And fingers crossed hubby doesn't put it in the bin:(

Cindy:angel:

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JY wrote:

Hi Will - and you are doing a great job at trying to give us the widest and most diverse range of singles holidays possible. Let's hope we customers respond and make all the new holidays a great success for JY. Well done and keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Bob

Avocet64
(Member)
'JY wrote:

Yes, we all know you do, I don't think anyone doubts that for one minute, but come on Will admit it, you do like to tease us all with little bits of info you have no intentions of elaborating on just to keep us guessing, I can give one example, Nepal! And however frustrating it is we would never hold it against you. Damned shame I will be away when the new brochure comes out so I shall still be in suspense.

Avocet

JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Avocet64' wrote:

'JY wrote:

Yes, we all know you do, I don't think anyone doubts that for one minute, but come on Will admit it, you do like to tease us all with little bits of info you have no intentions of elaborating on just to keep us guessing, I can give one example, Nepal! And however frustrating it is we would never hold it against you. Damned shame I will be away when the new brochure comes out so I shall still be in suspense.

Avocet

haha, well I don't want to ruin all of the excitement of the new brochure arriving!

I have just done a presentation to our sales centre team about all of our new holidays and I am now more excited than before!

Just hope that everyone loves them as much as we all hope! We have gone out of our way to make sure every single one is exciting in some way. Whether that be including a night out in an Irish pub with a live band on the Ireland holiday or taking you to some undiscovered corner of the Balkans.

LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member)
I know this one, it's the Senso Ji shrine in Tokyo - I went there in 2011 with JY, fantastic trip.

Lynda ;)

uote='JY Will' pid='252822' dateline='1407836636']

I think this is the last one for now... and it's my fav!

UserPostedImage

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will,

The fact that you are including a holiday to Montenegro/Macedonia has not only made my year, but is testament to the fact that you guys DO actually listen to what we say, good or bad. You can never please everyone, but having the forum as a method to communicate directly with the time is a huge asset. Such facilities are not available on other single tours, and is one of the reasons i still travel with you guys.

Mark

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will

The problem is having the time and money to go on all the new exciting holidays on offer. I am looking forward to receiving the September brochure even though my holidays for next year are already planned. Of course, I can always change my mind! Keep up the good work.

Regards

Jaya

the_baron1
(Member)
Pity JY do not do BOGOF offer Jaya. Then we could get all those holidays in!

Eric

lesley07
(Member)
sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

Hi Will,

The fact that you are including a holiday to Montenegro/Macedonia has not only made my year, but is testament to the fact that you guys DO actually listen to what we say, good or bad. You can never please everyone, but having the forum as a method to communicate directly with the time is a huge asset. Such facilities are not available on other single tours, and is one of the reasons i still travel with you guys.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Must correct you there, I know of at least two other singles holiday companies that have a forum. If you want to know which then ask Julia for my email and I will send them to you. Won't post them here because I think it is wrong to advertise one company on another's site.

Sylvia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvia,

I've looked at a certain competitor's website and forum and they are very poor compared with JY! Hardly anyone ever posts on theirs, unlike the vibrant JY forum which has many posts each day!

Cheers,

Bob

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

'marks' wrote:

Hi Will,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Must correct you there, I know of at least two other singles holiday companies that have a forum. If you want to know which then ask Julia for my email and I will send them to you. Won't post them here because I think it is wrong to advertise one company on another's site.

Sylvia

Quite agree Sylia, it would be wrong for anyone to do something like that alone or 'Solo', I mean, you wouldn't want to break up a 'Friendship' over 'Travel', would you? :rolleyes:;);):shy:

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

I've looked at a certain competitor's website and forum and they are very poor compared with JY! Hardly anyone ever posts on theirs, unlike the vibrant JY forum which has many posts each day!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I think I know which one you mean. If it is that one it is a small company and the forum has only been going five weeks so it will be quiet. They have only got just over a couple of hundred registered members, in those 5 weeks, not all of them post, but there have been 125 posts over 37 threads since it started.

But it is not worth arguing about - life is too short for that.

Sylvia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

'BGray' wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I think I know which one you mean. If it is that one it is a small company and the forum has only been going five weeks so it will be quiet. They have only got just over a couple of hundred registered members, in those 5 weeks, not all of them post, but there have been 125 posts over 37 threads since it started.

But it is not worth arguing about - life is too short for that.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

No I'm talking about Solos who have been operating for over 30 years and yet their forum is terrible! I've looked at it numerous times and posts regularly if not always go unanswered - it just hasn't taken off at all! One Traveller are just getting off the ground and I hope all goes well for them. However they are catering for "mature" single travellers and I'm not there yet!!!

Best wishes,

Bob

JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
anyway, enough talk about other companies on my nice new tours thread!

Turns out there was one tour that I forgot... here you go!

UserPostedImage

Bosuncat
(Member)
'JY wrote:

UserPostedImage

Somewhere in Greece that JY doesn't do. 😛

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JY wrote:

UserPostedImage

Looks interesting! Maybe Greece or Turkey?

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

I guess you would not go to Palmyra in Syria and I do not think it is Jerash so guess it is Greece somewhere?

Jan