Ethertonm
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi I have recently booked my first solo holiday and am a little anxious, if anyone is joining the sorrento and amalfi coast trip 18-25 March this year it would be nice to hear from you so I at least know some fellow travellers
Debster3004
(Newbie)
I'm going in May, shame you are going earlier as I'm a first time solo too and very nervous. I'd be interested in how you get on. 
Ethertonm
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Yeh sure I will let you know, bit surprised at the lack of responses from other people but glad you got on touch - michele
Ethertonm
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi, yes of course I will feedback my experience, yes real shame not on the same holiday. It would be nice if some other people responded too, I feel a bit like 'Billy no mates'😁
Helenrs
(Newbie)
I went to Sri Lanka with just you last year.  First time I had ever travelled on my own and I'm in my 60's!  The whole experience was fantastic. I met some wonderful people. Everyone was really supportive and we got on well with each other. The trip was so well organised.  You will have a fabulous time and will soon be booking another trip.  I loved the trip so much I'm off to Costa Rica on a few weeks .  I would be interested to hear what you think of your trip.  Have fun
ROSE19999
(Newbie)
Don't worry you won't be alone. A lot of people don't seem to be aware of this forum, I really think that Just You needs to give it more pubicity as it's a great tool for customers.

I'm sure that each and every one of us had some doubts, worries and concerns when going on our first trip, I know I did, I was terrified!! But rest assured you'll be well looked after, have a great time and will soon be looking to book your next holiday.

Make sure to put you JY label on your hand luggage as well as your checked in case, that way others on your trip can identify you and will say hello, but if you spot them first then do say hello to them, don't be shy.

And please do a review when you return, it's a great help to other potential travellers and interesting for us all to read about other holdays. I've only booked my next trip (Andalucia) because of reviews on here.

Happy travels

Rose

Debster3004
(Newbie)
Yes I'm feeling a bit 'Billy' too 
Lynn M
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Hi I am also going on my first solo trip to Andalucia in June. Looking forward to it. Would be nice to know if anyone was going. 
Aidan
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Hi, I am not going on this trip but I have been to Sorrento and Amalfi once before. It is a great part of Italy. I was in a bar in Sorrento listening to the singing and playing of Neopolitian music. There is no beach in Sorrento it is volcanic ash, but I sat at the small marina soaking up the sun. I went on a boat trip to Capri which was great. There was a vinyard opposite the hotel. If you like wine, local wine can be purchased at reasonable prices. I am sure you will have a great time.
Ethertonm
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Thank you that's reassuring I will post when I get back
Markbleach
(Newbie)
I've just booked for September. Anybody else going or will it be very solo! 😂
Helen Thomas
(Newbie)
I'm on my first Just You trip this year as well! If anyone is on the US National Parks tour in October, it would be great to know any fellow travellers
SharonA
(Newbie)
Hi, 

I'm thinking of going to Andalusia in either June or Oct, from East Midlands. Have been debating about taking the plunge for a while & reading positive reviews in the forum has made up my mind! Will be booking this week. Nervous but looking forward to 1st solo holiday. Everybody seems nice & friendly!

AlisonK
(Newbie)
I am going to Andalucia in April.  This is my first solo trip and am also anxious about it all.  I have posted on here before to see if anyone was flying from Bristol on 18 April as I would love to chat to someone who is also booked on this trip.

I am sure us 'first timers' will have a good time and should be proud of ourselves for stepping out of our comfort zones.

Sue CB
(Newbie)
Hi Lynn

What date are you travelling? I'm going on the 27th June departure. 

Sue CB
(Newbie)
Hi Sharon.

I have booked this holiday departing from East Midlands on 27th June. When are you going? 

Linnage
(Newbie)
I've only just joined this forum and would like to reassure anyone who hasn't been on holiday on their own before. I was widowed through Covid in 2021 after being happily married for 43 years and had never been on holiday on my own. We had planned to go to Australia. I booked with JustYou for the November tour last year and signed up for every optional tour, including climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge. When I think how close I got to not booking it, that would have been a huge mistake. I am quite an anxious person but it has given me enough confidence to book the South Africa Experience and Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer. The group was so friendly and the tour director exceptional. Two fellow travellers approached me before we got to Sydney, which was lovely. Please don't have any fears, you'll be fine, you'll meet new friends, be well looked after and enjoy new experiences. 
Norma Mac
(Newbie)
Sharon, Did you book for October? I am flying out to Spain from Scotland on 3rd October. This is the first of this type of holiday for me too and not sure how it will be. Mijas is a lovely place as is the surrounding Costa del Sol. Have visited this 

area many times in the past and looking forward to revisiting. I am sure we will all be fine once we get there.

Norma

Brad
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Hi me too. Unsure of what happens from leaving home to arriving at the destination.
Marie Blackstock
(Member)
Hi I am going from East Midlands on the 3rd Oct to Andalucia. I hve been on holiday in that area before but never on my own. Quite looking forward to it now that I have taken the plunge. Mari