Kathy WW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hello all, I am new to this site and just testing the waters to see if I can work it...lol, anyway, I am looking into a couple of holidays, route 66 and the Texas and New Orleans one, can anyone tell me about their experiences and what I should expect on a just you holiday please? all replies will be gratefully received xxx
Peter Jersey
(Member)
'Kathy wrote:

hello all, I am new to this site and just testing the waters to see if I can work it...lol, anyway, I am looking into a couple of holidays, route 66 and the Texas and New Orleans one, can anyone tell me about their experiences and what I should expect on a just you holiday please? all replies will be gratefully received xxx

Hello and welcome to you.

I have never done an american holiday simply because I don't fancy the place. However, I can tell you that on any JY holiday you will never get bored and you will make new friends. You will never be left out of anything, unless you want to be. You will be looked after by your Tour Manager. Excellent people these are. Good luck to you.

Peter

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Kathy

Welcome to you I have done 7 JY Tours with New Zealand booked for 2012.

What can you expect on a JY Holiday, a fantastic time I would say. I have done 3 USA tours, they are very action packed and you are on the go seeing loads of things which is such good fun. I would say on the USA tours the group size is approx. 35-45 age range 55-70 with younger and older either side.,more ladies than men. Very good value for money and a very safe way to travel, the rep's and drivers that I have encounter have been very good. The Route 66 is a new tour this brochure and I have not been on the other one either. So hope you book and have fun.

Cindy

Kathy WW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
thanks for the replies, Im 41 so is it mainly older travellers that go?
Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have done 7 JY holidays and I would say the majority are over 50 but on the 2 USA tours I did the age group was slightly younger and there were more men than on most tours. The US seems to appeal to them
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Kathy

You would be one of the younger ones in the group at 41, but please do not let that put you off a tour. IF there is a tour you want to go on then I would say to you give it a go. I was 48 when I went on my first one 5 yeards ago. I have had some great chats and spent time with younger and much older than myself. I am sure you would be fine.

Cindy

Kathy WW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
thanks for all your comments 🙂
Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Kathy

Don't let age put you off - people mix regardless of age (Im 43)

I've done about 10 JY holidays and ages have ranged from twenties to late 70's. Have just done Israel a couple of weeks ago - there were 40 in the group - 2 in the 20's, 2 in their 30's and rest 40 up to mid 70's.

Women do tend to outnumber men. Group sizes smallest number I been on was 13 and largest 40.

Which holiday to go on? Go with the ones that appeal to you

Anna

Kathy WW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Annam' wrote:

Kathy

Don't let age put you off - people mix regardless of age (Im 43)

I've done about 10 JY holidays and ages have ranged from twenties to late 70's. Have just done Israel a couple of weeks ago - there were 40 in the group - 2 in the 20's, 2 in their 30's and rest 40 up to mid 70's.

Women do tend to outnumber men. Group sizes smallest number I been on was 13 and largest 40.

Which holiday to go on? Go with the ones that appeal to you

Anna

Thanks Anna, this is exactly what I wanted to hear :)