Niki Kathryn
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Good afternoon all,

I am booked for the Croatia Istrian Coast holiday departing Gatwick on 15/8/23.

I have never travelled solo before.

I am bit apprehensive but excited too.

Any words of encouragement from other solo travellers?

Niki

Lizwiz
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Niki - I've done 3 solo trips with JY so far (Sicily, Mallorca and Tuuscany) and had a really good experience every time.  I was anxious before the first one but the JY tour managers have all been excellent and work hard to put everyone at ease.  Added to that, the other group members are all generally pretty friendly.  On the Tuscan trip we all got on so well that one one of our free nights we all chose to go out to dinner en masse so our poor tour manager was lumbered with persuading the funicular railway operators to accept a block booking so we could all get to the chosen restaurant together! 

I'm off to Andalucia with JY on 31 August and really looking forward to it.  Have a great time on your Croatia trip! 😊

Niki Kathryn
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Liz,

Very reassuring.

You have a great time in Andalucia too.

Best wishes

Nik

Lucinda
(Member)
Hi Niki, 

im going on the 15th aug to. 

I've done a few now but always still get nervous. 

im sure we all have a great time

see you at Gatwick 

Lucinda 

annamurgatroyd@hotmail.com
(Newbie)
I'm on this trip too. Getting excited (and a bit nervous!) now. I'm travelling from Manchester. Will look out for you in Croatia! 😎

Anna

sarah.moakes@sky.com
(Newbie)
Hi There,

I did my 1st solo trip about 20yrs ago now, the West Coast of America....amazing holiday, you are very well looked after and you get to meet and chat to lots of lovely people, I've been travelling the world ever since.

Enjoy every minute, and if you can go on any extra trips they offer, they are so worth it.  Have an amazing time.

Sarah (Sheffield)