Dawn1980
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello I am a newbie to solo holidays overall. I am going on the 18 day western wonders and I am a little worried on how to pack, particularly clothes for each day. As like most holidays you are only in each hotel for a few days. Has anyone used packing cubes or any other ideas on how to organise outfits with easy access without emptying cases? Ideas appreciated. Thanks šŸ˜ŠĀ 
Angell
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dawn,

Packing cubes are brilliant! I use them all the times when travelling.Ā  Very convenient especially when you are staying in many hotels.Ā  Packing cubes are definitely worth investing in.Ā 

Have a fabulous time in USA.Ā 

Dawn1980
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your advice and reply. I am newbie so not sure on the system. Do you get to keep your cases until the day you leave each hotel or do you have to put them out the night before? Think I am going to take a rucksack for my toiletries and have take that on the coach.. very new to it all ā˜ŗļø
kayfitz
(Newbie)
Hi there, Iā€™ve just done the Western Wonders trip in May. A friend on the trip used the cubes and thought they were great. It was my first long haul trip with Just You and thereā€™s was an awful lot of miles covered but to see an awful lot!! You need to be organised - up and cases ready by 7am then breakfast and on the road for 8am. Minimal packing and take a coach bag of things for the long coach journeys! Food and drink is expensive now so your dollars donā€™t go far so make sure youā€™ve topped up your credit card. Take layers for the coast but always plenty to buy out there if needed. Remember the time difference for comm7nicating with home too! Enjoy.
Dawn1980
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is amazing advice thank you so much. šŸ˜ŠI have been to America a few times and was last there at the west coast last March we stayed in each hotel for 6 nights and could empty case but never done a solo trip or coach trip in another country so it is new to me. I wear leggings and tunics usually so will invest in packing cubes and prepare case each night before leaving taking toiletries and essential on the coach. I will be taking main case and hand luggage case. Ā Did you use the laundry facilities in any hotel? Thanks again DawnĀ 
Donna1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I used packing cubes for the first time when I did this tour in 2019 and now swear by them even when not travelling round they're just good to keep same items together. This year I'm trying one of those vacpac packing cubes also. I kept my rucksack items to a minimum, just what I needed for that day

Donna

JustJan1
(Member)
Packing cubes are brilliant, I use them on every holiday however long or short. Keep your clothes and suitcase in order. Well worth the outlay.
SkyRokker
(Newbie)
I have used packing cubes for years.Ā  When I am packing my suitcase, I look at the itinerary for each day and decide what I am going to wear and pack accordingly - obviously I do change my mind on what to wear occasionally!Ā  This way I only need to take out minimal from the suitcase and it is easy to pack and unpack when you are staying in multiple hotels.
Kind regards

Jaya

willtravels
(Newbie)
Hey Dawn, How's your experience so far?Ā 
Dawn1980
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Regarding packing cubes.. I tried in many ways but they are not for me! I will continue with rolling clothes.. I have some for day and some for night and will take a packing cube or two for dirty washing.Ā 
justdavid_
(Newbie)
I am planning to travel soon. and this question would be relevant. I will keep this comments in mind.Ā 
antsparks
(Newbie)
This is the first time I've heard of packing cubes. I was just recently thinking about this concept a few days ago since I've been travelling back and forth, and what do you know, it already exists!
igosolo
(Newbie)
Packing cubes is a great space-saving strategy for travel! I started using them a few years ago and they make such a difference in keeping things organized in your luggage.

There are different-sized cubes you can get on Amazon or at stores like The Container Store. I usually do one for shirts, one for pants/shorts, one for socks/underwear, etc. It cuts down on digging around in your bag since you can just pull out the whole cube.

Some other tips - roll your clothes instead of folding them to save space. Compression packing bags are handy too. And don't overpack - focus on mix-and-match pieces that can be worn together in multiple outfits.

JustDani
(Newbie)
I have used packing cubes in the past, but have shifted to compression bags because they are much more compact, but require longer preparation time. Packing cubes are still a great way to pack, and my niece still uses them today.