confused
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi first jy holiday to usa national parks mnt rushmore little big horn flying with ba can anyone tell me my luggage allowance ie number of bags and weight of each bag thanks confused
Mick W
(Member)
'confused' wrote:

hi first jy holiday to usa national parks mnt rushmore little big horn flying with ba can anyone tell me my luggage allowance ie number of bags and weight of each bag thanks confused

Think JY will give you the info in your final documents. I've flown with BA lots of times and you will be allowed one cheked in bag upto a weight restriction of 23kg.

Size for a checked bag can be up to 90cm x 75cm x 43cm (35.5in x 29.5in x 16in) — including any bits that stick out, like the handle, pockets and wheels.

You can have on piece of hand luggage but be careful what you pack in it, nothing that can be used as a weapon (scissors, etc) and liquids. I usually take my valuables (money, camera, etc) plus at least one change of clothes (just in case my main luggage goes awol).

The size allowed is 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in) including handles, pockets and wheels not sure of the weight with BA. Personally i take a small rucksack as find it easier to carry when lumping my main luggage around, is also useful on the coach for carrying bits and bobs during the holiday.

Believe ladies are also allowed a small handbag on the flight, maybe Julia or any ladies on th forum can confirm this as i leave mine at home :blush:

Mick

gulliver
(Member)
Unless you upgrade your flight, BA will allow you one suitcase with a maximum weight of 23kg ( Famous last words but I've always found that their actual limit is 32kg. Anything over that and they will charge you. Between 23 and 32 they just put a 'heavy' label on it) As regards hand luggage they seem to work on the logic that if you can put it in the overhead locker by yourself its OK. If you turn up at the airport with an extra bag( full of souveniers) you have to pay extra. If you have more than one extra bag their charges are astronomical. Unless you get someone at check in who is having a bad day I've always found their checking staff OK
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I think the rules are a HANDBAG qualifies as 1 piece of hand luggage..I normally pack the handbag empty for while away and just have a back pack for on the plane.

Cindy

magpie10
(Member)
I always make sure my suitcase is just under 23kg for BA, or less depending on the airline - I check with the airline before packing to make sure I don't go above the limit. It's also worth remembering you have to pack according to the lowest weight limit for the airline you are travelling with, so although I could be flying from Newcastle to Heathrow with BA, I could then be flying onwards with a different airline and their limit may be only 20 kg.

I would never assume BA will let you through up to 32kg -my friend's suitcase on our recent holiday was 26kg and they made her open her suitcase in front of everyone and take stuff out to get the weight down-this was either binned or given to my other friend to put in her bag as her's was under. My friend, understandably, found this quite humiliating so it's always best to be just under if possible.

As well as your checked in suitcase you can take, for example, a small suitcase/rucksack for storage in the overhead locker, plus a handbag onto the flight.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Agree with last few comments. 23 Kg for BA. Always have about 14 kg on way out, pushing 23 kg on way home due to all the goodies. Think about the weather on arrival at both ends, I came back into Birmingham in shorts and T shirt from Benidorm-it was 33 when we left to snow and 4 degrees :P

TSA approved lock does help for the USA. Do not take large shampoo and shower gels, you only bring them back home again as all hotels provide them.

Jan

sjm533
(Member)
'confused' wrote:

Hi

If you go to ba.com and type in baggage allowance in the search box (top right hand corner underneath the magnifying glass) you will get a page giving all the information you need, about weight, sizes, and even some other airlines. Unfortunately the link was far too long to post.

Sylvia

Mick W
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

I think the rules are a HANDBAG qualifies as 1 piece of hand luggage..I normally pack the handbag empty for while away and just have a back pack for on the plane.

Cindy

Cindy,

Believe BA allow one cabin bag and a personal bag (handbag), one of very few airlines that allow this.

info here :-

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/hand-baggage-allowances 

Mick

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick

The comment about your handbag made me laugh, exactly the sort of comment I would expect of you after meeting you in Slovenia.

Expect your group departing in November on America's Heart and Soul trip will have a fantastic holiday.

Regards

Di

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Cindy

Cindy,

Believe BA allow one cabin bag and a personal bag (handbag), one of very few airlines that allow this.

info here :-

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/hand-baggage-allowances 

Mick

Mick

Well there you go thanks for this information, so therefor you and I can both carry a handbag on the plane on our travels LOL!!!!....I think I will stick with the back pack for on the plane as I tend to do long hauls and need a LARGER:D bag for all my bits and bobs..but thank you for posting the link

Cindy:angel:

sjm533
(Member)
'confused' wrote:

Hi

I have just received an email from BA with a link to luggage allowance.

Economy passengers are allowed:-

a handbag or laptop or briefcase (18in 14in x 8in) must fit under seat in front

plus cabin bag 22in x 18in x 10in) must go in overhead locker

Plus

checked in luggage to 23Kg. Couldn't find any measurements for this.

Sylvia

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
I do not think it matters what size bag goes in the hold only that it does not weigh more than 23 kg.

Jan