BarryF
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going to Peru / Amazon Add-on end of August this year this year. Can any previous visitor advise if a "normal" (ie medium sized) Roller-Case would present any problems when travelling around as I am not normally "into" big backpacks, etc. and I don't really want to have to buy something I probably wouldn't use again.

Thanks

Barry

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barry I haven't done this tour but have done other long haul including South Africa/Zambia and the Travelsphere Chile/Argentina/Brazil tour. I'd say you'd be fine unless it stipulates in your documentation that you need a soft hold-all for the Amazon add-on. I've read a few reviews of this amazing sounding holiday over the years and have never heard it mentioned that a soft bag or rucksack are recommended. Perhaps someone who has actually done this tour could comment!

Hope this helps in some way!

Bob

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barry

I went to Peru in 2009 but didn't do the Amazon add-on. I took, and have taken on all subsequent tours, my medium sized suitcase and a day sac( as cabin hand baggage) which I use to carry water, camera and any other bits I need to hand whilst out and about.

I don't know if there is any stipulation regarding luggage for the Amazon part of your tour.

Peter

RioRita
(Member)
'BarryF' wrote:

I am going to Peru / Amazon Add-on end of August this year this year. Can any previous visitor advise if a "normal" (ie medium sized) Roller-Case would present any problems when travelling around as I am not normally "into" big backpacks, etc. and I don't really want to have to buy something I probably wouldn't use again.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Barry

I went to Peru with the Amazon add on last year, it's a fantastic holiday, you will love it. I certainly don't do backpacks, I took my usual hard shell large suitcase and had no problems at all.