martcage
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am doing the magic of kenya on the 8th June. So far I have talked to 3 members of staff and no one seams to be able to help me. All they have said is that we will only be able to get to one of out bags when we get to mombasa, I have read some of your other threads and you say other wise. 2nd they said to take one case and one soft side holdall and one beach bag. Well I have been shopping and there are all different sizes of holdall, could you please tell me in inches what the max size of holdall we can take and if it can have wheels on it, as I have some differcuity with walking sometimes. Also the max size of case that kenyan airlines will except on their fights, I am sorry to say this, but it seams even the staff were confused on this one. Other wise the staff were very helpfull and answered all my other questions.

Thank you

martcage

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Martcage

You will be able to get to your bags once you reach Mombasa. At Nairobi the bags will be transferred onto the connecting flight so you won't see them there.

It doesn't matter what size your holdall is or whether it has wheels - Kenya Airways don't have any rules on this. The important thing is that it should be soft-sided so that you can pack it inside your main suitcase. We ask you to bring a soft-sided holdall because space is limited on the safari part of the holiday. The latest information I have is that you can check in one bag weighing no more than 20 kg.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

martcage
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Olly for your help.

Martcage