Bosuncat
(Member)
And in addition to my last post Mark. I can get a same day as departure train into St Pancras from 5.30am (that's a direct train).
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
In Fact, that times a lot later than i thought so gives me a lot more time to play with!
Bosuncat
(Member)
That's good to know Mark. I think that Julia said that we have to be there a hour before departure for check in.
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
oh fair enough, but still am quite encouraged!
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Julia, roughly when would we get the final confirmation?

Thanks

Mark

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI Mark,

Final documents are sent out to travellers approximately 10 days before you go away and included the details of where you will be staying and your confirmed departure and return times.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I to will be getting a train into London to meet you, so will have to do battle with the commuters, hope there is somewhere to buy a drink !!!!!

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

There are plenty of shops and cafes at St Pancras. I don't use St Pancras often now, but did for a few years. In fact the longest Champagne Bar is at St Pancras though not sure it will be open at the time you arrive - perhaps too early in the morning for Champagne!!

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Never too early for Champagne Jaya :)

Jan

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Cindy

There are plenty of shops and cafes at St Pancras. I don't use St Pancras often now, but did for a few years. In fact the longest Champagne Bar is at St Pancras though not sure it will be open at the time you arrive - perhaps too early in the morning for Champagne!!

Jaya

Jaya

It's never to early for champers!!!!! ( I don't like it if I am honest) more a rum or brandy girl !!!!

Good to know there's cafe and shops ...

When and where is your next trip, are you off to Iceland with Bob and Sally?

Then battlefields later in the year, what else?

Cindy

Rip Van Leech
(Member)
The Lille and Bruges weekend by rail looks a very tight schedule if the two optional excursions are booked. How does the visits to the poignant sites of World War One on the special departure dates fit into this? Does the holiday on the special departure dates follow a different itinerary to the ones on non-special departure dates, other than of course visiting the World War One sites? The reason I ask is I have booked the special departure on 8 May and have received the holiday information pack from JY, which gives details of train times, hotel and general information for France, but there is no mention of the two optional excursions. Are these not available on the special departure date or have JY forgotten to enclose them as they did on my last JY holiday?
Bosuncat
(Member)
I think Jaya is going to Namibia with them?

And no champers for me!! Beer or wine only. :thumbup:

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

So the typical questions... number of people booked, age range, gender ratio ect....

Cheers

Mark

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Rip wrote:

The Lille and Bruges weekend by rail looks a very tight schedule if the two optional excursions are booked. How does the visits to the poignant sites of World War One on the special departure dates fit into this? Does the holiday on the special departure dates follow a different itinerary to the ones on non-special departure dates, other than of course visiting the World War One sites? The reason I ask is I have booked the special departure on 8 May and have received the holiday information pack from JY, which gives details of train times, hotel and general information for France, but there is no mention of the two optional excursions. Are these not available on the special departure date or have JY forgotten to enclose them as they did on my last JY holiday?

Hi Rip Van Leech,

Sorry for the delay, I have spoken with my colleague who has informed that due to the timings on this special departure there are no optional excursions.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI Mark,

And as usual, I'm happy to share all of this with you.....

So there are now 18 travellers booked on this departure with the group being made up of 4 men and 14 women aged from mid(ish)-20s through to late-80s.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
WOW 18 .....more people to meet then!!!!..

I was confused with Rip posting on optional excursions and had no idea there were any, and there are not! I Don't think there's time think in this special tour it's all go..which I like..

So Mark your one of the 4 MEN!!!

Cindy

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Haha, midish! Im 28, my twenties are in the rear view mirror! Thanks for your prompt reply!

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Could you tell us how much the optional excursions are?

Thanks

Mark

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark,

On the special departure, there are no optinal excursions - it's a packed itinerary so you woudn't have time 🙂

Kindest regards,

Julia