Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Cindy

Yes this is going to be a somber trip. I found the visit to Gallipoli in Turkey very moving and am sure that the Battlefields trip too will be moving. One has to do such trips to remind them of all those people who sacrificed themselves so we can live in a 'free' world. Pity human beings have not learnt anything from these wars and can't live in peace. Instead of constructing, all they are doing is destructing.

Jaya

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mark - The system is still saying depart St Pancras at 10:55hrs and return St Pancras 16:05hrs. Like with flights these are always subject to change and confirmed in your final documents.

Jaya - Like the May departure, we'd ideally like around 12 travellers. Given that it is a short break to Europe, I would image that travellers would book closer to the departure date and there are still a number of months to go.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
I think I am going to have to run on those times Julia. I need to take advantage of cheaper seats for the trains if possible.
Bosuncat
(Member)
Dare I ask again if we have a TM appointed for 8th May Julia?

:D

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ask away Bosuncat - this time I can say a big fat YES!!!! 🙂

The TM provisionally allocated to this tour is Joyce Quarrie.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

I have booked a 5 am departure from Fareham arriving at 7.20 at London Victoria with National Express. This gives me plenty of time to get to St Pancras and have breakfast too :P

Jan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

Here's hoping that we do get minimum 12 for the September trip otherwise I am going to be very disappointed! On the other hand I do believe a bit in fate and I am sure that if I am meant to go then there will be enough people. If not, then it means that I was not meant to go this time.

Jaya

nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Julia

Here's hoping that we do get minimum 12 for the September trip otherwise I am going to be very disappointed! On the other hand I do believe a bit in fate and I am sure that if I am meant to go then there will be enough people. If not, then it means that I was not meant to go this time.

Jaya

Jaya

A great way to think I hope you do get to go in September...

Cindy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jaya,

I do hope you go in September. One of the Arabic words I learnt in Jordan was Inshallah- God willing. Let us hope that you are granted this trip :heart:

Jan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you Cindy and Janib. I will remain positive and am sure that I will go on this trip.

Jan - Inshallah is used in most Muslim countries so quite handy to know!

Regards

Jaya

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Just before i book the tickets can i ask, what are the eurostar departure and return times?

Mark

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark,

Provisional timings are depart St Pancras 10:55hrs, arrive St Pancras 16:05hrs.

As always I have to stress that these are provisional timings and would be confirmed in your final documents.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks for asking Mark. :thumbup:

Julia am I presuming that we have to be at St Pancras a hour before departure? Just asking because of booking my train tickets.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

At least an hour - that will give you time to get through the check-in process, pick up a magazine (if you wish) and take a stroll up to the platform.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

At least an hour - that will give you time to get through the check-in process, pick up a magazine (if you wish) and take a stroll up to the platform.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia.