Bosuncat
(Member)
I haven't travelled by Eurostar before either so it's a new experience for me too. :thumbup: I hope that the September date works out for you Jaya. I look forward to meeting you Jan.

Julia may I ask a question about Eurostar please? Will JY have a block booking of seats together on the train or will we all receive our own "tickets" when the final information comes through?

I'm lucky that East Midlands Trains come straight into St Pancras and we have a pretty regular service during the week day but I am still wondering about booking an overnight hotel. I was wondering whether anyone on the forum has done this before.

Also is food/drink on Eurostar very expensive?

Thanks as always.

:thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

We make a group booking on Eurostar but I understand that individual tickets will be included in your final documents.

Food on board is supplied by Waitrose. It’s not especially expensive, albeit not the price of a supermarket - more in line with a service station pricing. If you have upgraded to Standard Premier class, included in the price is a small meal each way, as well as drink (includes alcohol), plus of course, larger reclining seats.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Bosuncat

I have booked a Premium seat as I have travelled this way once before. Thought I would pay the extra as it is the only time I get an upgrade :)

Jan

nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am in the cheap seats !!!!

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
Don't blame you for doing it Janib! If I am travelling down on the train the morning of departure I shall probably book first class. :thumbup:

And yes Cindy. I shall be in the cheap seats!! 😛

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

I shall give the regal wave to the cheap seats as I walk by :P

Jan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

I do hope that more people book for September as I will be very disappointed if the trip does not go ahead. I can't to May as am going to Namibia.

Julia - what is the maximum number you need for the trip to go ahead?

Regards

Jaya

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya,

The team have just been crunching the numbers on this and I have been informed that ideally we'd need around 12-15 travellers for this trip to be given the green light. You are now up to 5 and as it is a short break we find that travellers book this type of holiday closer to departure.

Hope this helps,

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Julia

Does this mean the 8th May is all systems GO!!!!!!!!!

Jan...OH Please do give a regal wave, and I hope that us in the cheap seats wont be a dissapointment to you !!! when we meet at the other end!!!

Cindy

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy,

It hasn't been given the green light on the system yet - but as they were number crunching yesterday and given the numbers it should be very soon.

Kindest regards

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Fingers crossed as it looks as though this is the only holiday/'break that I will be doing this year.
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bosuncat, have you booked a hotel yet for the night before?

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
I got the all clear form the uni, so am defo on this tour haha!
nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
MARK

OH MY we finally get to meet up!!!! Elaine, Jan, me Mark and a lady I know called MAUREEN so that's 5 ...

Good times ahead amongst the sorrow.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
I haven't booked a hotel yet Mark. I can get trains down on the same day but it's a bit risky. Were you thinking of overnighting? There is a Premier Inn and Holiday Inn close. Great news that you can get the time off!!

:thumbup:

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat, there are trains running at that time????? Ill have to check it out!

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Julia, What time does the train leave in the morning?

Mark

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark,

From St Pancras International it is listed as 10:55hrs.

As usual, I must stress that this is provisional and rail timings would be confirmed in your final documents.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
There are from Nottingham Mark. The line goes straight through to St Pancras from Notts and I think the first one out is 5.55am. I would need to double check on that and get back to you.