srileyfridge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi have just joined the forum and have also booked my 1st holiday with Just You.  Am going on the Magical Mallorca trip on 3/10 17 flying from Leeds Bradford.....is there anyone else on here going?

Thanks xx 🙂 🙂

Moderator2
(Member)
Good morning Srileyfridge,

Welcome to the Just You Community!

I am happy to tell you that there are 29 travellers on this flight and the group is made up of 6 men and 23 women. The age ranges from mid-50s to mid-80s.

There are 2 travellers booked to fly from Leeds Bradford Airport.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Kind regards,

Mildred

daveJB
(Member)
Hi srileyfridge,

I will be on this holiday, departing from London City Airport, I came here the same week last year but stayed at the opposite end of the Island. The weather was warm and sunny, I believe it rained on one or two days but on the whole it was excellent. Within an hour of checking in I was in the sea.

I enjoyed the tours especially the Sollar train ride.

Dave.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

I am happy to tell you that there are 29 travellers on this flight and the group is made up of 6 men and 23 women. The age ranges from mid-50s to mid-80s.

Kind regards,

Mildred

Mildred, I am on same holiday but going on 19/9, can you please tell me ratio of men to women please, thanks Sue

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Sue,

For your departure date, I can tell you that it is also fully booked with 30 travellers and the group is made up of 6 men and 24 women. The age ranges from early-50s to mid-80s.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'I wrote:

Good Afternoon Sue,

For your departure date, I can tell you that it is also fully booked with 30 travellers and the group is made up of 6 men and 24 women. The age ranges from early-50s to mid-80s.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Mildred, many thanks, Sue

srileyfridge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Kind regards,

Mildred

Thank you will look out for them at Leeds Bradford   :shy:

srileyfridge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'daveJB' wrote:

Hi srileyfridge,

I will be on this holiday, departing from London City Airport, I came here the same week last year but stayed at the opposite end of the Island. The weather was warm and sunny, I believe it rained on one or two days but on the whole it was excellent. Within an hour of checking in I was in the sea.

I enjoyed the tours especially the Sollar train ride.

Dave.

Ooh that's good to know was last min decision to book so hoping for some warm weather! Not been before so all new for me  😛   Pleased there are 2 more people going from Leeds Bradford too.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning,

Just to clarify, there are 2 travellers booked to fly from Leeds Bradford Airport and you are one of the travellers.

Apologies for the confusion.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

srileyfridge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning,

Just to clarify, there are 2 travellers booked to fly from Leeds Bradford Airport and you are one of the travellers.

Apologies for the confusion.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

thats ok 1 other better than 0  lol xx

srileyfridge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi again,  do we get a list of people going on the same trip before we travel?
Moderator2
(Member)
Hello Srileyfridge,

Exactly right! You will not be flying alone.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Moderator2
(Member)
'srileyfridge' wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I can tell you the amount and male/female ratio of people booked on your tour if this helps?

Kind Regards,

Mildred

srileyfridge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'srileyfridge' wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I can tell you the amount and male/female ratio of people booked on your tour if this helps?

Kind Regards,

Mildred

AH ok, on another trip for solo travellers we had a list of people and where they were from which was a lovely idea and quite interesting info to have before we all met.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'srileyfridge' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

'srileyfridge' wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Mildred

AH ok, on another trip for solo travellers we had a list of people and where they were from which was a lovely idea and quite interesting info to have before we all met.

Srileyfridge, I think I know which company you are referring to, as I went on a holiday with them too this year and they had a list for travellers, what a great idea that is, sue

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi this topic has been discussed a few times before on the forum and the vast majority of comments were against it - many people are very protective of their privacy and do not necessarily want others in the group to know where they live etc.  A sheet is often passed around so people can put their email addresses on it, to keep in contact afterwards, but usually a couple of people in every group do not put their names down or even put a wrong email address on purpose!  Different strokes for different folks I suppose...

Best wishes,

Bob

sjm533
(Member)
Hi Srileyfridge and Suer,

I have been with that company as well JY have not sent lists out since I last travelled with them a couple of years ago.

Sylvia

SarahS
(Member)
I have travelled with the company in question. The first time my daughter, who is a high ranking police officer, saw the list of names, she questioned both data security law, and security. I have like many others  have an unusual name, so it would be very easy to trace my home as being unoccupied from the list, especially as I live in what could be described as a "posh" area.  I am happy to share my first name with fellow travellers  once a tour has started.  Where I live and my family name is quite immaterial. No other company publishes a list of travellers: I feel it is quite unnecessary and have fed this back to the company in question. On subsequent tour with them I have always requested that my place of residence is left blank.
srileyfridge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rose1999' wrote:

I agree with SarahS, I too have an unusual surname and if the area I live in was given out then it would be easy for anyone to know my home was empty for a week or two. I know in theory it would only be passed to fellow travellers and they would be trustworthy, but it's so easy to leave something lying about for anyone to see.

It sounds a nice idea but in the wrong hands it could go wrong. Better to get to know one another on the trip and then each traveller can give out as much or little information as they see fit.

I'd have no objections to my name being included on a list of first names and the airport we were travelling from though, I think that would be safe and may make some nervous first time travellers feel a little happier.

They did only give 1st name and 2nd name initial and town/ area where from, don't think you could be traced from that could you? so really no confidential info.  Can sort of see where you're coming from though.

sjm533
(Member)
BGrayHi this topic has been discussed a few times before on the forum and the vast majority of comments were against it - many people are very protective of their privacy and do not necessarily want others in the group to know where they live etc.  A sheet is often passed around so people can put their email addresses on it, to keep in contact afterwards, but usually a couple of people in every group do not put their names down or even put a wrong email address on purpose!  Different strokes for different folks I suppose...

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

The list doesn't give much away - only title (sometimes), first name, initial of surname and nearest town. Does help with remembering names though.

sylvia