Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Phyllis' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

Hi I am thinking about booking this trip was just wondering do you have to decide before you go or can you decide when there about the optional excursions?

To be honest Phyllis I have never booked optional excursions with JY until I actually get to the hotel. I will say that the caves are well worth a visit.

Are you thinking on booking the 3rd May trip? If so it would be lovely to meet you:thumbup: In any case Slovenia is a beautiful part of the world and well worth a visit.

[/

Apologies I missed both yours and micks reply earlier still finding my way around here, yes I'm thinking of the 3rd of may trip I've never been to Slovenia so would love to go, just trying to work out whether to fly to heathrow the day before or do a 5 1/2 hour drive I've never flew from heathrow before... If I get booked I will take plenty euros for excursions if I don't use them it's a good excuse for another holiday later in year ;)

Phyllis,

If you book the holiday and drive down the day before you can get a good hotel/park deal. I'm at the Park Inn (4 star) and its cost £62 for the friday night and a weeks parking, thats if your a member of the AA without membeership £69. Thats around the same price as parking only so a easy decision.

If you are thinking about it I'll give you the booking information as you have to take the undercover hotel option to get that price, you don't know the name but you can work it out with the info given on the site.

Bosuncat is staying at a hotel close by so be good to meet up night before for a meal, good pub opposite the hotel called the Three Magpies, decent food and better than hotel prices.

I live in Yorkshire but will be coming from Hampshire on the day as visiting friends.

Mick

Mick that would be great if you could give me booking info even at £69 as im not an aa member that's great for hotel and parking, I've spent hours looking at holidays but I keep coming back to Slovenia as its somewhere different so I think it's time I got it booked!

A Meal the night before sounds like a good start to holiday!

Phyllis

I shall probably be staying at the HI on the corner of Bath Road (just across from where Mick is staying), Phyllis. I don't need to think about parking as I don't drive. It's currently showing £57 for the night so will probably be booking today or tomorrow. I know the pub from a previous visit so it would be good to meet up.

Phyllis
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

Hi I am thinking about booking this trip was just wondering do you have to decide before you go or can you decide when there about the optional excursions?

To be honest Phyllis I have never booked optional excursions with JY until I actually get to the hotel. I will say that the caves are well worth a visit.

Are you thinking on booking the 3rd May trip? If so it would be lovely to meet you:thumbup: In any case Slovenia is a beautiful part of the world and well worth a visit.

[/

Apologies I missed both yours and micks reply earlier still finding my way around here, yes I'm thinking of the 3rd of may trip I've never been to Slovenia so would love to go, just trying to work out whether to fly to heathrow the day before or do a 5 1/2 hour drive I've never flew from heathrow before... If I get booked I will take plenty euros for excursions if I don't use them it's a good excuse for another holiday later in year ;)

Phyllis,

If you book the holiday and drive down the day before you can get a good hotel/park deal. I'm at the Park Inn (4 star) and its cost £62 for the friday night and a weeks parking, thats if your a member of the AA without membeership £69. Thats around the same price as parking only so a easy decision.

If you are thinking about it I'll give you the booking information as you have to take the undercover hotel option to get that price, you don't know the name but you can work it out with the info given on the site.

Bosuncat is staying at a hotel close by so be good to meet up night before for a meal, good pub opposite the hotel called the Three Magpies, decent food and better than hotel prices.

I live in Yorkshire but will be coming from Hampshire on the day as visiting friends.

Mick

Mick that would be great if you could give me booking info even at £69 as im not an aa member that's great for hotel and parking, I've spent hours looking at holidays but I keep coming back to Slovenia as its somewhere different so I think it's time I got it booked!

A Meal the night before sounds like a good start to holiday!

Phyllis

I shall probably be staying at the HI on the corner of Bath Road (just across from where Mick is staying), Phyllis. I don't need to think about parking as I don't drive. It's currently showing £57 for the night so will probably be booking today or tomorrow. I know the pub from a previous visit so it would be good to meet up.

Does anyone know if there is enough people booked on this tour yet for it to definitely go ahead? I've found hotel and parking ok but I'm a little bit bothered about booking if tour doesn't happen due to lack of numbers, if it was cancelled I wouldnt use hotel or parking, as if the destination wasn't Slovenia I'd book something with airport closer to Scotland

Asti
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've just booked this trip and JY say there are now 6 of us! I'll be flying down from Aberdeen on the 2nd.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Asti' wrote:

I've just booked this trip and JY say there are now 6 of us! I'll be flying down from Aberdeen on the 2nd.

Asti,

Where are you staying on the 2nd, I'm at the Park Inn and Bosuncat is at the Holiday Inn, believe Phylis is also planning to stay over at Heathrow.

We are hoping to meet up the night before for a meal at the Three Magpies Pub, hope you'll be able to join us.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
That's far better news!!

Phyllis I have bought up the question on a thread on Ask Your Editor. :)

Hi Asti. :thumbup:

Phyllis
(Member)
'Asti' wrote:

Will now be 7 as I have just booked...looks like there will be a few of us there on the 2nd :thumbup:

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Phyllis' wrote:

'Asti' wrote:

Will now be 7 as I have just booked...looks like there will be a few of us there on the 2nd :thumbup:

Phyllis,

Did you manage to get the £62 hotel & parking deal at the Park Inn ok ?

Phyllis
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

That's far better news!!

Phyllis I have bought up the question on a thread on Ask Your Editor. :)

Hi Asti. :thumbup:

Hi yes thank you for asking that question hopefully there will be more bookings, I decided to take a chance and book the trip as then there would be at least one more to count as booked!

Slovenia is my 1st choice but if it doesn't go ahead I will probably try for a Spain or Italy trip that flies from Manchester.

Asti
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi folks.

Mick - I'm booked into the Sheraton through JY. Not sure if that's anywhere near your hotels.

Re numbers, when I booked, JY said they needed 12 people before they confirm it goes ahead, so hopefully 5 more will book!

Phyllis
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

'Asti' wrote:

Phyllis,

I found the deal no problem thanks to your tips on what to look for, haven't booked it yet as waiting for confirmation that tour gng ahead as soon as I know I will get it booked

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Phyllis' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

'Asti' wrote:

Phyllis,

I found the deal no problem thanks to your tips on what to look for, haven't booked it yet as waiting for confirmation that tour gng ahead as soon as I know I will get it booked

Thats great, hopefully the deal will still be there ts a very good price :thumbup:

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Asti' wrote:

Hi folks.

Mick - I'm booked into the Sheraton through JY. Not sure if that's anywhere near your hotels.

Re numbers, when I booked, JY said they needed 12 people before they confirm it goes ahead, so hopefully 5 more will book!

Always reckon Jan & Feb are the months that most people book there hols so I'm very optimistic it'll go ahead if we only need twelve. I'll stick my neck out and say we'll end up with over 20.

There are two Sheratons is it just Sheraton or the Sheraton Skyline, which is it ?

I've stayed at the Skyline and you could easily get to the Pub we are planning to eat at its on the same road and no more than a 10 minute walk or two stops on the freeflow bus.

If its the other one its still on the same road but over a mile the other way but still in the freeflow bus zone, can easily check if you are interested. The buses are useful for getting to and from terminals rather than paying for the Hoppa.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Good to know that you have booked! :thumbup:

I'm not booking the HI until I know for sure that this is on. A bit more optimistic that we only need 12 for it to go ahead.

What's the steak like at the Magpies Mick? 😛

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Good to know that you have booked! :thumbup:

I'm not booking the HI until I know for sure that this is on. A bit more optimistic that we only need 12 for it to go ahead.

What's the steak like at the Magpies Mick? :P

Don't know I usually go for the Mixed Grill, remember holiday calories don't count :thumbup:

Asti
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Mick. I'm at the Sheraton, as it seemed to be close to Terminal 5 where the Aberdeen flight lands. Didn't know about the freeflow bus zone,so I'll have to look into that. Don't know yet what Aberdeen flight I'm on - I've asked for a late flight, so just realised I probably won't be able to meet you guys for a meal. Once I get the flight confirmation, I'll let you know. Appreciate your help.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Asti,

Shame you cant meet up but will look forward to meeting you at the airport on the 3rd.

You can access the freeflow bus maps here :-

http://www.cuinheathrow.com/Maps 

Think its a No 350 bus you require from bus stop 3 at term 5.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
We shall be the Slovenia 7!! :thumbup:
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

We shall be the Slovenia 7!! :thumbup:

Now I feel like Charles Bronson (Dirty Dozen & Magnificent 7) as I'm the only person in the Minneapolis 17 and Slovenia 7.

Phyllis
(Member)
Lol @ the Slovenia 7 and Charles Bronson!

My jy brochure arrived today there is now not a lot of housework getting done and my to go to list is starting to read like a shopping list! 🙂

jthinch
(Member)
Hi folks

I've just booked this trip so there are now 8 of us at the moment. I'll be flying down from Manchester on the Friday as I'll be working until 2pm. It will be my 8th holiday with Just You but first time departure from Heathrow.

James