Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'gailtravels' wrote:

Not sure why Mick and Bosuncat decided to book May as I prefer to go in June with a little more guarantee of the weather especially going up mountains and looking at waterfalls. I am sure lots of people will book this holiday as it is a new one and a beautiful place, from my experience of booking Just You holidays people tend to wait until after Christmas to book holidays.

Gail (L),

Well to answer that one from my point of view I'm planning something else independantly in June so early May was a good option.

Always wanted to go to the Chicago Blues festival which is in middle of June so am looking for flight/hotel deals.

Not sure yet whether I'll just do Chicago 8 to 10 nights or double up with another city while over there.

Mick

gailtravels
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'gailtravels' wrote:

Not sure why Mick and Bosuncat decided to book May as I prefer to go in June with a little more guarantee of the weather especially going up mountains and looking at waterfalls. I am sure lots of people will book this holiday as it is a new one and a beautiful place, from my experience of booking Just You holidays people tend to wait until after Christmas to book holidays.

Gail (L),

Well to answer that one from my point of view I'm planning something else independantly in June so early May was a good option.

Always wanted to go to the Chicago Blues festival which is in middle of June so am looking for flight/hotel deals.

Not sure yet whether I'll just do Chicago 8 to 10 nights or double up with another city while over there.

Mick

I know Chicago is great that's on my 'to do' list and I think I would add Washington to that to make a two centre holiday.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'gailtravels' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'gailtravels' wrote:

Gail (L),

Mick

I know Chicago is great that's on my 'to do' list and I think I would add Washington to that to make a two centre holiday.

Well thats a good call with Washington, its one of the few American Cities I've yet to visit (and want to), you have me thinking now. Reckon I'll be pricing up that option :thumbup:

Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
And for me Gail it means that I will be in Slovenia for my 60th! :thumbup:
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
You never know with the weather. Unfortunately nowadays it is not guaranteed no matter which month you decide to travel. You can have lovely warm weather in May and horrible weather in June!

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

You never know with the weather. Unfortunately nowadays it is not guaranteed no matter which month you decide to travel. You can have lovely warm weather in May and horrible weather in June!

Jaya

Very true. I have had 2 previous holidays in May in Slovenia and the weather the second time was certainly better than the first!

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Jaya

Jaya,

Are you joining us on this trip ?

Phyllis
(Member)
Hi I am thinking about booking this trip was just wondering do you have to decide before you go or can you decide when there about the optional excursions?
Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Phyllis' wrote:

Hi I am thinking about booking this trip was just wondering do you have to decide before you go or can you decide when there about the optional excursions?

To be honest Phyllis I have never booked optional excursions with JY until I actually get to the hotel. I will say that the caves are well worth a visit.

Are you thinking on booking the 3rd May trip? If so it would be lovely to meet you:thumbup: In any case Slovenia is a beautiful part of the world and well worth a visit.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Phyllis,

It usually tells you when you are sent the paperwork if it needs booking in advance, usually most things are often bookable with the tour manager while there. Saying that they may need paying in Euros so need to take enough, I usually do the option of paying before I go.

Look forward to meeting you if you decide to go for it.

Mick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Phyllis' wrote:

Phyllis hello:thumbup:

usually you pay for your excursions while your away or in some cases you pay this end so once it's done you don't have to worry about things, it's totally up to you if you like the look of an optional tour then from my last experience I would say do it.

Personally I tend to book them when I am away, as usually the tour manager can give you more information and the tour manage quite often has other things on offer.:cool:

Looks like a very good tour. good luck.

Cindy:angel:

Phyllis
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

Phyllis hello:thumbup:

usually you pay for your excursions while your away or in some cases you pay this end so once it's done you don't have to worry about things, it's totally up to you if you like the look of an optional tour then from my last experience I would say do it.

Personally I tend to book them when I am away, as usually the tour manager can give you more information and the tour manage quite often has other things on offer.:cool:

Looks like a very good tour. good luck.

Cindy:angel:

Thank you I'm new to jy and still trying to find my way around and find out how things work, there seems to be lots of great tours I keep seeing so many I would like to try... wish I had found jy years ago 🙂

Phyllis
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

To be honest Phyllis I have never booked optional excursions with JY until I actually get to the hotel. I will say that the caves are well worth a visit.

Are you thinking on booking the 3rd May trip? If so it would be lovely to meet you:thumbup: In any case Slovenia is a beautiful part of the world and well worth a visit.

[/

Apologies I missed both yours and micks reply earlier still finding my way around here, yes I'm thinking of the 3rd of may trip I've never been to Slovenia so would love to go, just trying to work out whether to fly to heathrow the day before or do a 5 1/2 hour drive I've never flew from heathrow before... If I get booked I will take plenty euros for excursions if I don't use them it's a good excuse for another holiday later in year 😉

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Phyllis' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

[/

Apologies I missed both yours and micks reply earlier still finding my way around here, yes I'm thinking of the 3rd of may trip I've never been to Slovenia so would love to go, just trying to work out whether to fly to heathrow the day before or do a 5 1/2 hour drive I've never flew from heathrow before... If I get booked I will take plenty euros for excursions if I don't use them it's a good excuse for another holiday later in year ;)

Phyllis,

If you book the holiday and drive down the day before you can get a good hotel/park deal. I'm at the Park Inn (4 star) and its cost £62 for the friday night and a weeks parking, thats if your a member of the AA without membeership £69. Thats around the same price as parking only so a easy decision.

If you are thinking about it I'll give you the booking information as you have to take the undercover hotel option to get that price, you don't know the name but you can work it out with the info given on the site.

Bosuncat is staying at a hotel close by so be good to meet up night before for a meal, good pub opposite the hotel called the Three Magpies, decent food and better than hotel prices.

I live in Yorkshire but will be coming from Hampshire on the day as visiting friends.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Phyllis' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

[/

Apologies I missed both yours and micks reply earlier still finding my way around here, yes I'm thinking of the 3rd of may trip I've never been to Slovenia so would love to go, just trying to work out whether to fly to heathrow the day before or do a 5 1/2 hour drive I've never flew from heathrow before... If I get booked I will take plenty euros for excursions if I don't use them it's a good excuse for another holiday later in year ;)

I was last in that part of the world in the spring of 1991 when it was still Yugoslavia. It is a lovely place and I am looking forward to seeing the mountains again.

Both Mick and I are staying overnight at Heathrow. He has already booked his hotel I think but I still have to do mine. I have flown from Heathrow quite a bit but usually Terminal 4 when I go to the States. I havn't flown from Terminal 5 before.

Phyllis
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

[/

Phyllis,

If you book the holiday and drive down the day before you can get a good hotel/park deal. I'm at the Park Inn (4 star) and its cost £62 for the friday night and a weeks parking, thats if your a member of the AA without membeership £69. Thats around the same price as parking only so a easy decision.

If you are thinking about it I'll give you the booking information as you have to take the undercover hotel option to get that price, you don't know the name but you can work it out with the info given on the site.

Bosuncat is staying at a hotel close by so be good to meet up night before for a meal, good pub opposite the hotel called the Three Magpies, decent food and better than hotel prices.

I live in Yorkshire but will be coming from Hampshire on the day as visiting friends.

Mick

Mick that would be great if you could give me booking info even at £69 as im not an aa member that's great for hotel and parking, I've spent hours looking at holidays but I keep coming back to Slovenia as its somewhere different so I think it's time I got it booked!

A Meal the night before sounds like a good start to holiday!

Phyllis

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
so jealous. Cant believe for the first time i have the money but no time off! Grrr
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

so jealous. Cant believe for the first time i have the money but no time off! Grrr

Mark,

Shame would be good to meet you.

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Phyllis' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Phyllis' wrote:

[/

Phyllis,

Mick

Mick that would be great if you could give me booking info even at £69 as im not an aa member that's great for hotel and parking, I've spent hours looking at holidays but I keep coming back to Slovenia as its somewhere different so I think it's time I got it booked!

A Meal the night before sounds like a good start to holiday!

Phyllis

Phyllis

Just checked and you can get the hotel/park deal for £62-10 if you go to holiday extras through voucher codes and take the 4 star mystery hotel. It will be the Park Inn if you read the questions in the more info you'll see the hoppa buses H4 & H54 stop there and also the restaurant is called Bravo Bravo, think Hol extras are been careless lol.

http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/? 

2 Type in Holiday Extras and click search

3. At the 4th deal down say Airport hotels and 8 days parking from £39, click this option.

4. Fill in the details Heathrow, date (remeber its 2nd may you want hotel), etc don't put anything in terminal no to display all hotels.

5. One will say undercover 4 star hotel £62-10 with discount choose this one. Its the park inn if you chck the more info you'll see the facrs i mentioned earlier.

6. Be careful they automatically try sell you Hoppa Bus tickets and you wont need them, need to remove the small tick against it, we can get the free service bus opposite the hotel.

The Three Magpies is also opposite and great for meals night before.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Just SO annoyed that you can't get the time off for the May date Mark.:-/