Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Bosuncat,

Have just booked my heathrow hotel, got Park Inn 4 star night before plus parking for the full week for £62, can often cost more than that parking only.

Stayed there before its very handy for bus stop to catch one of the free service buses to the terminal instead of paying for the hoppa bus. Also just across the road from the Three Magpies pub for evening meal, usually good and decent price in there.

Mick

I've just checked and it would be £60 a night for me, don't need the parking as I would be coming down on the bus. I think I shall book. That's pretty reasonable by Heathrow standards.

Bosuncat,

Well if you get that one great its really handy but any of the hotels along Bath road are good because plenty of buses.

Don't book the Hoppa as I say the service bus is free to and from the terminals (including term 5).

Where does the national express bus arrive ?

Is it the central bus station near terms 1,2 & 3 or is it term 5. Can tell you which bus to get to the hotel if its either of them (and which bus stop).

Will prob be down south visiting friends the day we go before going to hotel or would have been able to give you lift own, but you welcome to one back if you can arrange transport from somewhere near the M1.

Mick

I checked up on the Holiday Inn on Bath Road/Sipson Way and I may end up going with that because I am in their Rewards Club through having to use them so much when I go to Michigan.

National Express would be into Terminal 5 drop off and thank you for the other. Most generous!! :thumbup:

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Bosuncat,

Have just booked my heathrow hotel, got Park Inn 4 star night before plus parking for the full week for £62, can often cost more than that parking only.

Stayed there before its very handy for bus stop to catch one of the free service buses to the terminal instead of paying for the hoppa bus. Also just across the road from the Three Magpies pub for evening meal, usually good and decent price in there.

Mick

I've just checked and it would be £60 a night for me, don't need the parking as I would be coming down on the bus. I think I shall book. That's pretty reasonable by Heathrow standards.

Bosuncat,

Well if you get that one great its really handy but any of the hotels along Bath road are good because plenty of buses.

Don't book the Hoppa as I say the service bus is free to and from the terminals (including term 5).

Is it the central bus station near terms 1,2 & 3 or is it term 5. Can tell you which bus to get to the hotel if its either of them (and which bus stop).

Will prob be down south visiting friends the day we go before going to hotel or would have been able to give you lift own, but you welcome to one back if you can arrange transport from somewhere near the M1.

Mick

I checked up on the Holiday Inn on Bath Road/Sipson Way and I may end up going with that because I am in their Rewards Club through having to use them so much when I go to Michigan.

National Express would be into Terminal 5 drop off and thank you for the other. Most generous!! :thumbup:

Bosuncat.

Holiday Inn is good its only about 300 metres from the Park Inn and Three Magpies (other side of road) so ideal for meeting.

When you arrive at terminal 5 you need to get on a number 423 bus, think it goes from bus stop number 3 right outside the terminal. Runs between term 5 and hounslow so cant get it in wrong direction, takes about 10 minutes to your hotel (my hotel would be next stop after yours). They are about every half hour on Sundays and are free so just jump on you can search the timetable online (423 bus).

We would get same bus in other direction on monday morning to get to the airport (assuming terminal 5).

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Bosuncat,

Mick

Bosuncat,

Mick

Bosuncat.

Holiday Inn is good its only about 300 metres from the Park Inn and Three Magpies (other side of road) so ideal for meeting.

When you arrive at terminal 5 you need to get on a number 423 bus, think it goes from bus stop number 3 right outside the terminal. Runs between term 5 and hounslow so cant get it in wrong direction, takes about 10 minutes to your hotel (my hotel would be next stop after yours). They are about every half hour on Sundays and are free so just jump on you can search the timetable online (423 bus).

We would get same bus in other direction on monday morning to get to the airport (assuming terminal 5).

Mick

Saturday morning for the airport. :thumbup: Thanks for all the info. I haven't used Heathrow a lot apart from Terminal 4 for going to the States.

gailtravels
(Member)
Thanks Bosuncat for putting the waterfall link up, there are many beautiful things to see in Bled I am not sure the itinerary is all that good on the Just You trip unusual for Just You, but if I decide to go at the same time we can venture and do all the lovely things on offer, I know there is a cable car there too. I am sure there will be other people on the trip who will want to go and see more of the area.
gailtravels
(Member)
Thanks Bosuncat for putting the waterfall link up, there are many beautiful things to see in Bled I am not sure the itinerary is all that good on the Just You trip unusual for Just You, but if I decide to go at the same time we can venture and do all the lovely things on offer, I know there is a cable car there too. I am sure there will be other people on the trip who will want to go and see more of the area.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Bosuncat,

Mick

Bosuncat.

Mick

Saturday morning for the airport. :thumbup: Thanks for all the info. I haven't used Heathrow a lot apart from Terminal 4 for going to the States.

Think I lost a weekend there, lol. Hotel Friday & airport saturday must remember that, lol.

Was mixing days with my American trip later in the year which flys on a Monday.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Bless.:)

Yes it would be nice to do a bit of independent wandering round. For example I want to spend more time in Piran than is on the schedule.

I would have liked to have gone up to Kransjka Gora for old times sakes but it is a bit of a hike on the bus I think and can't see being able to make it without missing Bohinji which is nice.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'gailtravels' wrote:

Interesting public transport link here from Bled and it is in English

http://www.ap-ljubljana.si/eng/vozni_eng.php?uIfr=1 

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well ladies looks like we going to have a bit of an adventure on this trip exploring the area, will look forward to it.
gailtravels
(Member)
Don't get too excited Mick I haven't booked yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::rolleyes:
Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

Well ladies looks like we going to have a bit of an adventure on this trip exploring the area, will look forward to it.

:thumbup:

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'gailtravels' wrote:

Don't get too excited Mick I haven't booked yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::rolleyes:

Be great if you do, thats would be at least 3 of us up for some exploring and i'm sure there will be more.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
have just checked this date and all may departures are gone now, so i assume fully booked! Looks like apopular tour!

Mark

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Looks like there may have been a technical glitch - all dates are now back online.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hoping there is more than Mick and I booked by now!
Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
As a matter of interest Julia. Are there anymore bookings for 3rd May departure? What is the minimum number for the trip to go ahead?

I know that Mick has already booked his overnight hotel at Heathrow but to be honest I am reluctant to do so unless I know it is definitely going ahead. 😕

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

At the moment there is still you and Mick however I have just spoken to a colleague upstairs about this trip. She has mentioned that as a new tour it is still far to early for this trip to be booked up so please don't fret just yet. We have been operating something similar on Travelsphere which has gone down well (hence it now being offered to Just You). I would ask again in a month or so once the January brochure has been sent out, Christmas is out of the way and people are starting to think more about getting away ion 2014.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

As a matter of interest Julia. Are there anymore bookings for 3rd May departure? What is the minimum number for the trip to go ahead?

I know that Mick has already booked his overnight hotel at Heathrow but to be honest I am reluctant to do so unless I know it is definitely going ahead. :-/

Bosuncat,

I agree with what Julia says and expect a lot of people book after christmas.

I'm not worried about my hotel/car park booking, would probably still use it if the holiday was cancelled, just would book somewhere else that week. Lots of places i want to visit and got a few Avios points i can use for a flight. Saying that I'm ptimistic the holiday will go ahead.

Mick

gailtravels
(Member)
Not sure why Mick and Bosuncat decided to book May as I prefer to go in June with a little more guarantee of the weather especially going up mountains and looking at waterfalls. I am sure lots of people will book this holiday as it is a new one and a beautiful place, from my experience of booking Just You holidays people tend to wait until after Christmas to book holidays.
Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the info Julia. 🙂