helen143
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hello everyone.

Need your help please. I am 52 and like most of you this will be my first holiday alone. I really would like to do the wonders of China, but I wonder if this is not too far to go for my first trip, would something closer to home (Jordan, the Med etc) be more advisable. Thank you.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Helen

I am also 52, my first tour was an action packed USA tour. I would say GO FOR IT. China is a very popular tour so I would think there would be many people and this is also action packed I believe. I hope you have fun.

Cindy

Joy8532
(Member)
Hello,

I definitely think it's not too far to go for your first holiday alone. You wont be alone anyway, your fellow travellers will be right there with you. I'm doing the Wonders of China in April and although it wont be my first holiday alone I've never been anywhere quite so exotic nor have I travelled with Just You before. Go for it, by all accounts it will be wonderful. Maybe see you there.

Kind regards, Joy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen,

If you fancy the holiday just go for it at 52 you are at a great age to enjoy a JY trip. I pondered the same question last year but eventually decided to do Americas Golden west in June. Loved it and on return booked another JY holiday in november.

I've already two booked this year (April and June) my only regret isn't finding JY years ago.

From my experience you'll find a good mix of people (a few first timers and a few JY veterans) and everyone will be there for a good holiday. Expect the majority of people to be in the 50's & 60's age groups but there will be youger and older. Both trips I've done ages have ranged from 20's to 70's with more ladies than gents.

Mick (also 52)

Nickf
  • (Member)
(Member)
'helen143' wrote:

Hello everyone.

Need your help please. I am 52 and like most of you this will be my first holiday alone. I really would like to do the wonders of China, but I wonder if this is not too far to go for my first trip, would something closer to home (Jordan, the Med etc) be more advisable. Thank you.

Hiya Helen

I am going on my first JY holiday in September, The Wonders of China, nervous but looking forward to it, read great comments & can't wait.

I am 54, just book it & enjoy.

Nick

Daniel
  • (Member)
(Member)
As a Just You Tour manager its a great tour to select as a start (honestly) many people are introduced to the company in China. I would estimate that over half the group on any China tour are first timers so it willl be a voyage of discovery all round. You will have a pass for the business lounge at the airport to break the ice before the flight too. Also without sounding too patronizing......go further afield now as you are ONLY 52!! As you get older, tire more easily europe will always be there then!! Look at my posts to see all the questions on China that I have answered in the past. I will be going again July 26th and there are only a few places left. Its common to hear people nervous and often theý say that once booked they put the phone down and think "Blimey what have I done" but our repeat clientele is testimony to how liberating it can be and the possibilities it then opens up to them!!!! Cindy (Nixon) has been many times and is a loyal guest and testimony to the positive experience it is. SEE YOU IN CHINA!!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Daniel

Thanks for the mention have I found FAME at LAST..

Remember meeting you in Austria on the evening boat trip..LOL.. you disco diva...xxxxx

Cindy

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Helen,

Yep - get it booked! I am doing the Wonder of China trip in March and am looking forward to it.

Listen to Daniel - he is the man! He convinced me that I am doing the right thing and the thought of texting a photo from the Great Walll really appeals to me.

I have never been referred to as a 'JY veteran' before (Mick) - gotta be a first time for everything I suppose. I think 'repeat client' suits me better (Daniel) but it's true I like to see all sorts of places - the World is my oyster!

Hope you have a great time.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

helen143
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
You've convinced me China here I come! Many thanks to all who replied. Hope I see one or more of you on holidays to come.

Regards Helen:

suzy149
(Member)
Hi there everyone! I've been getting the JY magazines for a few years now and only today thought 'yes' i will take the plunge and book a holiday to Sorrento with JY as soon as I confirm my holiday dates in September. So made my very brave decision and now just reading all the post, I'm not sure where to go! I notice some people have mentioned China. That would be wonderful but I think Im not brave enough to travel so far on my first solo trip. Has anyone been on the Sorrento trip and can give me some feedback on it? All the holiday look so wonderful, its so hard to pick one out as I want to travel everywhere! Suzy