Jules4954
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi to anybody who is going on The Canadian Rockies mountaineer holiday leaving Heathrow on 18th June.

Please it’s been along time since I’ve been to Canada, I can’t remember what adapters I need for using my iPad and phone in Canada,

Thank you.

Jules 54

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jules,

As far as I recall, Canada has 2 types of plug socket - one with two flat parallel pins (Type A) and another with two flat parallel pins and a grounding pin (Type 😎. They also use a 120v supply voltage which is a step down from that used in UK

Hope this helps & have a great holiday. I’d love to read a review of this tour if you wouldn’t mind writing one on your return.

All the best

Mike

anita23
(Member)
'mikew' wrote:

Hi Jules,

As far as I recall, Canada has 2 types of plug socket - one with two flat parallel pins (Type A) and another with two flat parallel pins and a grounding pin (Type 😎. They also use a 120v supply voltage which is a step down from that used in UK

Hope this helps & have a great holiday. I’d love to read a review of this tour if you wouldn’t mind writing one on your return.

All the best

Mike

Thank you I go in September so that’s one of my questions ? also did just you do all the visa ect or do we have to do anything. Nobody said anything yet

anita23
(Member)
'Jules4954' wrote:

Hi to anybody who is going on The Canadian Rockies mountaineer holiday leaving Heathrow on 18th June.

Please it’s been along time since I’ve been to Canada, I can’t remember what adapters I need for using my iPad and phone in Canada,

Thank you.

Jules 54

Hi . 

I go in September 24 so looking forward to it , have you had to fill in any forms for visa ect or have they do it all for you Anita

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anita,

I applied for my own visa the last time I went to Canada in 2018. You can apply for an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) through a link via the gov.uk website and I’m sure there’s also a link to the same official application page via the JY website on the relevant holiday page. The eTA costs $7CAD.

The process is quite simple but be sure to use either of the links I’ve suggested because other online websites will charge you more.

JY used to have a department which dealt with all of this (at a cost) if you so wished, but I’m not sure if it exists anymore. I’m guessing that JY expect you to arrange this yourself being as there’s quite a comprehensive review of entry requirements on the relevant holiday page on their website.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'anita23' wrote:

'Jules4954' wrote:

Thank you.

Jules 54

Hi . 

I go in September 24 so looking forward to it , have you had to fill in any forms for visa ect or have they do it all for you Anita

It will be an esta visa, like the USA, you apply online.

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Anita,

To clarify once again; in order to gain entry into Canada you need to apply for their Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA). Yes, you can apply online as Dyuti says, but do NOT apply for an ESTA which is the USA’s authorisation. The two are totally separate schemes.

So, eTA for Canada…ESTA for USA. I hope that’s clear.

Cheers

Mike