Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon,

I am booked into the 'Comfort Hotel' Heathrow (RO) Shepiston Lane, Hayes Middlesex Tel 44-208-5736162 for the Sunday night.

My plane arrives from Edinburgh at 21.00 hrs so should be there about 22.00 hrs approx.

Pity you are not in Scotland as Babs & Lesley and myself are meeting for lunch on the 14th May in Glasgow.

Only 6 months to go. Will be here before you know it.

Edna

xx

lesley07
(Member)
'Sharon13' wrote:

Hi everyone ... hope you are all saving them pennies for spends !! It's only 6 months away now 🙂 and so looking forward to it !!

I've got so many questions I don't know where to start !

Great that you guys are getting to meet up beforehand - shame Scotland is so far away 😞

If any of you are staying at Heathrow on the sun night would you let me know and I'll try and book into same hotel :-)

Take care

Sharon x

Hi Sharon

I am just awaiting confirmation of a flight from Edinburgh on the Sunday night. If this is ok, Edna and I will be staying overnight at the Comfort Hotel. Will let you know.

Lesleyx

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all,

We are now 34. 27 women and 7 men.

Edna

xx

lesley07
(Member)
'Harley' wrote:

Hi all,

We are now 34. 27 women and 7 men.

Edna

xx

Hi Edna

Still waiting on confirmation of my flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow!! Have now booked a table at one of the oldest Italian restuarants in Glasgow for the 14th. Hope food is good!!

Lesleyx

lesley07
(Member)
'lesley07' wrote:

'bigbabs' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

Hi Edna & Lesley

Its a date then! Great, Edna I was thinking about getting the 8.42 from Aberdeen (you would be about an hour later) and it will arrive at 11.14 Queen St. I really don't mind where we go Lesley as long as they serve vino! I'm going to book my train up pretty quick as its only £20 return at the moment as soon as I have the Ok from you both. Looking forward to meeting you. :thumbup:

Babs

x

Hi Babas

Have booked table at one of the oldest Italian restaurants in Glasgow for May 14th. Not been there myself but a friend has and said food is very good!

Looking forward to our get together

Lesleyx

Hi Babs & Lesley

Looking forward to the 14th. Babs I will be getting on the same train at Perth (Abn-Dundee-Perth-Stirling-Glasgow) as I am at my sisters for the weekend. It leaves at 10.14am. Going to book my ticket today (Wednesday). Look forward to meeting you on the train. Any venue is ok with me for food.

Edna

XX

Hi

I'm booked up too! Down to you now Lesley! Anyone else out there want to join us?

Babs

x

Hi Babs and Edna

Will book a nice Italian for lunch. I shall meet you both off the train at Queen Street but we can firm up on arrangements nearer the tiem. Look forward to meeting you both.

Lesleyx

mmmferg
(Member)
I have been thinking about booking a holiday with JY for months and never actually did, but after reading your postings re the Golden West holiday I decided to just go for it. So I am booked up!!! I live in Cheltenham (originally from Edinburgh) so will probably want to stay at Heathrow the night before the flight. I would love to meet up with anyone else who will be staying overnight on the 18th. Roll on September!!!!
mmmferg
(Member)
'lesley07' wrote:

'Sharon13' wrote:

Hi everyone ... hope you are all saving them pennies for spends !! It's only 6 months away now 🙂 and so looking forward to it !!

I've got so many questions I don't know where to start !

Great that you guys are getting to meet up beforehand - shame Scotland is so far away 😞

If any of you are staying at Heathrow on the sun night would you let me know and I'll try and book into same hotel :-)

Take care

Sharon x

Hi Sharon

I am just awaiting confirmation of a flight from Edinburgh on the Sunday night. If this is ok, Edna and I will be staying overnight at the Comfort Hotel. Will let you know.

Lesleyx

Hi Lesley & Sharon I have just booked for the 19th but will be staying o'night at Heathrow on the 18th, if I can get a room in the Comfort hotel it would be great to meet up.

Marilyn x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marilyn,

Its great that you have booked. Look forward to seeing you at the Comfort Hotel on the 18th or in the VIP lounge on Monday morning.

Edna

:thumbup:

bigbabs
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'mmmferg' wrote:

I have been thinking about booking a holiday with JY for months and never actually did, but after reading your postings re the Golden West holiday I decided to just go for it. So I am booked up!!! I live in Cheltenham (originally from Edinburgh) so will probably want to stay at Heathrow the night before the flight. I would love to meet up with anyone else who will be staying overnight on the 18th. Roll on September!!!!

That it brilliant that our posting have inspired you to join us! We will have a blast and I bet this time next year we are all planning where we are going next! Looking forward to meeting you.

Babs x

Sharon13
(Member)
Hi All,

Good to see there are plenty of us travelling on the 19th now 🙂

Have just looked up the Comfort Hotel and will go ahead and book this for the 18th - now I just need to sort out how I will get to and from Heathrow !!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sharon x

debs28
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone! 🙂

My name is Debs. I'm 28 & living in Belfast. I just stumbled across this site & I am so excited after reading all your comments. I want to book myself in for the September trip but I wanted to ask if any of you know what the situation is with free time? The reason I ask is, I would love to do the Hollywood Homes Tour while in LA but I'm not sure if there would be time for it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 🙂 xo

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debs,

As far as I know on day 7 there is a optional trip to the stars homes in Palm Springs.

Hope you are considering coming the more the merrier.

Edna

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'debs28' wrote:

Hi everyone! :)

My name is Debs. I'm 28 & living in Belfast. I just stumbled across this site & I am so excited after reading all your comments. I want to book myself in for the September trip but I wanted to ask if any of you know what the situation is with free time? The reason I ask is, I would love to do the Hollywood Homes Tour while in LA but I'm not sure if there would be time for it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 🙂 xo

Hi Debs

Welcome! I really don't know but there are a few folk at the beginning of the thread who replied who have previously been, you might be able to contact them. There seems to be so much to do and see we definitely will need to be selective.

Babs x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all,

Our tour manager will be Paul McCarthy.

Edna

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Harley' wrote:

Hi all,

Our tour manager will be Paul McCarthy.

Edna

Hi Edna - how are you doing? You must have a hot line to JY!! Does Paul meet us at Heathrow or San Fran do you know? The rate we are going, we'll be needing 2 buses, isn't it great so many folk going?

Babs x

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all,

You wont have much spare time in LA to do extra tours but you will visit Hollywood Boulevard, Farmers Market, The Hollywood Bowl, drive past Beverly Hills, etc. Then of course get 6 or 7 hours at Universal Studios which is fantastic fun (and not enough time).

When I did this holiday last year our tour manager travelled out with us (from heathrow).

Its a great holiday but expect it to be hectic, you'll all have a great time I'm sure.

Mick

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Babs,

Im doing great. Was just wondering who was our tour manager so I messaged Olly. Don't know if Paul is meeting us at H/row or San Fran. I presume we will find out eventually. It's great that there are so many going (must be all the messages saying how good the holiday is).

Won't be long until the 14th for lunch in Glasgow.

I even have my suitcase out already. September cannot come quick enough.

Edna

:)

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I did this trip last month, fantastic! There was very little free time in LA as we had full day trips, so didn't really see many stars homes. In most cases they have banned buses from going there now as understandably they are sick of people gawping! We did see the beach at malibu where baywatch was filmed, restaurants owned by the stars on hollywood bvld and sunset strip and the place where hugh grant was arrested! Loads to see and do; the Angeleno hotel is beautiful (as are all the others on the trip, except the travelodge in Palm Springs, which was a bit basic but fine); the restaurant in the Angeleno is v expensive and the staff are snotty, so you might want to get a diy dinner or something. You do a tour of the stars' homes in Palm Springs, but they are mainly stars from the 50s and 60s etc, apart from Barry Manilow, who still lives there!! Hope that's helpful, have a great hol!
lesley07
(Member)
'Harley' wrote:

Hi Babs,

Im doing great. Was just wondering who was our tour manager so I messaged Olly. Don't know if Paul is meeting us at H/row or San Fran. I presume we will find out eventually. It's great that there are so many going (must be all the messages saying how good the holiday is).

Won't be long until the 14th for lunch in Glasgow.

I even have my suitcase out already. September cannot come quick enough.

Edna

:)

Hi Edna

You are keen. I usually think about packing the day before I go on holiday! Have now booked a room at Comfort Hotel for 18th Sept but still no confirmation of flight from Edinburgh. Will be in touch nearer the 14th to arrange meeting place etc.

Lesleyx

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'lesley07' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

Hi Lesley,

I am usually very organised lists everywhere, hence the suitcase. Will look forward to getting the final arrangements for the 14th.

Edna