lesley07
(Member)
'neil74' wrote:

Hi all, I am considering booking up for the mid west holiday on 19 september, travelling from Glasgow. I am a bit apprehensive about doing this on my own and dont know what to expect. Can anyone shed any light on this?Thanks Neil

Hi Neil

I'm going on this trip and am travelling from Motherwell. Still debating whether to go via Glasgow or Edinburgh but it will depend on flight times etc. Will contact you again if I go via Glasgow.

Lesley

lesley07
(Member)
'Harley' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Babs

I am considering doing this trip. Will also be travelling from Scotland as I live in Motherwell near Glasgow. If I go, this will be my second JU holiday. Went to China last year and had a great time. Group were very friendly and holiday was very well organised and good value ror money.

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

I am going on the same trip. I have been booked since last year. I will be flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow. I live in Dundee, Hope you can come.

Edna

Hi Edna

Perhaps we could travel together from Edinburgh. Will contact JU to find out if I can change flight from Glasgow.

Lesley

Hi Lesley

I'm flying on the Sunday the 18th BA1463 time 19.35 from Edin to Heathrow then staying at the Comfort Hotel Heathrow tel 44-208-5736162 overnight.

Are you flying down on the Sunday or on Monday morning?

Edna

xx

Hi again Edna

Did you book flight/hotel via Just You ?

Lesleyx

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)

Hi again Edna

Lesleyx

Hi Lesley,

I booked my flight and hotel myself. Did a check on the flights available end of January for the Monday early morning and found not much left being a Monday morning. Decided to book the previous day so that I would be there in plenty time for the flight.

Edna xx

bigbabs
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Babs

I am considering doing this trip. Will also be travelling from Scotland as I live in Motherwell near Glasgow. If I go, this will be my second JU holiday. Went to China last year and had a great time. Group were very friendly and holiday was very well organised and good value ror money.

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

I am going on the same trip. I have been booked since last year. I will be flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow. I live in Dundee, Hope you can come.

Edna

Hi Edna

Perhaps we could travel together from Edinburgh. Will contact JU to find out if I can change flight from Glasgow.

Lesley

Hi Lesley

I'm flying on the Sunday the 18th BA1463 time 19.35 from Edin to Heathrow then staying at the Comfort Hotel Heathrow tel 44-208-5736162 overnight.

Edna

xx

Hi again Edna

Lesleyx

Hi Lesley & Edna

I'm flying from Aberdeen, as we are all so close what do you both think about meeting up for lunch somewhere, perhaps on a Saturday sometime before we travel

Babs

x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Babs & Lesley,

I'm up for that. It would be great to meet you both for lunch sometime before we go

Edna

xx

lesley07
(Member)
'bigbabs' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Babs

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

Edna

Hi Edna

Lesley

Hi Lesley

Edna

xx

Hi again Edna

Lesleyx

Hi Lesley & Edna

I'm flying from Aberdeen, as we are all so close what do you both think about meeting up for lunch somewhere, perhaps on a Saturday sometime before we travel

Babs

x

Hi Babs

Meeting for lunch is a great idea. Just let me know where and when!

Lesleyx

lesley07
(Member)
'Harley' wrote:

Hi again Edna

Lesleyx

Hi Lesley,

I booked my flight and hotel myself. Did a check on the flights available end of January for the Monday early morning and found not much left being a Monday morning. Decided to book the previous day so that I would be there in plenty time for the flight.

Edna xx

Hi

Have asked JU to try and book me onto your flight. Have been into BA site and flight is only a bit more expensive-so may book myself if JU not able to! Will let you know how I get on!!!

Lesleyx

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Harley' wrote:

Hi Babs & Lesley,

I'm up for that. It would be great to meet you both for lunch sometime before we go

Edna

xx

Great Edna - including anyone else living in Scotland - Neil!!

perhaps we'll wait until the weather gets a bit warmer - perhap aim for one Saturday in May?

Babs

x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)

Edna

xx

Great Edna - including anyone else living in Scotland - Neil!!

perhaps we'll wait until the weather gets a bit warmer - perhap aim for one Saturday in May?

Babs

x

Hi,

Just name the date and time and i'll be there. Lokking forward to meeting you all.

Edna

x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all,

Just an update on numbers for the trip. Now 27 (7 men & 20 women).

Edna

xx

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi to those in and around Glasgow

Lesley, Edna and I are going to meet up for lunch - anyone fancy joining us? How about Saturday 14th May in Glasgow - Lesley you could pick a venue?

Serious holiday shopping in Glasgow too!

x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)

Lesley, Edna and I are going to meet up for lunch - anyone fancy joining us? How about Saturday 14th May in Glasgow - Lesley you could pick a venue?

x

Babs,

Sounds good to me. 14th May in Glasgow. Any venue. Shopping yesssssssss. Bring it on.

Edna

xx

lesley07
(Member)
'bigbabs' wrote:

x

Hi Babs and Edna

This date is fine for me. There are a number of good restuarants in Glasgow. Depends on your preference-let me know and I will book as it tends to be busy in town on a Saturday. If you are travelling by train, perhaps we could meet in the station?

Catch up again soon.

Lesleyx

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

'bigbabs' wrote:

x

Hi Babs and Edna

This date is fine for me. There are a number of good restuarants in Glasgow. Depends on your preference-let me know and I will book as it tends to be busy in town on a Saturday. If you are travelling by train, perhaps we could meet in the station?

Catch up again soon.

Lesleyx

Hi Edna & Lesley

Its a date then! Great, Edna I was thinking about getting the 8.42 from Aberdeen (you would be about an hour later) and it will arrive at 11.14 Queen St. I really don't mind where we go Lesley as long as they serve vino! I'm going to book my train up pretty quick as its only £20 return at the moment as soon as I have the Ok from you both. Looking forward to meeting you. :thumbup:

Babs

x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)

Hi Edna & Lesley

Its a date then! Great, Edna I was thinking about getting the 8.42 from Aberdeen (you would be about an hour later) and it will arrive at 11.14 Queen St. I really don't mind where we go Lesley as long as they serve vino! I'm going to book my train up pretty quick as its only £20 return at the moment as soon as I have the Ok from you both. Looking forward to meeting you. :thumbup:

Babs

x

Hi Babs & Lesley

Looking forward to the 14th. Babs I will be getting on the same train at Perth (Abn-Dundee-Perth-Stirling-Glasgow) as I am at my sisters for the weekend. It leaves at 10.14am. Going to book my ticket today (Wednesday). Look forward to meeting you on the train. Any venue is ok with me for food.

Edna

XX

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)

Hi Babs,

That's my ticket bought for the 10.14 Perth-Glasgow QS 14/5. Did not book a seat so if you could put your handbag on mine that will be great.

Edna

xx

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Harley' wrote:

Hi Edna & Lesley

Babs

x

Hi Babs & Lesley

Looking forward to the 14th. Babs I will be getting on the same train at Perth (Abn-Dundee-Perth-Stirling-Glasgow) as I am at my sisters for the weekend. It leaves at 10.14am. Going to book my ticket today (Wednesday). Look forward to meeting you on the train. Any venue is ok with me for food.

Edna

XX

Hi

I'm booked up too! Down to you now Lesley! Anyone else out there want to join us?

Babs

x

lesley07
(Member)
'bigbabs' wrote:

'Harley' wrote:

Hi Edna & Lesley

Babs

x

Hi Babs & Lesley

Edna

XX

Hi

I'm booked up too! Down to you now Lesley! Anyone else out there want to join us?

Babs

x

Hi Babs and Edna

Will book a nice Italian for lunch. I shall meet you both off the train at Queen Street but we can firm up on arrangements nearer the tiem. Look forward to meeting you both.

Lesleyx

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley & Babs,

Great. Roll on the 14th. Will be a great day.

Edna

xx

Sharon13
(Member)
Hi everyone ... hope you are all saving them pennies for spends !! It's only 6 months away now 🙂 and so looking forward to it !!

I've got so many questions I don't know where to start !

Great that you guys are getting to meet up beforehand - shame Scotland is so far away 😞

If any of you are staying at Heathrow on the sun night would you let me know and I'll try and book into same hotel :-)

Take care

Sharon x