BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mildred,

I'll be applying for my eVisa for Burma over the next couple of weeks and I need to put down the first hotel we'll be staying at.  Could you just check that it is still the Sedona in Yangon please?

Best wishes,

Bob

Moderator2
(Member)
Hello Bob,

The first hotel you will be staying at is still Sedona Hotel in Yangon.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Mildred, much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Bob

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi again Mildred,

Has a tour manager been appointed for this departure yet?

Best wishes,

Bob

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Bob,

I hope you have been having a wonderful day so far.

A tour manager has not yet been appointed.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Mildred, JY are leaving it quite late in this case - the tour is 2 1/2 months away now!

All the best,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
I've prepaid  JY   to obtain my Burmese visa. When will I  receive  my visa pack?  I'd like to get  my  passport  in the  post  before  the  Christmas  rush.
katy1717
(Member)
Bob, another question to ask is who is the local guide. Our local guide was doing his first JY tour and I know he is doing the 28 Nov trip. He was great. Nyi Nyi Thun. Think who you get for this role in Burma could be more important than who the TM is.

Katy

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Katy, hope we get him as well!  If JY don't know who the TM is yet, I'm sure they don't know who the local guide will be!!

All the best,

BOb

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Katy.  It is certainly true that Naing who we had for the first tour was excellent and added a lot to the tour but it was also important that the TM and guide gelled which ours certainly did and made a great partnership.

Good luck.

Moderator2
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

I've prepaid  JY   to obtain my Burmese visa. When will I  receive  my visa pack?  I'd like to get  my  passport  in the  post  before  the  Christmas  rush.

Good Morning SarahS,

Can I please have your booking reference number?

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Deb3
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Bob,

Have just come back from the tour which started on the 14th. We too had Naing who couldn't be more helpful, professional, patient, knowledgeable or passionate about his country if he tried. Alison Bisset was our Tour Manager and the 2 of them made an excellent team.

My EVisa came through within 24 hours, really easy to apply and seems to be the preferred way when you arrive at Yangon as it's advertised everywhere.

$300 should be fine, I bought a few souvenirs, a drink at most lunch stops and evenings meals but tipped our TM in Sterling.

They can be funny re: folded notes; the locals tend to keep all of the notes they use flat... some places were more fussy than others. Majority of prices were quoted in $, except the markets, but were happy to accept Kyat too.

It certainly is a full on tour (very little down time) but at a gentle pace, if that makes sense and wouldn't want any of it left out.

Naing also took us to the cave with Buddha's whilst we were in Kalaw.

Burma's gone to the top of my list for holidays, you'll have an amazing time! (make sure you have a spare battery for your camera and charge it asap after changing and take an extra memory card too; Burma's a photographers dream.

Debbie

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debs

So glad you enjoyed it and really pleased to hear that Naing is still as good as ever.  Did he do the longryi thing - won't say anymore as it will spoil for others still to go.

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Debbie,

Many thanks for this information, it is really helpful and I'm delighted you had such a great time. Roll on February!

All the best,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
My booking number is AXXXXXX Will JY be obtaining  electronic visas? And if so, will you still need my passport? It's a great shame that we weren't given information  regarding this option. I really hate being parted from my passport!
Deb3
  • (Member)
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

Hi Debs

So glad you enjoyed it and really pleased to hear that Naing is still as good as ever.  Did he do the longryi thing - won't say anymore as it will spoil for others still to go.

Did he...! Such a lovely man, felt very lucky to have been with him and Alison.

SarahS
(Member)
'Deb3' wrote:

Hello Bob,

Have just come back from the tour which started on the 14th. We too had Naing who couldn't be more helpful, professional, patient, knowledgeable or passionate about his country if he tried. Alison Bisset was our Tour Manager and the 2 of them made an excellent team.

My EVisa came through within 24 hours, really easy to apply and seems to be the preferred way when you arrive at Yangon as it's advertised everywhere.

$300 should be fine, I bought a few souvenirs, a drink at most lunch stops and evenings meals but tipped our TM in Sterling.

They can be funny re: folded notes; the locals tend to keep all of the notes they use flat... some places were more fussy than others. Majority of prices were quoted in $, except the markets, but were happy to accept Kyat too.

It certainly is a full on tour (very little down time) but at a gentle pace, if that makes sense and wouldn't want any of it left out.

Naing also took us to the cave with Buddha's whilst we were in Kalaw.

Burma's gone to the top of my list for holidays, you'll have an amazing time! (make sure you have a spare battery for your camera and charge it asap after changing and take an extra memory card too; Burma's a photographers dream.

Debbie

Moderator2
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

My booking number is AXXXXXX Will JY be obtaining  electronic visas? And if so, will you still need my passport? It's a great shame that we weren't given information  regarding this option. I really hate being parted from my passport!

Good Morning SarahS,

Your visa pack was sent out on the 28th of November via 1st class post so it should arrive at your doorstep anytime soon.

We wont be obtaining electronic visas for Burma. We will require your passport.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

SarahS
(Member)
Thank you.  We are now 3 months from return date, so I will send it off ASAP.  Getting very excited now. The information about the add on is a bit sketchy. Will we have a tour manager with us, and can you confirm it is bed and breakfast basis please.  Also,  can anyone who has already done the add on tell me if the hotel takes credit cards. Just in case I start to run out of dollars. I'd hate to go hungry!
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Sarah,

I am very happy for you!

There will be a tour manager with you and It is bed and breakfast basis.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.