sallyc
(Member)
Hi Sarah

A few posts after her review Katy mentioned that credit cards were accepted in the hotels. Just 74 days to go now......

Sally

SarahS
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Sarah,

I am very happy for you!

There will be a tour manager with you and It is bed and breakfast basis.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Thank you again. Is it too early to ask if a tour manager has been appointed yet?

katy1717
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Thank you.  We are now 3 months from return date, so I will send it off ASAP.  Getting very excited now. The information about the add on is a bit sketchy. Will we have a tour manager with us, and can you confirm it is bed and breakfast basis please.  Also,  can anyone who has already done the add on tell me if the hotel takes credit cards. Just in case I start to run out of dollars. I'd hate to go hungry!

Hi Sarah, I did the add on that returned mid November.  Yes its B&B, but extensive breakfast.  The hotel does take CCs - its pretty much like any other international hotel in all respects.  The TM does accompany the group - I think basically because its a 5+ hour road trip to get there - and over dreadful roads.  There's a good beach, massage place, swimming pool.  There's not much to do in the surrounding area - I did walk down to the local shops, about a 20 minute walk away, pretty touristy stuff.  You could walk along the beach a bit.

Katy

Moderator2
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Sarah,

I am very happy for you!

There will be a tour manager with you and It is bed and breakfast basis.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Thank you again. Is it too early to ask if a tour manager has been appointed yet?

Good Morning Sarah,

You are most welcome.

It is still too early to say but if you post this question again later in the month, I will let you know.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

katy1717
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Hi Sarah

A few posts after her review Katy mentioned that credit cards were accepted in the hotels.  Just 74 days to go now......

Sally

Hi Sally, would really stress - take dollars.......

About CCs, I would actually avoid using them if possible as they seem to add on a % charge - and it seemed to be quite high (IIRC, early on saw mark up for someone of nearly 10% ).  They do clearly prefer cash (dollars) tho' I'm sure things are changing.  And really, unless you are buying loads of souvenirs, so much is included and the drinks so cheap that you're not paying much over the tour.  When I paid my bill at the add-on in dollars, there was someone at the desk at the time wanting to pay by CC and they were trying to encourage cash.  Think most of the main places that tourists go probably take CCs - but there may be some holdouts. 

Katy

katy1717
(Member)
'katy1717' wrote:

'SarahS' wrote:

Thank you.  We are now 3 months from return date, so I will send it off ASAP.  Getting very excited now. The information about the add on is a bit sketchy. Will we have a tour manager with us, and can you confirm it is bed and breakfast basis please.  Also,  can anyone who has already done the add on tell me if the hotel takes credit cards. Just in case I start to run out of dollars. I'd hate to go hungry!

Hi Sarah, I did the add on that returned mid November.  Yes its B&B, but extensive breakfast.  The hotel does take CCs - its pretty much like any other international hotel in all respects.  The TM does accompany the group - I think basically because its a 5+ hour road trip to get there - and over dreadful roads.  There's a good beach, massage place, swimming pool.  There's not much to do in the surrounding area - I did walk down to the local shops, about a 20 minute walk away, pretty touristy stuff.  You could walk along the beach a bit.

Katy

Hi Sarah, just to add further (and have replied to Sally above) re CCs.  Altho'  they seem to be accepted/used at all the main tourist stops, dollars really are the preferred method of payment (at the moment).  CCs seem to have a mark-up, so I only used dollars. 

Katy

SarahS
(Member)
Thanks  Katy. I only take credits cards for emergencies, and have never yet needed to use one.  I don't  much like carrying large amounts of cash when in transit between hotels, but I tend to split it up and keep the bulk in zipped pockets on my carry bag. I'm not looking forward to a five hour drive to the add on. That wasn't mentioned in the brochure. I'll certainly need a  massage when I get there!
sallyc
(Member)
Thanks Katy, like Sarah I only take a CC for emergencies but I like to know that they would work if there was a problem!