Mel P
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Welll, after great deliberations I have booked this trip and am looking very much forward to it. The hotels looks amazing. I like swimming and wondered what the beach was like? Perhaps one of my fellow travellers who have been on the trip could let me know?

Best regards.

Mel

Yve
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mel

I did this tour last July and yes the hotel is fabulous. It is a bit of a trek to the beach which is quite small and rocky, there is a great restaurant down there which I can highly recommend so no need to go back to the hotel for food. There is also an excellent swimming pool with it's own large terrace which is great for sunbathing.

Yve.

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mel wrote:

Welll, after great deliberations I have booked this trip and am looking very much forward to it. The hotels looks amazing. I like swimming and wondered what the beach was like? Perhaps one of my fellow travellers who have been on the trip could let me know?

Best regards.

Mel

Hi Mel,

You have made a good choice. I did this last September and put a very brief comment on Reviews last night, and a review last September. The beach was really small last year because there had been a rock fall and they had not been able to get down to do anything about it.

There was a free day last year and the hotel arranged for a couple of boat trips which made a stop for swimming, from the boat (I think). There was a minibus from the hotel to Cetraro Marina and the boat was there, but I have not got a clue as to what it cost.

The hotel is more like a stately home than a hotel, but not in the least "stuffy", and you are made very, very welcome. Food, scenery, fabulous. I am seriously thinking about doing this again next year.

Enjoy!

Sylvia

Mel P
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Yve and Syliva for your very helpful replies. I was looking on the hotel website and the hotel is steeped in history. Very interesting.

I am not sure I will be using the beach if it is prone to rock falls!

Feel free to join me in June Sylvia!

Best regards.

Mel

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mel

I have booked this trip for end August/September and am really looking forward to it. Do let us know how you get on.

Regards

Jaya

Mel P
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I will definitely post a review Jaya. I am glad that you are commencing your travelling again and back to form.

Thank you Sylvia and Yve again for your comments and reviews. I am looking forward to this unique holiday.

Best regards.

Mel