Mel P
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

Please can you let me know how many there are on this tour. Not long now? Three weeks to go.

Can't wait.

Best regards.

Mel

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mel,

Not long to go at all - I don't know about you but this year seems to be flying by so I would imagine you'll be on the plane sooner than you realise!

In terms of the tour, there are now 21 of you booked to travel to Calabria on the 5th June. The group is made up of 4 men and 17 women with ages from early 50s - early 80s.

And, I can also share that the Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this trip is Sarah Wrightson and she will be flying out from Gatwick with the group.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mel wrote:

Hi Julia

Please can you let me know how many there are on this tour. Not long now? Three weeks to go.

Can't wait.

Best regards.

Mel

Hi Mel,

You are in luck - we had Sarah when I went last September, she's great, very knowledgeable, calm, unflappable and very helpful.

I'll be very surprised if you don't enjoy this trip.

Sylvia

Mel P
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia.

Thanks for the information.

I like you, don't know where the year is going.

Why dont you come too to even the numbers up a bit? Do you get discount and also do I get some for referring you? Worth a try.

Thank you for all your help Sylvia. I am sure I will enjoy it. One question Sylvia re the Sila Mountains trip. Are the gradients steep as I have dodgy knees and have difficulty on downward slopes and uneven terrain?

By the way the temperature was 81 degrees today.

Best wishes.

Mel

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mel wrote:

Hi Julia.

Why dont you come too to even the numbers up a bit? Do you get discount and also do I get some for referring you? Worth a try.

Thank you for all your help Sylvia. I am sure I will enjoy it. One question Sylvia re the Sila Mountains trip. Are the gradients steep as I have dodgy knees and have difficulty on downward slopes and uneven terrain?

Best wishes.

Mel

Hi Mel,

I have a very bad back and usually cannot walk too far, but I made this and have photo with a mile wide grin to prove it. The paths are not too bad. They are marked with very few places where ou have to negotiate tree roots. The gradient seemed to me to be steeper going up than it was coming down. I got up to the top by using a ploy I had with my husband - just go as far as that next tree then decide whether to go further or back. Eventually going back is further than going ahead. Sarah will be able to advise you on this. If you decide not to go then there is a visitor centre, which may or may not be open according to staff inclination, and a flat walk to a lake where you can have your lunch (buy this in a superb deli on the stop to the Sila.) There is also a cafe/bar type place, and loos, near the coach park.

In September the temperature was usually 85 - 95.

Hope this helps. If you would like to know anything else, then please just ask.

Sylvia

Mel P
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sjm533' wrote:

'Mel wrote:

Hi Julia.

Best wishes.

Mel

Hi Mel,

I have a very bad back and usually cannot walk too far, but I made this and have photo with a mile wide grin to prove it. The paths are not too bad. They are marked with very few places where ou have to negotiate tree roots. The gradient seemed to me to be steeper going up than it was coming down. I got up to the top by using a ploy I had with my husband - just go as far as that next tree then decide whether to go further or back. Eventually going back is further than going ahead. Sarah will be able to advise you on this. If you decide not to go then there is a visitor centre, which may or may not be open according to staff inclination, and a flat walk to a lake where you can have your lunch (buy this in a superb deli on the stop to the Sila.) There is also a cafe/bar type place, and loos, near the coach park.

Sylvia

Hello Sylvia

Thank you for your invaluable information. I have had a text from Just You to say that the tickets are in the post. Yippee!

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mel wrote:

'sjm533' wrote:

'Mel wrote:

Hi Julia.

Best wishes.

Mel

Hi Mel,

Sylvia

Hello Sylvia

Thank you for your invaluable information. I have had a text from Just You to say that the tickets are in the post. Yippee!

Hi Mel,

I shall look forward to your thoughts about this trip on your return. Enjoy.

Sylvia