dipping my toes in
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I saw from a review of this holiday from last autumn (2015) that they flew from Gatwick to Naples on BA, and that it was a four hour coach journey to the Grand Hotel San Michele (which the reviewer praised).  For June 2017 you are instead flying via Stansted to Lamezia Terme.  Stansted is way better for me than Gatwick - is Lamezia Terma a shorter journey to the hotel than from Naples?  Holiday sounds good!  I can't find any more recent reviews than autumn 2015 though.
Bosuncat
(Member)
Excuse me for cutting in on this thread.  :)

Lamezia Terme actually is in Calabria, and although I have never flown into there I would say it is a far shorter journey than the trek from Naples.  I have only in recent years travelled as far as Cilento Coast from Naples, and that is certainly 3hours plus with a comfort break.  It's good to see that JY have been able to secure a flight into Lamezia.

I haven't seen any reviews this year on here for the holiday, but it gets consistently good ones, and also on Trip Advisor. 

I hope this helps a little.  🙂

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

You certainly will have a very short journey to the hotel from Lamezia. When I did this trip, we flew to Naples so it was a long journey, but worth it as this is a lovely trip. The hotel is fantastic and you will have a great time.

Jaya