patricebry
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I've booked this holiday for next year and now I've booked I'm a bit worried as I read a report from a JY traveller that it is really full-on (which I expected) with alot of walking and steps - also very tiring. I am quite elderly (70's) and although I have done several long haul holidays I was a bit worried about his comments. Am I doing the right thing? Advice please!!

Regards, Pat

lesley07
(Member)
'patricebry' wrote:

Hi,

I've booked this holiday for next year and now I've booked I'm a bit worried as I read a report from a JY traveller that it is really full-on (which I expected) with alot of walking and steps - also very tiring. I am quite elderly (70's) and although I have done several long haul holidays I was a bit worried about his comments. Am I doing the right thing? Advice please!!

Regards, Pat

Hi Pat

I did this trip last year and there were people from early 30s to mid eighties in the group. Whilst it is quite hectic, you can take things at your own pace. Some of the older people chose not to climb the Great Wall which was a bit "hairy" even for us younger ones!!! That said, it is a great experience and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Lesley

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this two years ago and it was marvellous! There is a lot of travelling but the only 'testing' steps are if you tackle the Great Wall. If not there are shops and refreshments near the coach park. Don't worry, it is a memorable holiday.
patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

'patricebry' wrote:

Hi,

Regards, Pat

Hi Pat

I did this trip last year and there were people from early 30s to mid eighties in the group. Whilst it is quite hectic, you can take things at your own pace. Some of the older people chose not to climb the Great Wall which was a bit "hairy" even for us younger ones!!! That said, it is a great experience and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Lesley

Hi Lesley and David,

Thankyou very much for your positive replies!! I feel much better about the trip now and will begin to really look forward to it, although I might be doing the shops instead of the Great Wall!!

I've got the Cilento coast coming up next month - that'll be a bit gentler!!

Regards, Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lesley and David,

Many thanks for your comments - I feel alot happier about it now. I always worry on these long haul holdiays that I am going to be the oldest - but I never have been up to now! I shall start to look forward to it again.

Regards, Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lesley and David,

Many thanks for your replies. I feel much happier about it now and look forward to my trip!

Regards, Pat

janeyalan
(Member)
Hi, did this trip last year, yes it is busy, but you do have time to rest, it was a great place to visit, and I am sure you will have an amazing time.
jwb
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did the holiday in May and really enjoyed it. It is a marvellous experience. Yes there is a lot of travelling and there are a lot of steps at some of the visits but you are not forced to do anything you do not wish to do. With the companionship on the tour there is seemed to be somebody who was also goig at your pace. Go for it and enjoy, you will not be dissapointed.
CLIVE W
(Member)
'patricebry' wrote:

Hi,

Regards, Pat

Hello Pat,

I also have booked this trip for next year, in August, when are you going?

Whatever month that you do go, I hope that you have a great time.

Regards

Clive

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Pat

I am on the 12th September departure includind the Yangtze add on so if you are on that holiday you will not be the only 70 something on that trip as I will be 73

Whatever trip you are on I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Peter

adi
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

I did the Great Wonders of China a few years ago over Christmas. I am not too fit but really enjoyed just getting a little way onto the Great Wall but as others say you can just go and enjoy the view from below. If you are going in winter months please make sure you have good gloves and scarfs etc it is VERY cold.

It is a hectic tour and there were more places included than on the itinerary (mainly selling opportunities) but all enjoyable.

If you like a glass of wine I would advise you bring your own as the local stuff is foul.

Have a brilliant time.

Adi

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Clive and Peter,

I'm going on19th September next year so just missed meeting you - pity!! I booked it so early as everytime I checked the prices on line they seemed to have gone up! So it's all done now and the prices should stay the same. Oh, and I'll be 74 Peter so I can give you a year!!

Enjoy your holidays!! I'm going to the Cilento coast in October so I've got that to look forward to first>

Regards,

Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone!

Many thanks for your replies. Looking forward to it now! I'm going on 19th September, so I'll miss you by one week Peter - shame!! - and I can give you a year!!

Regards, Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone who replied to my request, - I get the picture now and I'm really looking forward to it. I went on the Parks & Canyons and the Golden West and they were 'busy' so I'll be fine.

Hi Clive and Peter - enjoy your trips next year - I'll miss you by one week Peter - I'm going on the 19th September!! - shame!! and I'll be 74 so you're only a baby!!!

Thanks again,

Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Clive and Peter,

I keep replying to your emails but don't see them printed, so forgive me if you've already read this! I'm going to China on 19th September, so I'll miss you by one week Peter. Shame!! Anyway I hope you both really enjoy you holidays!

Regards, Pat