BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly I know from viewing these pages that the Wonder of China is one of JY's most popular tours and I have also been looking at the Travelsphere Discover China tour, which is much more extensive (Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing with Hong Kong as an add on) but as before I would prefer to travel with JY. So my question is this, is there any chance JY would consider expanding their China tours, or introducing a new one similar to the itinerary of the Travelsphere Discover China tour, so that Shanghai and Hong Kong could be included? If I were to do the Travelsphere trip with the Hong Kong add-on, I'd have to pay a whopping £574 single supplement, as well as tagging along with a lot of couples!
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

You are right that China is a very popular tour so we may well expand our China tours in future.

But you might not know that we already offer an alternative China tour - Shanghai, Xian and Beijing, which takes you to the amazing colonial and modern sights of Shanghai rather than Chengde. The link is:

http://www.justyou.co.uk/destinations/asia/eastern-asia/shanghai-xian-and-beijing/ 

I will pass on your suggestion.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Olly, yes I know about that trip - but it is very short, only 6 nights and there is no option of a Hong Kong add-on! The only time I've seen a HK add-on offered is a one off trip at Christmas and I can't travel at that time of year. JY have what look like brilliant 2 week trips to Thailand and Vietnam, so it's surprising that the China tours are so short.
Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am hoping they will have a Tibet add on as in Travelsphere.
BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I agree Sue, if JY would expain either the Wonder of China or the Beijing, Xian and Shanghai to include Hong Kong and Tibet, that would be just perfect!!
EricL
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly

I would also be interested in the Hong Kong add on to the China tour. This is the main reason for not booking China so far. If you are going to China is it both time and cost effective to include Hong Kong

Look forward to this consideration

Best regards

EricL

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I agree Eric, and that should have been "expand" not "explain" in my last post - Olly, you should correct typos!!
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
I will pass all your comments on. If enough people mention this, it might be something we will look at in the future.

BGray: I wish I had the time to correct typos!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Olly, I will start a new thread entitled "China Petition" - in the same spirit as the Route 66 one earlier this year. However, could you do me a favour and if there is any likelihood that it would be added next year to let me know ASAP, as if there isn't I might book the Travelsphere Discover China trip for Sept 2012 instead. Otherwise, if there is a real chance it might go ahead in 2013, I would book Thailand or Vietnam with JY instead for Sept 2012. Hope you can follow all that, many thanks!
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BGray

I wouldn't delay your holiday plans based on the hope that this tour will be added, as there are currently no plans that I am aware of. So I would go for the Travelsphere version or one of the other Far East tours you mention.

However, you will be pleased to hear we are still planning to add Route 66 later in the year (for 2012) based on strong support among Community users.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the info Olly! It will be interesting to see if many people are interested in a more extensive China tour, we will wait and see!