DINAH DEE
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi travellers. I live in Northumberland and am wondering what kind of trip would be advised for my first trip alone having been recently widowed and need good company and cheering up.[/size][/font]
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dinah

Welcome my first trip I have now done 6 with 2 more booked. My first tour was a long haul tour to USA Boston New England and NYC, and it worked for me, some people go closer to home and others go on a discovery weekend. What works for one person does'nt work for another. I would say pick a holiday you fancy and book it.

Good Luck

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just pick the holiday you like, all the trips will have people in a similar postion to yourself. I've now done 3 JY holidays (with another coming up) since losing my partner and have fully enjoyed every trip and met some great people.
mal60
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DINAH wrote:

Hi travellers. I live in Northumberland and am wondering what kind of trip would be advised for my first trip alone having been recently widowed and need good company and cheering up.[/size][/font]

Hi i'm in the same boat although I lost my husband 2 years ago and have only just plucked up the courage to go it alone. I'm not sure whether to jump in at the deep end and go for a long trip or a shorter taster first. Its all quite daunting

mal60
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dinah I lost my husband 2 years ago and have just plucked up the courage to go it alone I am 60 and trying to decided whether to jump in at the deep end and book a longer holiday or play safe and try out a short break first.Its very daunting I think I'll just jump
DINAH DEE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your replies. I think I must go ahead and book a holiday and see for myself how I manage. After bering married for 46 years it is difficult but I must give it a try and all the posts on J.Y are encouraging.
DINAH DEE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your reply I am going to book a holiday.
OB47
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DINAH wrote:

My first holiday alone also and was thinking of booking Bulgaria 13th June. Just wondering if anyone else has booked for it

OB47
  • (Member)
(Member)
Also my first holiday alone as my partner died 18 months ago. I was thinking of booking Bulgaria 13th June and was wondering if anyone else had booked this
SUSANNAH
(Member)
I HAVE BEEN SINGLE FOR 18 YEARS, AND HAVE TAKEN 4 HOLIDAYS COMPLETELY ALONE, AND 3 WITH PAGE AND MOY (MAINLY COUPLES). THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WITH JY (ANDALUCIA SEPTEMBER 28) AND I HOPE TO MEET OTHERS IN A SIMILAR SITUATION.
Souxie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Dinah,

You've passed the biggest hurdle in deciding to take a holiday... the exciting part now is deciding where to go. I am going to Alpine Europe in August. Lovely scenery and great excursions. I've done a lot of holidays with JY since finding myself a singleton again. It is scarey at first but I promise this will be the best decision you have ever made.

Hope whatever holiday you choose, you will have a great and memorable time!

Souxie xx

Staffy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DINAH wrote:

Same for me, going to Classic Italian Cities 7th July, then maybe long haul later in the year !

patricebry
(Member)
'DINAH wrote:

10lv
  • (Guest)
(Guest)
'OB47' wrote:

'DINAH wrote:

My first holiday alone also and was thinking of booking Bulgaria 13th June. Just wondering if anyone else has booked for it

Hi there I lost my husband last October and I have jumped in with both feet and have booked to go to Halkidiki on the 26th September .I am 73 and very nervous but what the heck lets live life to the full life is to short and you dont know whats around the corner good luck Dawn

mary y
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DINAH wrote:

Hi Dinah I am too recently widowed and wondering bout a holiday

mary y
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I am recently widowed age 55 and bit scared of travelling alone. Any thoughts