Painterlady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello - I am going on the Treasures of Andalucia holiday 16th May from Gatwick. This is my first; holiday abroad alone - my husband died 15 months ago - so I am a bit apprehensive but looking forward to it - anyone else going on this holiday? Christine
Auntie D
(Member)
:thumbup:
'Painterlady' wrote:

Hello - I am going on the Treasures of Andalucia holiday 16th May from Gatwick. This is my first; holiday abroad alone - my husband died 15 months ago - so I am a bit apprehensive but looking forward to it - anyone else going on this holiday? Christine

:P:P

Good morning Christine.

I'm on this tour the week after you so we won't meet. However, I've done 8 tours with Just You and would like to assure you that you will meet a lovely bunch of people.

Don't be apprehensive, everyone will be in the same boat and your Tour Manager will be able to give you any help, should you need it. Have a good holiday and I'll bet you won't be able to wait to book your next trip on your return!!

Good luck.

Denise

:):)

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Painterlady' wrote:

Hi

I am not on this tour but know exactly how you feel. My husband died 13 months ago, and I have never been on holiday alone before. But having read the postings on there and the other sections I am going with JY in April for a week. Keep reading as many postings as you think will interest you, and your confidence will gradually build.

Quite independently my daughter-in-law who lives about 300 miles from me, mentioned my holiday to a friend, who replied that her mother had been with JY, had been extremely well looked after, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know where she went though.

I am as sure as I can be that you will not regret "taking the plunge", and you may well find others in the same position as you on the tour.

Enjoy your holiday.

Regards

Sylvia

ToniY1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Painterlady' wrote:

Hi Christine

I am going on this holiday from Gatwick the same day. my first holiday on my own and in the same situation as you- lost my husband 27months ago - so you wont be on your own.

Toni

ToniY1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Painterlady' wrote:

Hi Christine

I am going on this holiday from Gatwick the same day. my first holiday on my own and in the same situation as you- lost my husband 27months ago - so you wont be on your own.

Toni

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did my first JY hol about a year after losing my partner, its definately a good move to travel with others.

I've also done treasures of andalucia (was my 2nd JY hol) and you have made a good choice, its a very nice holiday.

Painterlady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you all for your responses. They do make me feel better. I think I have got the hang of posting now - I think I have flooded the site as I thought my post was not working! Roll on the sunshine as it feels like Siberia here in Norfolk today. Christine.
SMW
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm not on the same holiday, but I'm in a similar situation as in May I'm going on my first holiday since my wife passed away last June. Hope you have a great holiday.

Steve

sontab
  • (Member)
(Member)
All you first timer "loners", I know exactly how you are feeling but you will love it. I went to China in September last year, first holiday on my own and had a fabulous time. Met lots of lovely people, one of whom has just been over from Ireland to stay for a few days and another joined us one evening for a meal. You won't be on your own for long. Enjoy.

Sonia

Malcolm Tall
(Member)
Looks like a good place to be on JY, I am taking the tame option for starters and lookinga t some sunshine and rest in Spain, probably June. If youa re representative then it sounds an ok idea to me. Thanks for psoting you guys.

Malcolm