Smallboy2
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
I have booked a trip a trip to Madeira, mid may of this year and alone for the first time ever, therefor a bit nervous about it, I would appreciate  any fellow travllier correspondance going on this trip or indeed has been before
Markbleach
(Newbie)
I'm a first timer as well, although I'm doing the Naples - Pompeii one. I'm sure you'll have a great time, my single friends assure me everybody is nervous on the first day. 🌞😊
JustDani
(Newbie)
Originally Posted by: Smallboy2 

I have booked a trip a trip to Madeira, mid may of this year and alone for the first time ever, therefor a bit nervous about it, I would appreciate  any fellow travllier correspondance going on this trip or indeed has been before

I have traveled to Madeira a few years ago. The ideal activities for spring could be to go hiking and exploring the countryside. Also, go to cities and explore without peak tourist crowds. I visited Madeira during autumn, where I went hiking and explored nature. If you’re going to do a little hiking, stick to marked trails, bring sufficient water, and tell someone of your hiking plans. The island’s weather can change quickly, so bring rain gear. Check path conditions and closures, keep away from risky paths during adverse weather, and comply with the Leave No Trace philosophy.

You can check out Parque Natural da Madeira, where you will discover the largest laurel forest in the world. You can also enjoy the beach at Porto Santo Beach on a small island in the Madeira archipelago with crystal-clear waters.

HelenL
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am on the same trip and will be flying from Bristol. 

I have been on many JY holidays, this  will be my second this year. Put the JY label on your hand luggage which identifies you at the airport to fellow travellers. The first trip can seem daunting, but everything is arranged for you and you are part of the group - there is always someone to talk to, but if you prefer some privacy that is fine too.

I was thinking of doing this trip later in the year but picked the May dates as there is the Flower Festival (2-26 May).

I have booked the 3 optional excursions. 

Looking forward to meeting you in May on the tour.

Regards

Helen