Country-girl
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi

ive never joined a holiday group before but really want to travel, meet new friends and enjoy the world. 

ROSE19999
(Newbie)
Do it, you won't regret it! Just find somewhere that you'd love to visit and book it. You'll probably have a few nerves nearer the time but you'll find yourself with a group of people who are in the same boat, so there's nothgin to worry about. I did my first solo trip in 2016 and haven't looked back, I'm still friends with a couple of ladies who I met on teat frist trip!
Debbie Peters
(Member)
Hi!  

Not a holiday group but a company selling trips for solo travellers.  You can go wherever you want ... it's down to you.  Everyone has to have a first time for travelling alone.  The vast majority keep on doing it!   

sheryl
(Member)
Hello Country Girl - you didnt leave your name,

I too really want to travel and book a group solo holiday and maybe meet new friends, but as this would be my first time, feel a bit nervous and worried about going alone.  Ideally, it would be reassuring to chat to someone going on the same trip and possibly say hi at the airport this end. Where would you like to travel, would it be from Heathrow?  

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi. Best advice I can offer is... choose a place that you really want to go to... I chose Borneo for my first solo holiday.

That way, you are achieving your personal ambition and also travelling with others with a similar mindset. You'll have at least one thing in common!

the holidays I've been on are full of experiences and well worth the step

Enjoy!

Sue

VivienL
(Member)
Hi there, I chose my 1st holiday just over 5 years ago.  Best thing I ever did.  Chose an all-inclusive holiday so that I wouldn't have to worry about meals etc.  Also went on all the trips, even those I didn't think I would enjoy and it was great.  Even though I continue to travel alone, I still worry about what ifs but it usually turns out for the best.  Go for it and have a great time.  
alylee1
(Member)
Hi! Have booked the Borneo trip for next year and have a few questions.

Do you need any jabs or anti malaria meds?

What clothing and footwear do you recommend for the rainforest?

How physical is the trekking?

Hope you can help. Thanks !

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

you'll LOVE Borneo 🤗. You can phone your gp surgery for updates to your jabs. They'll have the up to date advice. I had Dip tet polio and was offered a rabies course. No malaria risk when I went but do check.

I wore long lightweight, easy dry trousers and quick dry t shirts for the jungle

and always take a pac a Mac as there can be sudden downpours. Plus a hat. Trainers were fine for rainforest and jungle. If you are reasonably fit and mobile, the rainforest walk is easy. It's very warm and humid which I love but there are mosquitos so I sprayed myself with Jungle Formula. It kept the mossies away.

Enjoy!! It's wonderful

alylee1
(Member)
Thanks Sue, that's really helpful. Cannot wait!! Wish it was this year! What should I take in terms of cash/ currency?
Dawn1980
(Member)
Hello 

I just wanted to jump on your post to say I am a first time traveller and very nervous. I am off to Canada and New England in the fall on 2nd October. If you choose this one it would be great to meet at Heathrow. Kind regards Dawn 

Karen Howard
(Newbie)
Hi I'm Karen 

Doing  my first solo holiday in November on trip to India (Spirit of India) a little nervous but I'm sure I'll enjoy meeting new people and will have an amazing time 

karen

Debbie Peters
(Member)
Hi Karen ... great attitude to have.  Everyone gets nervous about their first time travelling solo, but nobody can do it for you!  You will enjoy and meet lots of lovely people.  
Jools64
(Newbie)
Hi I'm Julie,

Took the plunge and I'm taking my first Just You trip to Sardinia on 9th May. Excited and nervous all rolled into one 😂

LOUISE.
(Member)
Hi Country Girl

Hi and to all the other newbies thinking about a trip. I was like you - debating shall I go or not go on a trip. Well I'm glad I did because I've been on 4 trips and another planned for June. I've had amazing holidays and the people on the trips are so friendly. It's natural to be nervous like I was, but it's worth the extra push and just book it. Life is too short. Louise

Mags1967
(Newbie)
Hi, I'm Mags and I'm going on my first trip to Sicily in May.   Bit apprehensive but really looking forward to it.   If it all goes well I've already marked in the brochure where to go next.