anita23
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi was just hoping for a bit of guidance do we need to do anything regarding travel Visa  or do you do it all for us.  I travel 24th September  and getting really excited just read on here about the travel plugs it’s ace what information we can pick up thank you 

Anita

JillSheffield
(Member)
'anita23' wrote:

Hi was just hoping for a bit of guidance do we need to do anything regarding travel Visa  or do you do it all for us.  I travel 24th September  and getting really excited just read on here about the travel plugs it’s ace what information we can pick up thank you 

Anita

Anita You definately need a ETA ( Electronic Travel Autorisation) to enter Canada . You cannot get into the country without it but I would have thought Just You would  have told you this ?? I would definately check with them.

andydurrant
(Member)
I assume for Canada you have to apply for an ESTA which covers both the US and Canada, and when I last had one was valid for two years, unless that has changed since.
Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'anita23' wrote:

Anita

Anita,

You apply for ESTA online at least two weeks before the departure. It is very easy, simple and quick.

I am going on 6th September.

Dyuti

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Anita,

Sorry, but Andy and Dyuti are incorrect about applying for an ESTA. Many people mix up the Canadian eTA with the American ESTA which, considering the names, is not surprising. The ESTA is for a visit to the USA only (valid for 2 years), the eTA for a visit to Canada. An American ESTA will NOT gain you entry into Canada.

Cheers

Mike

anita23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Thank wrote:

'anita23' wrote:

Anita

Anita You definately need a ETA ( Electronic Travel Autorisation) to enter Canada . You cannot get into the country without it but I would have thought Justbyounwould have told you this ?? I would definately check with them

Thank you that great I get on with it ?

anita23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dyuti' wrote:

'anita23' wrote:

Anita

Anita,

You apply for ESTA online at least two weeks before the departure. It is very easy, simple and quick.

Dyuti

anita23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'mikew' wrote:

Hello Anita,

Sorry, but Andy and Dyuti are incorrect about applying for an ESTA. Many people mix up the Canadian eTA with the American ESTA which, considering the names, is not surprising. The ESTA is for a visit to the USA only (valid for 2 years), the eTA for a visit to Canada. An American ESTA will NOT gain you entry into Canada.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for that Mike when I went on line I sort it out now thanks would of hated to get there r and they would not let me in again thank you

JillSheffield
(Member)
'anita23' wrote:

'Dyuti' wrote:

'anita23' wrote:

Anita

Anita,

Dyuti

The ESTA IS NOT the same as the ETA for Canada . You can apply for it on line but make sure you use the official  Canada. Gov travel advice . It explains it there . Also make sure you use the official website as there are a lot of scam sites Anita .

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am really surprised the JY are not giving the travellers this information. Other tour companies do.

Kind regards

Jaya

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya

I hope you enjoyed your recent Just You holiday.

Just You actually goes much further in offering travel advice than many other travel companies,

On every destination page and on the main home page we have an online portal which gives all of the information you will require in terms of visa requirements, health requirements and other guidance. It is a really useful tool that is constantly updated and gives links to country websites where you can find the latest information.

https://www.justyou.co.uk/information/travel-requirements-visa-service/ 

Kind regards

Matt

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would agree that JY do give customers all the necessary information regarding travel & visa requirements on the respective destination page. This includes travel restrictions for unvaccinated travellers, Covid-19 testing requirements and any other documents required to enter your country of choice. There is also additional advice about mask wearing in public places.

In the specific case of Canada there is a link under the heading ‘visa requirements’ to apply for the eTA, but unfortunately some incorrect advice given by people in response to questions asked on the forum has perhaps caused a little confusion.

But all in all, the information supplied by JY under the appropriate ‘travel and visa requirements’ section is very clear and detailed and I commend them on this.

Mike

anita23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi ? well getting really excited I am off to Canada on September 24 th  just hoping does anyone  know about mobile phones how best to use them and is it expensive to use mine whilst I am there .

Also anybody else going on the same trip ? 

Thanks x

Peter G
(Member)
'anita23' wrote:

Hi ? well getting really excited I am off to Canada on September 24 th  just hoping does anyone  know about mobile phones how best to use them and is it expensive to use mine whilst I am there .

Thanks x

Hi . I am flying to Toronto on September 24th from Heathrow at 1705. Checking back on your posts I see you are going on the Rocky Mountaineer trip but I am on Canada and New England in the Fall. I believe that mobile phone charges abroad depend on which provider you are with.

I have obtained my ETA  for entry,have a Covid pass and now have to sort out the arriveCAN app to submit the info.I understand that I do not need an ESTA for entry to the USA as entry will be via a land crossing not air.

Have a good time.

anita23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Peter G' wrote:

'anita23' wrote:

Thanks x

Hi . I am flying to Toronto on September 24th from Heathrow at 1705. Checking back on your posts I see you are going on the Rocky Mountaineer trip but I am on Canada and New England in the Fall. I believe that mobile phone charges abroad depend on which provider you are with.

I have obtained my ETA  for entry,have a Covid pass and now have to sort out the arriveCAN app to submit the info.I understand that I do not need an ESTA for entry to the USA as entry will be via a land crossing not air.

Have a good time.

Hi Pete sounds a good trip yes got all my paper work done now and downloaded my. ArrivCan really easy the parts you can do now flight information you can’t do yet . 

You have a great time Anita x

NikLivers
(Newbie)
Hello.

I have just booked this trip and am very excited 

Onwards
(Newbie)
Has anyone been on the Rockies winter wonderland please? JY or Travelsphere

im looking for help with insurance 

Thanks

igosolo
(Newbie)
The Rockies in the fall should be stunning.

As for mobile phones, most US providers like AT&T let you use your phone there for a small daily fee. Usually cheaper to get a local Canadian SIM though.