Wight shorty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked this trip leaving Heathrow on 23 Sept, it is my first trip abroad on my own! and my first trip with Just You. Is anyone else on this trip? Be nice to talk with other people who are on the same trip.
Vickie
(Member)
Hi Wight Shorty,

Welcome to Just You! Thanks for booking with us, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic trip 🙂

There are 12 people booked on this trip so far so you will have plenty of company. I'm sure your fellow travellers will chat to you on here before you go, but if you have any queries please feel free to ask!

Many thanks,

Vickie

Wight shorty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, I  am very excited and nervous about my first trip abroad on my own any help in what to pack would be great. Is it cold or warm in Canada in the fall? I would like to hear from people who have been on this trip before to tell me what to expect from this trip. Also to hear from anyone else on the holiday with me would be nice. Thanks
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I have done 2 fall tours over the years with JY, Boston New England and New York, and also a USA tour which did included Canada. So I am not sure if this is the tour you are doing, both times I opted for September, both times although I saw some fall colours they were not in full colour. Also I had booked to go up the CN tower but due to weather conditions it wasn’t good visibility so we didn’t go up it in the end. Can I suggest you take clothes that you can layer up or down, a fleece comes in handy as do scarfe and gloves, comfy walking shoes are a must! People don’t DRESS up, I tend to go smart casual. You will spend many hours on a coach, so you want to be comfy keep getting on and off, I am more than happy to sit in my own on a coach and chill out, others like to be sat talking to someone all the time. I take a small note pad in my bag, as often the tour manager will give out time of meeting up or the leaving hotel, or other bits of information. I have travelled with JY since 2006 And have travelled the world and see amazing sights and met so many interesting people.

Just see and do all you can.

Any specific questions just ask.

Cindy

Wight shorty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Hi,

I have done 2 fall tours over the years with JY, Boston New England and New York, and also a USA tour which did included Canada. So I am not sure if this is the tour you are doing, both times I opted for September, both times although I saw some fall colours they were not in full colour.  Also I had booked to go up the CN tower but due to weather conditions it wasn’t good visibility so we didn’t go up it in the end. Can I suggest you take clothes that you can layer up or down, a fleece comes in handy as do scarfe and gloves, comfy walking shoes are a must! People don’t DRESS up, I tend to go smart casual. You will spend many hours on a coach, so you want to be comfy keep getting on and off, I am more than happy to sit in my own on a coach and chill out, others like to be sat talking to someone all the time. I take a small note pad in my bag, as often the tour manager will give out time of meeting up or the leaving hotel, or other bits of information. I have travelled with JY since 2006 And have travelled the world and see amazing sights and met so many interesting people.

Just see and do all you can.

Any specific questions just ask.

Cindy

Wight shorty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, I was just interested in how many people were on same trip as myself [ Canada in the fall] leaving 23rd September returning on 4th October and it would be nice to say hello to anyone on this trip. Thanks Kevin
Chris@123
(Member)
'Wight shorty' wrote:

Hello, I was just interested in how many people were on same trip as myself [ Canada in the fall] leaving 23rd September returning on 4th October and it would be nice to say hello to anyone on this trip. Thanks Kevin

Hi Kevin

I’m also booked on this trip. It would be good to know updated numbers now we’re getting closer to departure and maybe Vickie could update us.

I look forward to catching up at the airport 

Chris

(Member)
Hi Chris,

There are currently 28 people booked on this tour 🙂

thanks,

Jamie