stevep1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

on the Canada trip can you book the optional trips while you are there or do you have to book before you go (Rockie helicopter trip)

Cheers

Steve

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve,

There are several excursions that you can book before you leave the UK and then there are a couple which you are only able to book when you are overseas. The following excursions can only be booked when you are in Canada:

Banff Gondola

Enjoy stunning views of the town of Banff as you travel up the mountain in a small gondola. Experience the aerial view of the Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls and keep your eyes peeled for the bears that roam in this area.

Rockies Helicopter flight

To really appreciate the Canadian Rockies, take an unforgettable helicopter ride over the majestic Sundance Mountain Range to give you a birds eye view of the snow covered peaks. The breathtaking views will stay with you for a long time after the holiday has ended!

Athabasca Glacier Ice Explorer

This unique trip takes you on to the Athabascar Glacier in one of the specially built Ice Explorer vehicles. With expert driver/guides, experience the thrill of going on to the glacier in one of these giant vehicles. Don’t worry about walking on the ice; it’s as deep as the Eiffel Tower is high!!

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi those optionals sound fantastic and are making me think I should look seriously at this holiday for next year! I hope Will and the team keep on the trip on the Rocky Mountaineer for next year's itinerary!

Best wishes,

Bob

stevep1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Steve,

There are several excursions that you can book before you leave the UK and then there are a couple which you are only able to book when you are overseas. The following excursions can only be booked when you are in Canada:

Banff Gondola

Enjoy stunning views of the town of Banff as you travel up the mountain in a small gondola. Experience the aerial view of the Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls and keep your eyes peeled for the bears that roam in this area.

Rockies Helicopter flight

To really appreciate the Canadian Rockies, take an unforgettable helicopter ride over the majestic Sundance Mountain Range to give you a birds eye view of the snow covered peaks. The breathtaking views will stay with you for a long time after the holiday has ended!

Athabasca Glacier Ice Explorer

This unique trip takes you on to the Athabascar Glacier in one of the specially built Ice Explorer vehicles. With expert driver/guides, experience the thrill of going on to the glacier in one of these giant vehicles. Don’t worry about walking on the ice; it’s as deep as the Eiffel Tower is high!!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia

It looks like the main ones such as the Helicopter & the Gondola are booked while you are there.

Thanks again

Steve

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob, between you, me and the rest of the Just You Community, JY Will and his team are planning on including this trip in 2016.

Steve, not a problem - if you have any more questions please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Julia

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
this is so unfair... to many choices for me next year and this is added to the list!! so many fantasic holidays!