Littlepaul66
(Member)
Hi Julia

A city it would like to visit for a short break is Dublin. Not too sure if JY have been there before. Great city for music and food and the Irish people are great too.

Paul

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul

Seeing as I'm from Dublin, many thanks for the thumbs up! Good idea for a city break, something different as it's out of the UK and yet not far for anyone to travel - great idea! If JY do decide to go with a Dublin city break, I suggest they include the Viking Splash Tour of the city, very informative and great fun - you get Viking helmuts to wear, the commentary is hilarious and you're encouraged to roar at rival tour buses as you pass! The Guinness Storehouse is worth a visit and of course there are plenty of good traditional pubs to visit and places of interest - cathedrals, Trinity College and more...

Cheers,

Bob

Littlepaul66
(Member)
Hi Bob

Thanks for your comments on my suggestion for a Dublin City Break. Maybe you should apply to be a tour guide for the trips.

Paul

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Paul

Seeing as I'm from Dublin, many thanks for the thumbs up! Good idea for a city break, something different as it's out of the UK and yet not far for anyone to travel - great idea! If JY do decide to go with a Dublin city break, I suggest they include the Viking Splash Tour of the city, very informative and great fun - you get Viking helmuts to wear, the commentary is hilarious and you're encouraged to roar at rival tour buses as you pass! The Guinness Storehouse is worth a visit and of course there are plenty of good traditional pubs to visit and places of interest - cathedrals, Trinity College and more...

Cheers,

Bob

I've been to Dublin a couple of times and it is a great City, did most of the tourist trail, Guiness House, drinking all the pints left by Americans who didn't like it!, Trinity, Temple Bar, etc. Unfortunately now, it seems to have been invaded by lots of stag/hen parties.... bring back the Vikings!

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Good afternoon all,

I've been asked by one of our lovely product creators to pose a question to the wider Just You Community. From the list below, which three appeal to you the most? Please note: that none of these itineraries are set in stone and are subject to change.

Cardiff

Cardiff Castle, The Millennium Stadium, St Fagans - Natural History Museum of Wales

Nice

Nice is a classy city, cultured, Promenade des Anglais, Old Town (Vieux Nice), bars, restaurants and play-ground for the rich and famous!

Bordeaux

Bordeaux, city of culture, offers a range of events and incomparable shows all year long! Contemporary Arts Museum, Wine Tasting, Cathedral,

Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne River in southwestern France and is the ninth largest city in France.

Barcelona

A great city influenced by the work of the architect Antonio Gaudi. Admire his unique and distinctive style among the towering spires of the Sagrada Familia before strolling through medieval alleyways and climbing the Montjuic hill for stunning views. And not forgetting a stroll down Las Ramblas, the vibrant promenade which cute through the heart of the city.

We also include a day trip to the famous cliff-side monastery of Montserrat, Catalonia’s holiest place and home to around 80 Benedictine monks.

Budapest

One of Europe’s most beautiful cities, Budapest is divided into historical Buda and modern Pest by the River Danube and there is plenty of time to explore both halves of the city. See Millennium Monument on Heores Square in Pest, the opera house and the neo-Gothic Parliament en route to Castle hill. From the top there are sweeping views of the Chain bridge, parliament buildings and the Danube across to Pest. Matthias Church and the Fisherman’s Bastion are also among the must-see sights. Take to the water for a cruise on the Danube with included lunch and of course no visit to Budapest is complete without a visit to one of the famous Ottoman baths.

Milan

Fashion capitol of Italy, home to La Scala Opera House, Leonardo da Vinci's famous fresco "The Last Supper" and to 2 of Italy's most famous football teams - Inter and AC Milan.

A chance to soak up the style and shop till you drop. Included introduction to the city with a local guide visiting Leonardo's fresco and seeing La Scala Opera House amongst its other landmarks.

Shanghai

Cosmopolitan city, far more westernised than other Chinese cities and therefore easier to navigate.

We include a certain amount of sightseeing, Jade Buddha temple and Yu Yuan gardens as part of an included city tour. Centrally located hotel is important to reach the bund on foot

Maybe a colonial style dinner on the Bund as an idea – building such as the Peace hotel are pretty amazing.

Great optionals such as a river cruise - especially a night Cruise as Pudong and the Bund are spectacular at night.

Water towns excursion and Silk factory visit with lunch

Hong Kong

Also a cosmopolitan city, a half day city tour could be included.

Well located hotel but could offer a variety of hotel standards. Range of optionals such as Lantau, Macau and city harbour cruise by night

Very easy to navigate around the city both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon

Reply to this thread, have your say and let us know what you think!

Kindest regards,

Julia

1.Nice

2.Bordeaux

3.Barcelona

4. (Reserve) Milan.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Funny you should say that, I've just ordered the new series on the Vikings from Amazon, getting back to my roots!

Cheers,

Bob

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Seem to remember that there was a tour to Dublin and Belfast in 2012 to mark the Titanic centenary. Could not go on it at the time, would like to though :)

Jan.

Dot Boyd
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Good afternoon all,

I've been asked by one of our lovely product creators to pose a question to the wider Just You Community. From the list below, which three appeal to you the most? Please note: that none of these itineraries are set in stone and are subject to change.

Cardiff

Cardiff Castle, The Millennium Stadium, St Fagans - Natural History Museum of Wales

Nice

Nice is a classy city, cultured, Promenade des Anglais, Old Town (Vieux Nice), bars, restaurants and play-ground for the rich and famous!

Bordeaux

Bordeaux, city of culture, offers a range of events and incomparable shows all year long! Contemporary Arts Museum, Wine Tasting, Cathedral,

Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne River in southwestern France and is the ninth largest city in France.

Barcelona

A great city influenced by the work of the architect Antonio Gaudi. Admire his unique and distinctive style among the towering spires of the Sagrada Familia before strolling through medieval alleyways and climbing the Montjuic hill for stunning views. And not forgetting a stroll down Las Ramblas, the vibrant promenade which cute through the heart of the city.

We also include a day trip to the famous cliff-side monastery of Montserrat, Catalonia’s holiest place and home to around 80 Benedictine monks.

Budapest

One of Europe’s most beautiful cities, Budapest is divided into historical Buda and modern Pest by the River Danube and there is plenty of time to explore both halves of the city. See Millennium Monument on Heores Square in Pest, the opera house and the neo-Gothic Parliament en route to Castle hill. From the top there are sweeping views of the Chain bridge, parliament buildings and the Danube across to Pest. Matthias Church and the Fisherman’s Bastion are also among the must-see sights. Take to the water for a cruise on the Danube with included lunch and of course no visit to Budapest is complete without a visit to one of the famous Ottoman baths.

Milan

Fashion capitol of Italy, home to La Scala Opera House, Leonardo da Vinci's famous fresco "The Last Supper" and to 2 of Italy's most famous football teams - Inter and AC Milan.

A chance to soak up the style and shop till you drop. Included introduction to the city with a local guide visiting Leonardo's fresco and seeing La Scala Opera House amongst its other landmarks.

Shanghai

Cosmopolitan city, far more westernised than other Chinese cities and therefore easier to navigate.

We include a certain amount of sightseeing, Jade Buddha temple and Yu Yuan gardens as part of an included city tour. Centrally located hotel is important to reach the bund on foot

Maybe a colonial style dinner on the Bund as an idea – building such as the Peace hotel are pretty amazing.

Great optionals such as a river cruise - especially a night Cruise as Pudong and the Bund are spectacular at night.

Water towns excursion and Silk factory visit with lunch

Hong Kong

Also a cosmopolitan city, a half day city tour could be included.

Well located hotel but could offer a variety of hotel standards. Range of optionals such as Lantau, Macau and city harbour cruise by night

Very easy to navigate around the city both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon

Reply to this thread, have your say and let us know what you think!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Barcelona

Nice

Milan

Mdol
  • (Member)
(Member)
Anyone going to New York on 19th September?
JemmaJuly
(Member)
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Budapest, Barcelona, Nice. Shanghai and Hong Kong are also appealing, but a bit too far for a City Break.

Jaya

Mary Beverley
(Member)
All the B's as I haven't been to Barcelona or Budapest and Bordeaux is great for the food and wine. Not sure if Justyou ever visit Tallin or Riga... both worth going to but mid week to Riga to avoid stags and hens!
Alison O
(Member)
Nice, Milan and Hong Kong are places i'd like to go. Although Hong Kong looks brilliant in the brochure it's too far to travel for a city break.
Kezzer46
(Member)
To add another B... I would love a trip to Bavaria with a visit to Neuschwanstein Castle amongst other things. Its been on my wish list for years but I've still never made it there to date.

Kezzer

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kezzer

Neuschwanstein Castle is really beautiful. I have seen it years ago - trip from Austrian Tyrol.

Jaya

JR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lois' wrote:

My 3 choices would be Milan, Shanghai and Nice in that order.

Lois

My choices would be - Bordeaux , Nice & Milan

pat534
  • (Member)
(Member)
would love any so long as I can fly from local airport.too expensive if have to go via London