pat534
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am interested but only if direct flights from Manchester. Travelling South adds a lot to the cost of a short break.
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Julia

My choice is:

1. Cardiff (not popular with others but the capital city of my late parents)

2. Barcelona

3. Milan

Sylvia

Marion F
(Member)
Barcelona and Budapest, and what about Berlin? I agree with AnnF that Shanghai and Hong Kong would be better combined with a long haul holiday.

Marion

Marion F
(Member)
Oops sorry, I see you've already got Berlin in the brochure. Bordeaux as my other choice then.

Marion

Magbod60
(Member)
My choices would be Bordeaux, Nice and Budapest but also only if the departures were from Manchester as it would not be viable if I had to also pay for overnight accommodation in London if flights were early departures or late returns.
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Idea of Nova Scotia sounds great.

It would have to be Bordeaux, Barcelona and Budapest. Not been to any of these 🙂

Skye
  • (Member)
(Member)
Nice and Milan for me, done all the rest. Like the idea of Nova Scotia, or how about Toronto? LOvely city, easy to walk around, close to Niagara Falls.
DAFFIEGIRL
(Member)
Bordeax and Budapest for me, if Stansted flights are avaiable. Would also need to be at least four days in resort.
Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Short haul like Nice or Barcelona. Long haul wouldn't really work for a short break. Did one of my visits to New York as a short break and it was too much of a rush to enjoy.
CarolineTaylor
(Member)
1. Milan

2. Budapest

3. Hong kong

SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

I'd go for:-

Budapest

Milan

Barcelona

Regards Sue

Florette
(Member)
JR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Good afternoon all,

I've been asked by one of our lovely product creators to pose a question to the wider Just You Community. From the list below, which three appeal to you the most? Please note: that none of these itineraries are set in stone and are subject to change.

Cardiff

Cardiff Castle, The Millennium Stadium, St Fagans - Natural History Museum of Wales

Nice

Nice is a classy city, cultured, Promenade des Anglais, Old Town (Vieux Nice), bars, restaurants and play-ground for the rich and famous!

Bordeaux

Bordeaux, city of culture, offers a range of events and incomparable shows all year long! Contemporary Arts Museum, Wine Tasting, Cathedral,

Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne River in southwestern France and is the ninth largest city in France.

Barcelona

A great city influenced by the work of the architect Antonio Gaudi. Admire his unique and distinctive style among the towering spires of the Sagrada Familia before strolling through medieval alleyways and climbing the Montjuic hill for stunning views. And not forgetting a stroll down Las Ramblas, the vibrant promenade which cute through the heart of the city.

We also include a day trip to the famous cliff-side monastery of Montserrat, Catalonia’s holiest place and home to around 80 Benedictine monks.

Budapest

One of Europe’s most beautiful cities, Budapest is divided into historical Buda and modern Pest by the River Danube and there is plenty of time to explore both halves of the city. See Millennium Monument on Heores Square in Pest, the opera house and the neo-Gothic Parliament en route to Castle hill. From the top there are sweeping views of the Chain bridge, parliament buildings and the Danube across to Pest. Matthias Church and the Fisherman’s Bastion are also among the must-see sights. Take to the water for a cruise on the Danube with included lunch and of course no visit to Budapest is complete without a visit to one of the famous Ottoman baths.

Milan

Fashion capitol of Italy, home to La Scala Opera House, Leonardo da Vinci's famous fresco "The Last Supper" and to 2 of Italy's most famous football teams - Inter and AC Milan.

A chance to soak up the style and shop till you drop. Included introduction to the city with a local guide visiting Leonardo's fresco and seeing La Scala Opera House amongst its other landmarks.

Shanghai

Cosmopolitan city, far more westernised than other Chinese cities and therefore easier to navigate.

We include a certain amount of sightseeing, Jade Buddha temple and Yu Yuan gardens as part of an included city tour. Centrally located hotel is important to reach the bund on foot

Maybe a colonial style dinner on the Bund as an idea – building such as the Peace hotel are pretty amazing.

Great optionals such as a river cruise - especially a night Cruise as Pudong and the Bund are spectacular at night.

Water towns excursion and Silk factory visit with lunch

Hong Kong

Also a cosmopolitan city, a half day city tour could be included.

Well located hotel but could offer a variety of hotel standards. Range of optionals such as Lantau, Macau and city harbour cruise by night

Very easy to navigate around the city both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon

Reply to this thread, have your say and let us know what you think!

Kindest regards,

Julia

I'd vote for Nice or Bordeaux

Bosuncat
(Member)
Milan, Budapest and Cardiff for me.

I was last in Milan 4 years ago visiting my friend who lives there and it's such an easy city to find your way round. Got to say though that you would be VERY lucky to see the stage at La Scala (we did for a very brief moment :thumbup:) but usually it is only the Museum you see which is really interesting, I was lucky enough to see The Last Supper too.

Steve1973
(Member)
Great to see a couple of destinations in France (Nice and Bordeaux) on the list of possibilities, as Italy seems to dominate the European JY holiday destinations at present (although I would welcome an opportunity to go to Milan!). Also good to see Hong Kong under consideration, as the options to go there with JY are rather limited at present. Barcelona as a destination in its own right would also be welcome!
sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

Browsing through the travel section of the newspaper reminded me of this thread. You don't have any holidays in Poland - how about Warsaw for a break? I was there in August 68, shortly after the Russian invasion of what was then Czechoslovakia, and would love to go back. The Old Town in particular is beautiful.

Sylvia

Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for remembering the thread and sharing your comments - as you know JY Will regularly checks in to the community and takes all your suggestions on board!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Yve
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

The city breaks I would choose are:

Milan

Budapest

Barcelona

Yve

Puer aeternus
(Member)
How about breaks to Cardiff, Aberwysthwith, Rhyl, Bangor?
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
From that list Shangai & Hong Kong I would consider doing but unsure i would travel all that way for a short break, now put them together and I'd be very interested.

The European cities I'd probably do idependantly (am doing Barcelona at end of this month).

Been looking at doing Nice sometime "playground to the rich and famous", just feel I'll fit in, lol.

Budapest is good, have done that but you need to include the Terror museum which gives the history of both the German & Soviet occupations. Its housed in the building that was used as the headquarters of both the German & Russian secret police.

There is a park on the outskirts called Momento Park where they have put all the statues from the russian occupation where all the other countries destroyed there.