Bach
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi can anyone tell me about the thirty day evisa to India and tips about when you applied before your departure from the UK.  Thanks Sue
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bach' wrote:

Hi can anyone tell me about the thirty day evisa to India and tips about when you applied before your departure from the UK.  Thanks Sue

Hi Sue,

I was in India both this year and last and did my e-visas online - can't remember when, but the important thing is to use the right website (or you will pay a lot more!). Go to the Foreign Office website www.gov.uk and then Foreign travel advice India etc. etc. You will have to upload your passport page and a photograph so allow enough time before you go to get these sorted.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

Bach
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

'Bach' wrote:

Hi Sue,

I was in India both this year and last and did my e-visas online - can't remember when, but the important thing is to use the right website (or you will pay a lot more!). Go to the Foreign Office website www.gov.uk and then Foreign travel advice India etc. etc. You will have to upload your passport page and a photograph so allow enough time before you go to get these sorted.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

The correct website to use is www.indianvisaonline.gov.in but as Hils rightly says, it’s worth confirming this on the FCO (Foreign & Commonwealth Office) website which I’m sure will provide a link.

There are now two new e-visa types, either a 30 day e-visa or a 1 year e-visa. You are unable to apply for the 30 day e-visa until one month prior to departure and the application process takes approximately 3 days. The e-visa is valid from your date of entry into India. The cost is $25, or $10 if your date of entry is between April 1st 2020 and 30th June 2020.

If you are planning to travel to India again within a year, the 1 year e-visa may be more suitable for you as it allows multiple entries into India. The cost of a 1 year tourist e-visa is $40 and is valid from the date of issue of the visa. Again, the application process takes approximately 3 working days and you should apply 5-6 weeks prior to departure.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mike

elvpak
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
I'm going to India in a couple of weeks and I did mine through Sherpa (JY's visa partner) and it came through very quickly!

For the "reference" section I just put the name of the hotel.