(Member)
Hi All,

I have passed your comments over to the documentation team and we will be reviewing the process. We are now aware that when you book online, there is not option to request documentation via the post - something we will be reviewing very soon.

Wanny, PaulineD, Saramai and Marion, I have changed your preferences on the system so you will receive all future documentation in the mail. If anyone else would like to change their preferences, please let me know or alternatively give us a call.

This certainly was not implemented as a cost cutting method and was actually based on the feedback we received from our customers wanting e-documents. However, we really do appreciate your feedback, it's so important to us and is will not go unnoticed.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Essa
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Monty.

I received my final holiday information for the Dubrovnik trip via email at the weekend.  First of all, as I have previously indicated it is not totally convenient for me to receive such important information this way as I do not have a printer but I have managed to arrange for a relative to print this out for me, and also my boarding passes.  However I do find it strange that JY have decided to do this given the fact that many people do not have access to printers, (I for example when I was at work was not allowed to access a printer, or the telephone, for personal use), or even  access to the internet at all.  Again I have noted that travellers have the option to ring JY to have the information sent on hard copy, and also to have their boarding passes printed for a small charge (no indication of the amount here, and also if you want to change your seat on what the charge will be, via Jet2, this is £7.50 extra, and should be made clear on the documentation). 

However, and most importantly, on reading through the information I have found it to be very sketchy compared with previous years of travelling with JY.  On all other trips that I have been on the excursions have ALL, including the included trips been marked as, Moderate Walking etc., to indicate what travellers are likely to expect.  There is also no indication on length of trips for the included excursions to Montenegro, (no indication of passports required and also Euros), Ston and the boat trip.  More importantly, (and for those that have already booked) the optional trip to Mostar is likely to be a long day, and I still do not feel that this should have been left to the last day, with the farewell meal in Dubrovnik straight afterwards.  That's just a personal opinion!

I notice that as usual that JY have included a lengthy guide to tipping though.  Again, fair enough, but I have usually found that people leave it to their own discretion.

Information about Croatia is usually included, but instead travellers are just pointed to a web link.  Again, if you do not have access to the internet that is hardly useful to those who haven't. 

My apologies for complaining,  but I find that this information has fallen short of the standard that I have expected from JY over the years.  I feel that it is important that as much information is included on the final documentation as possible, particularly given the fact that, as I have already stated, not everyone has access to the internet, whether at home, work etc, and given the fact that your office working hours have shrunk.

Hi Bosuncat

l totally agree with you, l only have a iPad & no printer so it will be difficult for me another reason l liked JY because it was the only holiday company that sent all by letter. l hate it being sent by email

Tessa

Kelv
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would also like to have my documents posted, would you please alter my preference? Thanks

(don't mind having them emailed as well)

Inspirational China, 2nd September.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
I personally do not have a problem with receiving documents by e-mail but I understand it may be difficult for some and it is good to know that the postal alternative still exists.

However, where oniine check in facility exists (and it doesn't very often with JY) can we be advised?.  I am going to Dubrovnik on 15th May and wouldn't have known about the need to check in online and print boarding passes if it weren't for this Forum. I have flown EasyJet before with JY and online check-in wasn't available then so it is not a case of knowing which airlines it can be used with. Grateful thanks to Bosuncat and others for the heads up. 

Online check in is a great saving on time at the airport and also a chance to get a preferred seat BUT Jet2 check in opens 28 days before the flight departure and JY don't send out final info until 2 weeks before so I rang the office and they gave me the necessary reference number to enable me to check in as soon as the option was available.  There weren't many seats left to choose from even at this early stage.

Is there any reason why the required reference number could not be e-mailed as soon as it is known?

Barb W
(Member)
Hi Monty

I would like to receive all documents including my Italian holiday in June through the post please

Many Thanks

Barbara

Avocet64
(Member)
Hi Monty

I have to admit I was not aware of the proposed documents by e-mail  until now as I don't read all threads and posts, I'm assuming that's how other people seem to know about it.  Having said that, I am almost sure I was asked if I wanted documents by e-mail or post when I booked, I certainly got my Confirmation Invoice by post, that was dated 12th March, so after the 1st March start date.

Like others,  I have no means of printing stuff off, and as I am expecting final documents within the next couple of weeks could you please check that I have been marked down as 'via post'.

Many thanks

Avocet

Paul_W
(Member)
Hi Monty

Please pass on to the documentation team my thanks for (at last!) reducing (if only slightly) the amount of documents (often duplicated when changes are made) posted to us.  I  have complained for years to JY and Travelsphere about this waste.  One person's "cost cutting" is another person's entirely justified saving.  Can I opt to have all documents emailed, please?

Regards

Paul

PaulineD
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi All,

I have passed your comments over to the documentation team and we will be reviewing the process. We are now aware that when you book online, there is not option to request documentation via the post - something we will be reviewing very soon.

Wanny, PaulineD, Saramai and Marion, I have changed your preferences on the system so you will receive all future documentation in the mail. If anyone else would like to change their preferences, please let me know or alternatively give us a call.

This certainly was not implemented as a cost cutting method and was actually based on the feedback we received from our customers wanting e-documents. However, we really do appreciate your feedback, it's so important to us and is will not go unnoticed.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Thank you Monty

PaulineD

(Member)
Hi All,

Tessa - would you like me to change your preferences so you receive information through the post?

Kelv and BarbW - I have changed your preferences so you will both receive documentation via the post in the future.

Jonah - That's a great question. We do aim to send out documentation between 28- 21 days before departure, so you receive the final documents that has all the details you need, shortly after online check opens. I will however, raise this with the documentation team to see if we can accommodate sending check in details earlier.

Avocet - As far as I can see you were already set up to be sent all documentation in the post, so all should be in order for future mailings.

Paul - Thank you for reassurance, it's great to hear that you like the new email process. I have doubled checked the system and you are set up to receive information via email.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'jonah' wrote:

I personally do not have a problem with receiving documents by e-mail but I understand it may be difficult for some and it is good to know that the postal alternative still exists.

However, where oniine check in facility exists (and it doesn't very often with JY) can we be advised?.  I am going to Dubrovnik on 15th May and wouldn't have known about the need to check in online and print boarding passes if it weren't for this Forum. I have flown EasyJet before with JY and online check-in wasn't available then so it is not a case of knowing which airlines it can be used with. Grateful thanks to Bosuncat and others for the heads up. 

Online check in is a great saving on time at the airport and also a chance to get a preferred seat BUT Jet2 check in opens 28 days before the flight departure and JY don't send out final info until 2 weeks before so I rang the office and they gave me the necessary reference number to enable me to check in as soon as the option was available.  There weren't many seats left to choose from even at this early stage.

Is there any reason why the required reference number could not be e-mailed as soon as it is known?

I agree re the online check in Jonah.  I only found out about it by chance pre receiving my documentation.  I think it is the first time that I have found with JY that I COULD check in online.  Jet2 had stuck me in a middle seat on one of the journeys, so I have had to pay the extra to change, but that is their policy not Just You's so I have had to "bite the bullet".   Thank you for your thanks.  🙂   Sometimes I think I am being too pernicity with information but if it helps other users then I just think all to the good.  Enjoy your holiday!

Avocet64
(Member)
Thanks for checking Monty, I thought I had been asked but just wanted confirmation.  Two or three people have mentioned JY had announced the change to e-mail documentation, can you tell me when and how this was done as it's something I had completely missed, luckily my Holiday Advisor was on the ball and asked my preference.

Kind regards 

Avocet

LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member)
Hi Monty,

As I have a printer at home I'm quite happy to receive any documents by email and print them off as necessary, but with my Wild Borneo/Singapore trip coming up next month I would prefer getting the final documents with the luggage labels in the post as well as email. I can't see luggage labels printed on ordinary paper surviving the long journey!!

Hello to all fellow travellers on next month's trip - getting very excited 🙂

Lynda

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'jonah' wrote:

I agree re the online check in Jonah.  I only found out about it by chance pre receiving my documentation.  I think it is the first time that I have found with JY that I COULD check in online.  Jet2 had stuck me in a middle seat on one of the journeys, so I have had to pay the extra to change, but that is their policy not Just You's so I have had to "bite the bullet".   Thank you for your thanks.  🙂   Sometimes I think I am being too pernicity with information but if it helps other users then I just think all to the good.  Enjoy your holiday!

Please carry on being pernickety Bosuncat.  Hope you have a great holiday too and look forward to the reviews.

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Monty/Julia,

Please can I have all my final documents by post as well as email.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Hils

(Member)
Hi Hils,

I have changed your preferences so you will now receive all information by post. Unfortunately we can't specify which documents are sent via the post or mail.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Monty,

I might be having a mad moment - but I just printed out an extra copy of the final documentation to give to my Dad - and it doesn't seem to contain any details on the hotel? Can you confirm that we are staying in the Hotel Albatros in Cavtat and that the telephone number is +385 51 710 444?

Thanks

Kerry

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi

those middle seats are a nightmare which is why i try to check in online asap, mind be aware that this is not usually possible until 24 hrs before flight, Dave

(Member)
Hi Kerry,

That's right. On your trip to Dubrovnik, you will be staying in Hotel Albatros and that is the correct telephone number. I have double checked the documentation that was sent to you and the hotel information is on the last page, so you may have simply missed this page when printing.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Hils,

I have changed your preferences so you will now receive all information by post. Unfortunately we can't specify which documents are sent via the post or mail.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Monty,

Many thanks for organising this. I see that one of my fellow Borneo travellers for May has received their final documents by email today - when am I likely to receive them in the post?

Cheers,

Hils

Essa
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi All,

Tessa - would you like me to change your preferences so you receive information through the post?

Kelv and BarbW - I have changed your preferences so you will both receive documentation via the post in the future.

Jonah - That's a great question. We do aim to send out documentation between 28- 21 days before departure, so you receive the final documents that has all the details you need, shortly after online check opens. I will however, raise this with the documentation team to see if we can accommodate sending check in details earlier.

Avocet - As far as I can see you were already set up to be sent all documentation in the post, so all should be in order for future mailings.

Paul - Thank you for reassurance, it's great to hear that you like the new email process. I have doubled checked the system and you are set up to receive information via email.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Monty

l did ring up to ask if l could have  my documents sent by post. So yes please if you could check. Thank you. 

Tessa