Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty.

I received my final holiday information for the Dubrovnik trip via email at the weekend.  First of all, as I have previously indicated it is not totally convenient for me to receive such important information this way as I do not have a printer but I have managed to arrange for a relative to print this out for me, and also my boarding passes.  However I do find it strange that JY have decided to do this given the fact that many people do not have access to printers, (I for example when I was at work was not allowed to access a printer, or the telephone, for personal use), or even  access to the internet at all.  Again I have noted that travellers have the option to ring JY to have the information sent on hard copy, and also to have their boarding passes printed for a small charge (no indication of the amount here, and also if you want to change your seat on what the charge will be, via Jet2, this is £7.50 extra, and should be made clear on the documentation). 

However, and most importantly, on reading through the information I have found it to be very sketchy compared with previous years of travelling with JY.  On all other trips that I have been on the excursions have ALL, including the included trips been marked as, Moderate Walking etc., to indicate what travellers are likely to expect.  There is also no indication on length of trips for the included excursions to Montenegro, (no indication of passports required and also Euros), Ston and the boat trip.  More importantly, (and for those that have already booked) the optional trip to Mostar is likely to be a long day, and I still do not feel that this should have been left to the last day, with the farewell meal in Dubrovnik straight afterwards.  That's just a personal opinion!

I notice that as usual that JY have included a lengthy guide to tipping though.  Again, fair enough, but I have usually found that people leave it to their own discretion.

Information about Croatia is usually included, but instead travellers are just pointed to a web link.  Again, if you do not have access to the internet that is hardly useful to those who haven't. 

My apologies for complaining,  but I find that this information has fallen short of the standard that I have expected from JY over the years.  I feel that it is important that as much information is included on the final documentation as possible, particularly given the fact that, as I have already stated, not everyone has access to the internet, whether at home, work etc, and given the fact that your office working hours have shrunk.

(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

I am extremely sorry to hear this. We really appreciate your feedback and I passed this on the documentation team here at JYHQ. If you would prefer I can organise any further paperwork to be sent to you via the post? We do give our customers the option as to whether you want to receive information by post or email, and this would be at no additional charge.

In terms of the excursions and the intensity of the walking, we rarely include this on our included excursions, unless it is a walking tour, and they are usually only noted on the optional excursions.

I hope this helps. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

I am extremely sorry to hear this. We really appreciate your feedback and I passed this on the documentation team here at JYHQ. If you would prefer I can organise any further paperwork to be sent to you via the post? We do give our customers the option as to whether you want to receive information by post or email, and this would be at no additional charge.

In terms of the excursions and the intensity of the walking, we rarely include this on our included excursions, unless it is a walking tour, and they are usually only noted on the optional excursions.

I hope this helps. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Thanks for passing the information on Monty.  As I indicated on the previous thread I have never been asked if I require important documentation like this via email, and would not choose to.  As I have said because I have to check in online I shall have to get my relative to print those for me, but I just think it is a bit counter productive for JY to have to send the luggage labels out in the post and not the final documentation.

As for the other matter I do distinctly remember in the past getting information re the walking on optional excursions as well, and if I am wrong then it was certainly stated whether they were half, 3/4 or full day excursions, and any additional information required (such as passports or other currency required). 

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
nor do i have a printer or have any other means of using?! i did ring the office and they said that i dont need to print. so now im confused. needs printing or not as im really stuffed if it does...
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat and Wanny,

I can change this on our system today for you both, if you would prefer to receive information via post?

Wanny - Is this for your boarding card? If so, it is not necessary for you to print to this off if you are checking in at the airport.

Kindest regards,

Monty

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would think the easiest way to go would be to send documents out in the post, unless we the client request to receive documents via email...I would think more people would like it via the post than via email?

Just my thoughts !

Cindy

magpie10
(Member)
Hi,

Please could I ask JY to clarify the advice given to Wanny about not needing to print boarding passes off if checking-in at the airport as, according to the Jet2 website, there is a charge for this.

Check-in

On-line check-in

What if I have chosen on-line check-in but am unable to print my boarding card at home?

If you forget to check-in on-line prior to your departure, are unable to print your boarding card or lose your boarding card prior to arrival at check in you will be charged an administration fee on checking-in at the airport currently 17.50GBP / 26EUR / 700CZK / 105PLN / 28CHF. If you experience problems printing your boarding card or checking-in on-line, then please contact our Call Centre.

I think for the price we are paying for this holiday, the very least JY can do is provide us with boarding passes, especially if you are already posting JY tags out anyway. I have checked-in online and printed out my boarding passes, but I don't think JY should expect everyone to be able to do this.

Regards

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Monty. 

I have managed to send my holiday information and boarding passes on to my relative to print.  However I SHALL require printed information in future please.

Marion F
(Member)
Hi

I am also very disappointed at receiving final information by email.   As Bosun Cat says, this falls short of the service normally provided by JY.   It smacks of cost cutting.   There are many people who do not have access to a printer.   Although I do have a printer, I would much rather have the information sent to me by post.  

There is also a danger that information can go into a spam folder, even if you have JY as a contact, and vital information could be missed.

I hope that JY reverse this policy and will in future send ALL information by post.  

Marion

(Member)
Hi all,

You should have all been asked when booking whether you would like to receive your documents via email or post. Please let me know if this is not the case and I will raise it.

Bosuncat - I have changed your preference on your account so you will receive all future documentation via the post.

Magpie10 - We have selected online check in for all customers on Jet2 flights so that you can benefit from selecting your own seats, enter your own passport information etc when you check in online. As online check in has been selected on your trip there is likely to be a charge by the airline to check in at the airport (such as the cost details taken from the Jet2 website). If you do not have access to a printer or pc and would still wish to do online check in, I am advised that we can help you with it but there will be a small charge of £7.00 per person. Usually at least a week before departure needs to be factored in to the timings of this.

Wanny is booked on a British Airways flight on a different tour. The fee to check in at the airport will differ per airline and will depend if online check in is mandatory or not for those particular flights - this will be detailed in your final documents.

Marion – I can change the preference on your account too if you would prefer for your documents to be sent via the post, just confirm and I will so this ASAP.

I hope this makes it a little clearer for everyone. We certainly aren’t trying to make it hard for you and we do appreciate your feedback.

Kindest regards,

Monty

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone,

I don't have time to check back through old threads but I am sure that when it was announced that JY were changing to email for documents, that we were assured the final docs would still be sent by post along with the JY luggage tags etc?  Is that not the case?  I do think that at the very least the final documents, which have the codes for our flights etc should still be sent by post.  My preference would be to receive the final docs by both post and email, for safety's sake.  I am happy to receive holiday confirmation and subsequent docs by email but that doesn't mean that everyone else should have to if it is inconvenient for them!

Best wishes,

Bob

SKW2962
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi all,

You should have all been asked when booking whether you would like to receive your documents via email or post. Please let me know if this is not the case and I will raise it.

Bosuncat - I have changed your preference on your account so you will receive all future documentation via the post.

Magpie10 - We have selected online check in for all customers on Jet2 flights so that you can benefit from selecting your own seats, enter your own passport information etc when you check in online. As online check in has been selected on your trip there is likely to be a charge by the airline to check in at the airport (such as the cost details taken from the Jet2 website). If you do not have access to a printer or pc and would still wish to do online check in, I am advised that we can help you with it but there will be a small charge of £7.00 per person. Usually at least a week before departure needs to be factored in to the timings of this.

Wanny is booked on a British Airways flight on a different tour. The fee to check in at the airport will differ per airline and will depend if online check in is mandatory or not for those particular flights - this will be detailed in your final documents.

Marion – I can change the preference on your account too if you would prefer for your documents to be sent via the post, just confirm and I will so this ASAP.

I hope this makes it a little clearer for everyone. We certainly aren’t trying to make it hard for you and we do appreciate your feedback.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Monty,

As someone who would also like to receive posted rather than emailed documents, I have just been into my account to "change the preference", but can find no such option on any of the pages. Are you the only one who can amend the preference? If so, it could be a simple addition to our personal details page.

Also, you state "You should have all been asked when booking" - this doesn't help those that booked online and I don't recall seeing any boxes to tick/untick asking me which I preferred.

Sandy

jwb
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am expecting the final documentation in May for my holiday in June.

I can confirm that I was never asked about how I would like to receive my final documents either at time of booking or during any subsequent communication by phone or letter or email.

It does seem to me that the implementation of this new policy has been handled badly and a number of points come to mind.

1. The whole of the process does not appear to have been thought through and mapped out.

2. Personnel involved appear not to have received adequate training.

3. There does not appear to have been a check and balance element included in the process to ensure the process is working and effective.

4. It does not appear that your Customers have been adequately considered and consulted!

To my mind it appears to have been implemented in a less than professional manner and as a customer of several years leaves me dismayed.

As stated by a previous posting I have also looked at my account and kind find no mention of my preferences so as to update them.

I do feel that your company really does need to improve its back office processes and how they are developed.

John

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Monty for changing my preference.  My relative is currently having problems with printing out my final holiday information for me, but that may well be a glitch at his end.  I have received my luggage labels this morning.  Like Bob, I can't see why, if the luggage labels are being sent anyway, that we can't receive the final information in the post anyway.

I booked over the phone and was never asked for any preference.

Marion F
(Member)
Hi Monty

I was NOT asked when I booked, as to whether I would like to receive my documents by email or post.  The first I knew of it, was when I received an email from JY, titled 'Important information regarding your holiday documents', and stating that from 1st March 2016 all holiday information and documentation would be sent by email.  AT NO TIME WAS I GIVEN A CHOICE.  

I would be grateful if you would change the preference on my account to receive all documentation by post.

I hope that this won't mean that I now never receive any documentation at all!  

Thanks

Marion

Venetian
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi everyone,

I don't have time to check back through old threads but I am sure that when it was announced that JY were changing to email for documents, that we were assured the final docs would still be sent by post along with the JY luggage tags etc?  Is that not the case?  I do think that at the very least the final documents, which have the codes for our flights etc should still be sent by post.  My preference would be to receive the final docs by both post and email, for safety's sake.  I am happy to receive holiday confirmation and subsequent docs by email but that doesn't mean that everyone else should have to if it is inconvenient for them!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob

You are quite right, when JY announced the change to the e-mailing of all documentation they informed us that the luggage labels would be sent in the post.  I am off on a trip in a couple of weeks and can confirm that I contacted JY immediately upon receiving the e-mail only notification, and to be fair they responded immediately telling me I could have my documents sent in the post.  I was able to get online to check in with Easyjet but have had to go elsewhere to get the boarding pass printed out.  I have now received my labels and cannot help but wonder if they are posting these out why can't they enclose the final documentation at the same time? Surely it has to be MORE expensive for JY if they are e-mailing AND posting? :huh:  

Regards.

TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Monty

I booked in December and don't remember being asked how I want info being sent. As said previous you should choice on details to change preference. I have just found this on essential information. 

From the 1st March 2016 we are moving to electronic documentation for all new bookings made by telephone and your Confirmation Invoice, Holiday information and final documentation will all be sent to the email address that you have given us. If you require us to print out and post any of the documentation that could be sent to you by email there will be a £10 charge for this service.

A Confirmation Invoice will be emailed to you shortly after your booking is confirmed. The balance must be paid no later than 12 weeks before departure (4 weeks before departure for

Just You UK City Breaks and Just You UK Christmas Market breaks). The payment deadline will be clearly marked on your Confirmation Invoice along with details of how to pay on line at www.justyou.co.uk/payments.

Is Just You changing from a friendly holiday company to a money making one.

Yours 

Tony W :(

Saramai
(Member)
I'm not sure if I need to inform you but I definately want documents through the post not an e mail for my holiday to Japan in May.
PaulineD
(Member)
Hi Mony,

I would like to have my final documents sent out to me by post please.

I am on the Japan hoilday going in May.

Many Thanks.

PaulineD

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi monty, i would prefer to have mine in the post instead of email. would be a great help to me. thanks

Ann