BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty,

I just received the mini brochure entitled "Best of the Best" and I was very pleased to see that a number of tours have been reduced in price for 2016 - well done to JY and I hope you see an upsurge in bookings as a result!

Best wishes,

Bob

magpie10
(Member)
I'm not sure if I've received this brochure or not, but I did get the USA and Canada brochure and was so pleased to see the Canada and New England in the fall tour had been reduced - until I noticed the tour was for 2 days less and now doesn't include New York!! Very disappointed, I was hoping to do this tour next year, and was really looking forward to going to New York again, but I won't be considering it now, or may use a different tour company instead.

I'm all for JY reducing the prices, but not when they're reducing the holiday duration/content too. Hopefully you're right Bob, and JY have genuinely reduced some of their prices.

Regards

Caroline

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Caroline,

I agree about the New England tour - it's one I have my eye on to do in a few years and hopefully New York will be restored to the itinerary by then!

A couple of tours that have been reduced for 2016 (that I noticed, there may be others as well) are Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer (down £200 on all dates from the April brochure price), Japan Revealed (down £300 on 3 Sept and 8 Oct departures) and Amazing Australia (down £350 on 28 Sept and 9 Nov departures). If only JY hadn't cancelled the earlier Sept departure I might have dug deep into my savings and booked it but I can't make any of the other dates! In any case, well done to JY for reducing some dates at least. Here's hoping they can reduce the cost of other departures without shortening itineraries or compromising quality!

Best wishes,

Bob

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
PS I should also mention the Ultimate Polar Bear adventure has been reduced by a whopping £400 for the two 2016 dates. Book now before the prices go up again!!

Cheers,

Bob

JR
  • (Member)
(Member)
It looks as if other brochures or flyers have been sent out. Why is it then that I have never received anything for the last four years ? I have mentioned this to your advisors when booking,also to the tour manager on my holiday to Costa de la Luz, & a week ago I contacted JY via their web page. At least it would have been courteous to have a reply.I have been with JY for about ten years & have introduced several othersI also have two more holidays booked with you.. Do you not in fact want me to take any more holidays with JY?
(Member)
Hi JR,

Of course we want you to continue travelling with Just You!! I am so sorry about the brochures. I have just checked with Julia, you are on her special list which is checked when we send something out. We have not yet sent our new brochure to print - so don't worry, keep your eyes peeled for later on this month. There is always the website that you can refer to if you have any other problems.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Taffy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

As I'm considering Japan with the Hong Kong add on for next year I was delighted to see your comment about a price reduction

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Taffy,

Glad the post was helpful! I'd love to do the Japan tour but there are a couple of other ones ahead of it on my wish list - and seeing as I already have Mexico etc booked for next Feb, I can't afford to do Japan as well next year so it'll have to wait. Hope JY don't drop it in the meantime!

Hope you go and have a great time! But please write a full review if you do, it might move it up the bucket list!

Best wishes,

Bob