SHELLY 1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
So looking forward to two trips this year. At the moment sorting out multi trip insurance. Noted info about australia medicare card.Do i need one? Also wonder how many people are booked for austraila(nov) and sorrento(june)

Many thanks shelly 1

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shelly,

I've spoke to one of my colleague who looks after this just to check and she hadn't heard of the medicare card. When you take out travel insurance, subject to your policy, you should be entitled to healthcare in the countries that you travel.

As for the numbers currently travelling with you - the Sorrento trip in June is fully booked with 20 travellers.

Australia.... At the moment there are 5 of you on the main tour only, 2 on the main tour with New Zealand add-on, 4 on the main tour with Singapore pre-tour and New Zealand add-on and finally 4 on the main tour with Singapore pre-tour. With a few months to go before departure, I would expect these to change.

Kindest regards,

Julia

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Shelly

nice too hear from you again, just 198 days to go, its torture waiting i'm sure, hopefully the summer will pass quickly and i do have some summer events planned and you have sorrento to break the time up lucky you, i sure hope the numbers increase or we'll be stuck with a mini bus or taxi on tour lol, have booked my coach to Heathrow on the 13th, hopefully Julia in your experience you must be pretty confident at getting a few more on the aus tour over the coming months

Regards

Dave

AbbaDave
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Shelly,

I've spoke to one of my colleague who looks after this just to check and she hadn't heard of the medicare card. When you take out travel insurance, subject to your policy, you should be entitled to healthcare in the countries that you travel.

As for the numbers currently travelling with you - the Sorrento trip in June is fully booked with 20 travellers.

Australia.... At the moment there are 5 of you on the main tour only, 2 on the main tour with New Zealand add-on, 4 on the main tour with Singapore pre-tour and New Zealand add-on and finally 4 on the main tour with Singapore pre-tour. With a few months to go before departure, I would expect these to change.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

just trying to get my head round this, does this add up to 15 on the main aus tour, thsts not so bad then with plenty of time left for it to increase, regards dave

davidj
  • (Member)
(Member)
I looked into what you needed to get reciprocal health cover in Australia and I found that it was recommended to take your medical card. This is not your EHIC but a piece of card board with your NHS number on. If you do not have an up to date one phone your doctor and they will tell you where to ring. I got one within a few days.

Your NHS number is 10 digits and is now all numbers. If you find a card showing letters and numbers it is out of date and you need to get a new one.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave,

Yes - with all the various connotations, during the main tour there are currently 15 travellers in the group and there is still time for more to book. In answer to your question - I'm pretty confident we'll see more people book before the departure in November.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Never heard of a Australian Medicare card before, so not something I took when I went ..just the usual travel insurance.. I get a yearly one from the post office...

Cindy