Sue Southampton
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

I am afraid its the old chestnut. Having to have 2 cases is difficult. The one for the safari I am putting in a small suitcase, plus I have a largish camera bag for 2 cameras and other bits and pieces. What will they say about them both going on the plane. If the small suitcase goes in the luggage hold will I be able to get hold of it at Mombassa. I know the large suitcase will be taken to the hotel there.

I will ask on the customer page what others are doing, but I wanted to know what the official line is. It is not clear on any instructions we have received so far.

Thanks again for your help

Regards Sue

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

We ask that you bring two pieces of luggage for this holiday - a suitcase or bag for your time in Mombasa and a soft-sided holdall for the safari, as space is limited in the safari vehicles. A small suitcase might be OK for this part of the holiday. These can weigh up to 23kg combined. You will be able to get to get hold of your large suitcase at Mombasa before it goes to the hotel, so if you want to reorganise your bags, there will be time for this. Presumably you will be taking your camera bag on as hand luggage - if so, this can weigh up to 10kg.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Lindyloo1965
(Member)
Hopefully the last question re luggage Olly 🙂 ... Will the first luggage after the safari go with us onto the beach hotel..I'm assuming it will..? Thanks Linda
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Linda

Yes, that's right. You will have all your luggage with you in Mombasa.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor