Beesky
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

I'm off to China on Wednesday and in the pack I received with my luggage tags it says we are allowed 30kgs for checked luggage. But on Air China's website it says 20 kgs. Help! Which is right?

Many thanks 🙂

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Beesky

We have a special arrangement with Air China that means you can take 30kg, so don't worry about the limit advertised elsewhere.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Eileen L
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Beesky

We have a special arrangement with Air China that means you can take 30kg, so don't worry about the limit advertised elsewhere.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

As I am flying from Glasgow to Heathrow on April 25th to join fellow travellers to China although we can book 30kg with Air China I take it I must comply with British Airways limit. How many are booked on this trip,what are variations in age and male female split. How many are flying back to London without the cruise add on as I am doing and will we have a tour manager returning with us.

Kind Regards,

Eileen L

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Eileen

If you have booked a connecting flight, you will have to comply with the lower BA weight limit, unless you are happy to pay for excess baggage.

This trip is now fully booked with 39 people travelling - seven men and 32 women, with ages from late 30s to early 80s.

Twenty-four of you will be flying back after the main tour finishes and the tour manager John Drylie will be staying in China with the add-on group.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Eileen L
(Member)
Thanks Olly for your reply. I have another query.Flight back from China arrives Terminal 3 at 17.45 and my BA flight to Glasgow departs Terminal 5 at 21.00 A friend has told me that I will be neat for time collecting my luggage and getting to Terminal 5 in time for my onward flight. Do you think this is correct? If so or if Air China flight is late arriving and I miss connecting flight will I just be abandoned at Heathrow? Is it possible to get help from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5? On my downward journey I arrive in Heathrow from Glasgow at 14.05 and flight to China does not depart till 20.25 so I have plenty of time to find my way between Terminals! The airport is the only worry about my holiday as I am really looking forward to China. I have never changed terminals at Heathrow before and this is only my 2nd holiday on my own.

Regards,Eileen L

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Eileen

Don't worry too much about the flight back. In my opinion 3 hr 15 mins is a long time to collect your bags at Terminal 3 and board a flight at Terminal 5. My guess is that you'll have at least an hour spare and probably more. I'm checking with a colleague about what happens if you miss your flight - I'll let you know when I hear back.

The easiest way to get to Terminal 5 is on the Heathrow Express. This service is free if you are travelling between terminals. It runs every quarter of an hour and only takes a few minutes. Have a look at this link for more information:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/travel-between-terminals 

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Eileen

In the unlikely event of a missed connection, you would automatically be put on to another flight if the connecting flight and main flight were with the same airline. In this case they are not, so you would need to book another flight and claim on your travel insurance. We would do everything we could to help you with this - you could call us for assistance - you will find the number of our 24-hour duty office in the front cover of your ticket wallet

But I wouldn't worry too much about this - you have plenty of time and remember that planes often arrive earlier than scheduled as well.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Eileen L
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Eileen

In the unlikely event of a missed connection, you would automatically be put on to another flight if the connecting flight and main flight were with the same airline. In this case they are not, so you would need to book another flight and claim on your travel insurance. We would do everything we could to help you with this - you could call us for assistance - you will find the number of our 24-hour duty office in the front cover of your ticket wallet

But I wouldn't worry too much about this - you have plenty of time and remember that planes often arrive earlier than scheduled as well.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Thanks Olly,

My worry is that the BA flight at 9pm from Heathrow to Glasgow is the last flight that evening and there are no other flights to Glasgow. Would I have to sit in Heathrow on my own until the morning.Hope this does not happen but I would like some reassurance about help.

Regards, Eileen

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Eileen

I think it's very unlikely you would miss your flight but if you did, you would also be able to claim a hotel stay on your insurance. So the worst that could happen is you get to spend an extra night in a nice hotel, where you can rest after your long flight from China.

As I mentioned before, you would be welcome to call our 24 hour hotline number if you needed any help or advice on the day. We would do everything we could to help you find somewhere to stay or get on to another flight.

But all of this is very unlikely - I hope it won't stop you looking forward to a wonderful holiday!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Eileen L
(Member)
Thanks
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Eileen

I think it's very unlikely you would miss your flight but if you did, you would also be able to claim a hotel stay on your insurance. So the worst that could happen is you get to spend an extra night in a nice hotel, where you can rest after your long flight from China.

As I mentioned before, you would be welcome to call our 24 hour hotline number if you needed any help or advice on the day. We would do everything we could to help you find somewhere to stay or get on to another flight.

But all of this is very unlikely - I hope it won't stop you looking forward to a wonderful holiday!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Thanks Olly,

Will stop worrying and look forward to China.

Regards, Eileen L