LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

I have received my Final Holiday Information pack for this tour. However, I am confused.

At the beginning of the information the luggage allowance is stated as 30 kgs. and then later as only 20 kgs. The hand luggage limit is stated as 5 kgs.Can you please clarify this?

I understand about the overnight bag for Chengde and how our main luggage is stored whilst we are away but it is the initial luggage allowance from Heatrhrow to Beijing which is the problem.

I also see that the flight to Beijing has now been brought forward by nearly 3 hours but that is not a problem.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

Good news - the correct figure is 30kg as we have a special arrangement with Air China that allows you a little more. You are only restricted to 20kg if you are taking a connecting flight within the UK, which I know you are not.

I'm sorry that the documentation was confusing. I will point this out to our customer services team.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

Thank you for the information. Phew - I was getting worried there - 20 kgs. didn't seem anywhere near enough. So I don't envy those doing the connecting flights to Heathrow.

At least at 30 kgs, I will be able to bring some 'goodies' back if I choose to. Sounds like the shopping gene 'kicking in' again. Daniel Adams says even those who don't profess to be shoppers end up bringing stuff back, so I won't feel guilty.

Be happy,

Lesley :angel:

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

I'm glad to have reassured you. Have fun shopping!

Kind regards

Olly, your editor