Attracta
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly, Im going to China on 15th March 2011. I am flying from Belfast, can you give me any more information in regards to connecting flights from Belfast to Heathrow, checking in luggage for connecting flights. I have never been to Heathrow airport and am very anxious about missing my connecting flight in case I get lost or delayed. Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks 🙂
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Attracta

If you have booked a connecting flight through us we will give you a flight that leaves plenty of time to make your connection. If you are very concerned about missing it, you could request an earlier one and spend a bit longer at the airport. Of course, the options available will depend on the time of your main flight but I'm sure there will be plenty of flights from Belfast so this shouldn't be a problem. To find out what the options are, please call one of our holiday advisors on the number at the top of this page.

As for your luggage, if you book your connecting flight with us you will usually check in your luggage at Belfast and collect it when you arrive at your holiday destination but not always. This can depend on the airlines involved, so check with the holiday advisor about this point too. You will need a little longer to make your connection if you need to check your bags in again.

I can find out the answers for you ( please let me know your booking reference) but this will take a bit longer than phoning us up.

Have a great trip.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Attracta

I'm told that you won't have to reclaim your luggage at Heathrow for the flight out to China.

However, on the return journey you will need to will reclaim your luggage at Heathrow and check it in for the flight back to Belfast.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor