LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

As you know my plans have changed - so China here I come. I am not sure of currency for China or whether I can use my credit and debit cards easily. I couldn't find any info on previous posts by other JY folk so perhaps you can enlighten me. I am really looking forward to it now.

Thanks.

Be happy,

Lesley:angel:

PS Like the new Community page (now I have got used to it)

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

I'm glad you are getting to grips with the community now.

I've heard mixed reports about using cards in China. You should be fine paying for things with your credit card and you will generally be able to withdraw money from cashpoints. But I would recommend letting your bank know that you will be in China too, to make sure they don't block your cards. I would take some cash too in case you have any trouble with your cards - you are allowed to take in up to 6,000 yuan (about £400).

I would also ask tour manager Daniel Adams for his advice as he taken groups to China many times.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

Thanks for the info. I always notify my Bank and Credit Card company of where I am going so they don't block my cards whilst I am away - but thanks for reminding me - I will need to tell them of my change of plans.

I will certainly take cash too - yet another currency to get to grips with. Guess I will just have to spend it!

I will contact Daniel for any more info I might need. I think he is in China at the moment.

Life just gets better!!!

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel: