Yvonne P
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I have just booked on the above tour and it will be the first time I will have to navigate an airport on my own. I have travelled alone but have always cruised from Southampton so feeling rather nervous about it. Has anyone else felt like this and is there usually a rep there to help you through it. Would welcome some feed back please.
Paul N
(Member)
'Yvonne P' wrote:

Hi, I have just booked on the above tour and it will be the first time I will have to navigate an airport on my own. I have travelled alone but have always cruised from Southampton so feeling rather nervous about it. Has anyone else felt like this and is there usually a rep there to help you through it. Would welcome some feed back please.

Hi Yvonne 

Not unusual to feel nervous but there is no need JY look after you from start to finish. I have been with JY twice before and there was a rep at checkin both times just look out for JY badge or clipboard and don't forget your label on your luggage/hand luggage makes it easy to meet fellow travellers. You have picked a good holiday to start your many adventures with JY. I went on this trip last May and met a fabulous group of people (some of them are returning this year) and enjoyed an excellent holiday together with the odd glass of Aperol Spritz thanks to barman Ricardo.

Enjoy Paul

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Yvonne

I have been travelling with JY since 2006 and I have been on loads of tours and travelled the world  with JY. When I did the Tuscany tour the tour manager met us out in Italy as he lived there. There is always a rep at the airport, but as nowadays there are so many check in points sometimes they can’t see everyone. To be honest I rarely see one, but that does not bother me as I am so used to travelling solo.

You don’t  say what date your travelling it might  be worth putting a post up headed with the actual date asking if anyone else has booked, unforturtunatley not every one uses the community boards. Make sure you have your JY label on your hand luggage and look out to see if others have one then Introduce your self if you see a label.

The hotel has changed since when I went, but the tour is very similar you will have fun.

Don’t worry it all works out, just go with the flow. Any questions just ask.

Cindy