Paul N
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie 

I have just been reading through my Explore Italy Brochure which dropped through my letterbox yesterday thank you. I know you have dropped 3 dinners from this tour now (Customer Feedback) which has been discussed at length here before. However I was a little surprised to see that Dinner is retained on day 4 which is a free day when I would have thought you would have ample time to sort out somewhere to eat that night especially as you will have probably split into smaller groups.  Although I see you have now included an optional lunch on that day which I assume must be superb as cost is £49. Which if this is a large meal you may only need a small meal in the evening. However on day 3 the trip not to be missed to Siena I seem to remember that involved a coach trip of about 1 1/2 hours each way. Which means after one of the longest day trips you have to go out and search for dinner. The other long day (day 5) optional trip to San Gimignano/Volterra has dinner on return. Just wondered what the thinking was behind this. I also note the brochure mentions a new optional night at Montecatini Opera but no mention of which evening or costs and no mention at all on website. Sandra our TM in May 2018 organised this for some of our group and they had an excellent evening although I seem to remember that they had to forgo most of their dinner that evening. Just a thought maybe something for the team to look at. Many thanks Paul

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Paul,

Apologies for the delay.

In regards to the dinners we wanted to add an extra food experience, as Tuscany has some incredible local dishes to try, so on the free day we’ve added a typical lunch in a countryside farmhouse Fattoria al Poggio, including a wine tasting - which we hope you'll love!

The hotel in Montecatini is central located, and there are plenty of fantastic restaurants and bars around, as well as the hotel’s restaurant. You tour manager will also be more than happy to advise on where to find the best restaurant, or you could even join them for dinner, if you'd like to.

Thank you for all your feedback, I have passed it to the team and they are looking at it along with all feedback on this trip, so we can continue to provide the best experience.

Regarding the Opera experience, this was added to the itinerary later, so we don't have the full details in the brochure. This can sometimes be the case, as we'll add experiences later if we find something we think customers would enjoy.

Here are the details for the Opera:

This will take place on day 5 and it is only available for departures in late Apr/May/Jun/Aug/Sep.The opera season starts on the 19th April and finishes on the 25th October with a break in July.

Program as follows:

SPRING CONCERTS

19 APRIL - Terme Excelsior

HOMAGE to VERDI and PUCCINI

26th APRIL - Terme Excelsior

The great Italian lyric tradition

RECONDITE ARMONIE

MONTECATINI-RUSSIA Opera festival

From TCHAIKOVSKY to PUCCINI

3. 10. 17. 24. MAY - Terme Excelsior

Great OPERA & Slow FOOD

31st MAY - Terme Tettuccio

LA TRAVIATA / LA BOHEME

7th JUNE - Terme Tettuccio

TOSCA / RUSTICANA CAVALLERIA

14th JUNE - Terme Tettuccio

RIGOLETTO / CARMEN

21st JUNE - Terme Tettuccio

E LUCEVAN LE STELLE…

28th JUNE - Terme Tettuccio

FROM VERDI TO PUCCINI

16th AUGUST - Terme Tettuccio

LA TRAVIATA by Giuseppe Verdi

Directed by: Carlo Antonio De Lucia

23rd AUGUST - Terme Tettuccio

GRAND GALA OF THE LYRIC

MONTECATINI-RUSSIA Opera festival

30th AUGUST - Terme Tettuccio

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM

SAINT PETERSBURG-MONTECATINI Opera festival

6th SEPTEMBER - Terme Tettuccio

SAINT PETERSBURG-MONTECATINI OPERA GALA

INTERNATIONAL PRIZE "Il Parnaso" 2019

13th SEPTEMBER - Terme Tettuccio

Special guest: DÉSIRÉE RANCATORE

AUTUMN CONCERTS

20th SEPTEMBER - Terme Tettuccio

The legend of the tenor over the ocean

HOMAGE to CARUSO the voice, the passion

27th SEPTEMBER - Terme Tettuccio

The Masters of Italian Verismo

VESTI LA GIUBBA

On the centenary of the death of Ruggero Leoncavallo (1919-2019)

4th OCTOBER - Terme Tettuccio

RITRATTI DI DONNE Women's portraits

11th OCTOBER - Terme Excelsior

The music of the soul

HOMAGE to PUCCINI\

18th OCTOBER - Terme Excelsior

Arias and duets of love

OPERA in LOVE

25th OCTOBER - Terme Excelsior

The most famous opera arias

LIBIAM NE’LIETI CALICI

I hope this is helpful.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Paul N
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie 

Now that's what I call a comprehensive reply. No wonder a delay between posting and your reply it must have taken that long to type it. Opera night I know our group last year struggled to get dinner in before getting to the venue and I'm sure you've got it covered but earlier dinner maybe. 

Many thanks Paul

Vickie
(Member)
jthinch
(Member)
Hi Vickie and Paul

I am going on this tour on 17/06/19 and through an earlier enquiry on this forum found that the lunch was on the same day as one of the included dinners. I am agreeing with Paul regarding the included dinners on this particular day and at the moment I am reluctant to book the lunch until after arrival in Tuscany.

James