Lainy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi my name is elaine I’m going on my first single holiday in Nov to Iceland was wondering if anyone else going or has been and could give me some advice as what to pack
AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lainy

Welcome to the Community! Iceland is wonderful - you'll love it.

I went on the JY tour three years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food is amazing. If you put 'Iceland' into the 'Search' function at on the top right of the page, you'll find loads of reviews and tips from JYers like me, but if you've got any other questions having read those, happy to help.

Top tips - pack lots of layers that are easy to take on and off because you'll be in and out quite a bit. Also, some sturdy walking shoes or trainers with really good grips or some removable ice gips like YakTrax (that you can get on Amazon) because it can be quite slippy underfoot. Be aware that it is a quite pricy country, but forewarned is forearmed, and don't forget to keep all of your receipts because you can claim back all the tax at the airport on the way home.

Have a super time

Mandy

SarahS
(Member)
I can’t Iceland this year, will it be available in 2019?
Vickie
(Member)
Hi Sarah,

We've got two dates for our Icelandic Splendours tour in 2019 so far: March 31 and May 5.

https://www.justyou.co.uk/en-gb/tours/icelandic-splendours-2019/ 

Thanks,

Vickie

SarahS
(Member)
Thanks good to know. Been on my wish list for a long time.
Lainy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Lainy

Welcome to the Community! Iceland is wonderful - you'll love it.

I went on the JY tour three years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food is amazing. If you put 'Iceland' into the 'Search' function at on the top right of the page, you'll find loads of reviews and tips from JYers like me, but if you've got any other questions having read those, happy to help.

Top tips - pack lots of layers that are easy to take on and off because you'll be in and out quite a bit. Also, some sturdy walking shoes or trainers with really good grips or some removable ice gips like YakTrax (that you can get on Amazon) because it can be quite slippy underfoot. Be aware that it is a quite pricy country, but forewarned is forearmed, and don't forget to keep all of your receipts because you can claim back all the tax at the airport on the way home.

Have a super time

Mandy

Thanks Mandy I’m really looking forward to it I’ve got snow boots and a warm jacket

PamelaG
(Member)
'Lainy' wrote:

Hi my name is elaine I’m going on my first single holiday in Nov to Iceland was wondering if anyone else going or has been and could give me some advice as what to pack

Hi Lainy - I too am a first timer going on this trip.  Flying from Glasgow - where are you flying from?